Damien

Heroes of the Storm Alarak

31 posts in this topic

I suggest to indicate that Extended lightning will be difficult to complete against team comps featuring abathur, or mostly ranged hero that won't tend to group up a lot.
I also suggest to label Sustaining Power as situational, in the case where your team has no healer and few tanks, and features mostly ranged assassins, as it can be the case in modes like Quick Match.

About Alarak, what key bindings or key changes, such as Quick cast, would you all suggest to use? I'm having trouble setting up for Alarak, especially in messy team fights.

8 hours ago, Trensicourt said:

About Alarak, what key bindings or key changes, such as Quick cast, would you all suggest to use? I'm having trouble setting up for Alarak, especially in messy team fights.

Alarak requires very precision, since his skillshots can be hard to hit. For that reason, I run with the "On Release" option on Discord StrikeDiscord StrikeTelekinesisTelekinesis and Counter-StrikeCounter-Strike in order to see the aiming reticule better and calculate where it will hit. For Telekinesis, which is an ability hard to maneuver, the "On Release" option is specially useful, allowing you to drag the cursor around and see how the effect will apply; I recommend playing around with this option in the Try Mode first, so you get used to it. And you can always cancel any ability on either "Off" and "On Release" it by right-clicking anywhere, in case you decide to not cast said abilities.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

The lightning quest is also easy to complete when facing a melee solo laner. Since they will generally be in the mix of minions you can target. So if the team fights are too ranged based or too spread out, this might be your way to get the quest advanced a little further. It may only be temporary though as they catch on. You can also use it when laying siege. As enemy heroes try to come out to push you away they open up to some easy center damage.

Edit: Specifically, use the walls and towers. Once your minions are closing to siege, position yourself so that your circle line lets you hit all three, so that when they come out to engage, you can just ping them for your quest. Easy.  If you are fighting in the open and they are staying in the back row of minions because they know about Alarak, then you can always bump them forward, or bump minions backwards.

Capture points are also very nice for grabbing lightning and discord quests. There's always someone getting swarmed. :p

Edited by Morcalivan
clarification

Hi, I found a typo I believe in the Alarak guide in the Chaos Reign build, the level 7 talent being Applied ForceApplied Force while the description of the build talks about Hindered MotionHindered Motion :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SacriJuts said:

Hi, I found a typo I believe in the Alarak guide in the Chaos Reign build, the level 7 talent being Applied ForceApplied Force while the description of the build talks about Hindered MotionHindered Motion :)

The sentence before Hindered MotionHindered Motion says that Applied ForceApplied Force can be exchanged. This means that Hindered MotionHindered Motion is an alternative choice to Applied ForceApplied Force at level 7 and due to its nature deserves to be described in the build description. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.