FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Carrn

2016-09-23 Patch Notes Discussion

5 minutes ago, Sempronius said:

Any suggestions on an opening rotation with the poison build?  Without hemo and exsang, it feels a bit...off, which I'm sure will change with practice.

Guides will be live here on the forums tomorrow evening. The general idea will remain the same though, use Vendetta and buff Rupture with Vanish

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carrn said:

Just be cause the current build isn't "up to date" doesn't mean it's actually wrong. Once the APL is created, it's more about tweaking numbers and very small changes, which don't really make a huge difference to most people.

I think it actually gets updated almost every night, and there are all kinds of updates published regularly if you want to have a look at the test builds.

I use mac and there is not an updated build yet :( 

What about the Agonizing Poisons tooltip problem? Do you have the same issue?

• Like 1

On 29/09/2016 at 2:52 AM, Falx said:

I use mac and there is not an updated build yet :( 

What about the Agonizing Poisons tooltip problem? Do you have the same issue?

I think 7.1 will fix a ton of tooltip issues, but I'm not 100% sure about that

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

I think 7.1 will fix a ton of tooltip issues, but I'm not 100% sure about that

How do we know it's just a tooltip issue and that the traits are not actually working? Is there anyway to check it?

I have 82% mastery 41% crit and based on my tries on training dummies I noticed exsanguinate is head of Agonizing Poisons, maybe because my mastery is still too low?

26 minutes ago, Falx said:

How do we know it's just a tooltip issue and that the traits are not actually working? Is there anyway to check it?

I have 82% mastery 41% crit and based on my tries on training dummies I noticed exsanguinate is head of Agonizing Poisons, maybe because my mastery is still too low?

Yeah that sounds like Mastery being too low. Everyone I see getting better results with Agnozing has upwards of 100% Mastery.

There isn't a solid number that I know of where Agonizing becomes better that I know of, however I see people getting better results with it above the 110% ish mark. 

2 hours ago, Falx said:

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

Yeah that sounds like Mastery being too low. Everyone I see getting better results with Agnozing has upwards of 100% Mastery.

There isn't a solid number that I know of where Agonizing becomes better that I know of, however I see people getting better results with it above the 110% ish mark. 

I was at 104% Mastery last night which is likely the key difference, and I was lucky enough to get a drop that pushed it to 115% now, so I'm curious to see how that does next.  I'm still working on timing and rotation and Assassin is still bad on certain fights (Il'gynoth particularly), but I can see why the sims point to a poison build at higher levels.  I didn't check that tooltip last night, but I will when I get a chance to log in again.

Anybody knows when SimulacionCraft guys are gonna release a new version for mac? It's already been while since the last one :)

1 hour ago, Falx said:

Anybody knows when SimulacionCraft guys are gonna release a new version for mac? It's already been while since the last one :)

Unfortunately I have no idea, that's a question better directed to them. You can find the info for their IRC Channel on the website

PS: get a pc

7 hours ago, Progression said:

Any ideas what the BIS Poison Assassin trinkets are now?

I hope they havent changed much, I just got a ilvl 885 Bloodthirsty Instinct :)

And yes Carn I should get a pc to play but I just hate Windows too much, I can't really bear it.

Edited by Falx

Has anyone been able to calculate the stat values for a poison build accurately?  I know it is agi>mastery>crit=vers>haste, but is mastery .8 or .7 and is haste .4 or .3 for example (using Agi as 1.0)?

I just tried using simcraft and it came up with some very different values using my current build/gear.  It has it as Agi>Crit>Vers>Mast>Haste, so I suppose a lot of this is very situationally dependent right now.

Edited by Sempronius

On 08/10/2016 at 6:14 PM, Sempronius said:

Has anyone been able to calculate the stat values for a poison build accurately?  I know it is agi>mastery>crit=vers>haste, but is mastery .8 or .7 and is haste .4 or .3 for example (using Agi as 1.0)?

I just tried using simcraft and it came up with some very different values using my current build/gear.  It has it as Agi>Crit>Vers>Mast>Haste, so I suppose a lot of this is very situationally dependent right now.

Stat weights are very dynamic and change all the time