FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Carrn

2016-09-23 Patch Notes Discussion

8 hours ago, Carrn said:

It does. Mastery is the most important stat followed by Crit, which is almost equal to Vers. 

I hope to have some guides posted here on the forums by tomorrow afternoon, which I'll be able to keep updated instead of using the guides on the main site which are harder to get updates for

Why is mastery going to be the most important stat? only increases damage for your poisons, Should we go poison spec instead of bleed?

Didn't Poisons Knives have to buff Agonizing Poisons? I can't see it in the tooltip.

Edit: The tooltip now does show the buff. Dunno why it didn't when I posted this.

Edited by Falx

18 minutes ago, Sempronius said:

Is there a link to a poison spec talent tree?  I've only been running bleeds so far and I'm curious to see what a recommended build looks like.

I'm hoping to have the guides up later today, but it will have to wait until I get back from class. I'll update this post, as well as the FAQ when they're available and posted to the forums

9 hours ago, dannebre said:

Why is mastery going to be the most important stat? only increases damage for your poisons, Should we go poison spec instead of bleed?

If you missed the rest of what was talked about earlier, yeah that's what's happening. 

Agonizing Poison pulls ahead of Exsanguinate as we move into EN, and it's pretty close to equal even before then. Mastery increases the damage done by Agonizing Poison, so it gains a lot of value.

3 hours ago, Carrn said:

If you missed the rest of what was talked about earlier, yeah that's what's happening. 

Agonizing Poison pulls ahead of Exsanguinate as we move into EN, and it's pretty close to equal even before then. Mastery increases the damage done by Agonizing Poison, so it gains a lot of value.

Yeah, I read about it in this thread, was 4am in the morning sorry!.... Glad I'm at 106%mastery

6 minutes ago, dannebre said:

Yeah, I read about it in this thread, was 4am in the morning sorry!.... Glad I'm at 106%mastery

That's a pretty comfortable spot to be in. Crit is your next best and Vers after that

34 minutes ago, Carrn said:

That's a pretty comfortable spot to be in. Crit is your next best and Vers after that

I am using the addon "Pawn" Where can I find the latest stat priority string?

1 hour ago, dannebre said:

I am using the addon "Pawn" Where can I find the latest stat priority string?

Usually you sim your character and then use the weights that it gives you.

3 hours ago, Falx said:

Current version of SimulationCraft does not consider latest hotfix right? So it's pointless to sim now.

Pretty sure it's been updated for a few days now at least

Edit: I'm not actually sure about the main site, I know the main SimC developers updated the apl for each spec and got everything implemented, but I'm not sure if it's live on the main site or not

38 minutes ago, dannebre said:

Which talents should I use for poison spec?

Elaborate Planning.

16 minutes ago, dannebre said:

Venom rush aswell?

To be more specific:

Elaborate Planning, Nightstalker, Deeper Stratagem, Agnozing Poison, and Venom Rush.

4 hours ago, Carrn said:

Pretty sure it's been updated for a few days now at least

Edit: I'm not actually sure about the main site, I know the main SimC developers updated the apl for each spec and got everything implemented, but I'm not sure if it's live on the main site or not

From http://www.simulationcraft.org/download.html i read latest release 16 Sep 2016. Do you have any other website where I can download the latest version from?

I noticed the debuff tooltip of Agonizing Poisons does not show the artifact traits buffs.

I have 5.5% per stack (hence 27% total) and 4 traits that increases the % by 5% but I only see 27% from the target's debuff icon tooltip. Is it just a tooltip issue or a bug?

1 hour ago, Falx said:

From http://www.simulationcraft.org/download.html i read latest release 16 Sep 2016. Do you have any other website where I can download the latest version from?

Just be cause the current build isn't "up to date" doesn't mean it's actually wrong. Once the APL is created, it's more about tweaking numbers and very small changes, which don't really make a huge difference to most people.

I think it actually gets updated almost every night, and there are all kinds of updates published regularly if you want to have a look at the test builds.

2 hours ago, Bilitherubin said:

After the hotfix, would Death From Above be used slightly more or would Marked for Death still mostly the go-to talent for Outlaw/Subtlety?

MfD is still the default