FORUMS
Damien

Hybrid Hunter Standard

Whenever I see a Hybrid Hunter deck, an .mp3 file starts playing in my head, and I hear Sottle from Americas Summer Preliminaries (fabulous hair), saying "if your Hunter deck plays 2 Call of the Wild, 2 Savannah Highmane, it doesn't really matter what the other 26 cards are."

I'm actually pretty curious behind the double Tracking no Barnes configuration, because with such a creature-reliant and consistent beatdown plan, investing mana in card selection doesn't sound great. And Barnes is a very low on the opportunity cost. Not running Savannah Highmane? That's ambitious, but I agree the amount of Hex had increased (around my rank 10, huehuehue). If there was a secret plan at Complexity Gaming HQ to revolutionize Hunter using a 5 mana 5/5, then you have my applause, because it looks to me like a good idea. And that particular choice explains both Tracking and Barnes' absence.

Enjoying the rest of tech. Dire Wolf Alpha is great, what bothered me the most is that Kindly Grandmother is always in desperate need for a pump to actually do something. That's a solved problem.

One more thing - have you considered Scavenging Hyena at all? That card has been floating around me for a while, and it doesn't sound exactly terrible.

10 hours ago, Paracel said:

One more thing - have you considered Scavenging Hyena at all? That card has been floating around me for a while, and it doesn't sound exactly terrible.

It seems like Hyena would be hit by every spell the non-present Highmane would have taken.

@ParacelScavenging Hyena is a win-more card. You already have to have a board, which reduces it to slightly situational card as you can't play it on an empty board. Additionally, you won't be trading as much with this deck as you would with midrange hunter, which means the Scavenging Hyena will be buffed less often. 

Yeah, I get it about Hyena now. And the Beast count is somewhat low. What drew my attention to it is that I've found Unleash the Hounds to be underperforming a lot and I'd want to change that.

About trading - I can't agree with your statement. The amount of stuff you want to kill doesn't change, but you get to play more dudes and pumps, which naturally promotes trading. A lack of early game interaction is what I feel to be Hunter's problem, and Hybrid build tries to fix it.

They would both act as big bodies that eat up exactly the same removal. Because you have no Highmane in the deck, Hyena will take the saps, the fireballs, the poly, the hex, whatever. 

If Hyena doesn't live long enough to get buffed at all, it basically just becomes a weak 2 drop. It sounds like you're hoping to combine it with Unleash though, so it just turns into a less sticky Highmane with no deathrattle.

Just seems like Highmane would do exactly what the Hyena would, unless your opinion has no removal to deal with a 10+ attack Hyena.