FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chrysanthana

PROT- Vengeance is still worth having? Why?

So, first of all its not 45 anymore. That was with at 45% rage-cost reduction (blizz changed that to 35%).

The rage boarder for using FR is at 55 now. This is with the cost-reduction buff for FR. It means: under 55 rage, dont use FR. Above 55 rage, use FR if you dont allready have the cost-reduction buff for IP.

If you dont have the buff (usually that never happens), you can use FR above 69 rage.

So, i hope you understand my explanation. If you use TellMeWhen i can also share the code which tells you if you should use IP and FR

17 hours ago, digitalzomb said:

So question on this decision tree... does the 45 rage before IP apply to using FR without the rage reduction? Or are you saying don't use FR under 45 rage only if you have the rage reduction?

Figured it out... :) If FR = 30 rage, at 45, it drops you to 15, which is 45% off 33 (half cost ignore pain). 45 Rage is already 45% of 60 so if I am thinking correctly, then 45 rage is minimum balance for not losing rage on a full cost FR combo'd with a half cost IP

31 minutes ago, Allseye said:

So, first of all its not 45 anymore. That was with at 45% rage-cost reduction (blizz changed that to 35%).

The rage boarder for using FR is at 55 now. This is with the cost-reduction buff for FR. It means: under 55 rage, dont use FR. Above 55 rage, use FR if you dont allready have the cost-reduction buff for IP.

If you dont have the buff (usually that never happens), you can use FR above 69 rage.

So, i hope you understand my explanation. If you use TellMeWhen i can also share the code which tells you if you should use IP and FR

Darn :) 

Thanks for the clarity this definitely helps!

It's not 55, IP costs 39 rage with the reduction and focused rage costs 19.5, for a total of 59 rage. You save only 1 rage per rotation so unless you want to boost your dps might as well only use it on ultimatum procs, since then you are free to cast a small IP if you urgently need one.

What your writing is true and at the same time wrong =). Your answer has nothing to do with what he has asked. He has not asked at which ragelvl he should use FR+IP to get a full IP. He asked for a detailed information, why you should use FR at a certain ragelvl.

If you wanna know, why you should use FR at that lvl, just repeat the follwing math with 35% cost-reduction of FR:

On ‎02‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 1:43 PM, Allseye said:

With the rage-reduce-buff, FR does u cost 19.5 rage (0.65*30), so lets say 20. Well now u can calulate at which rage-lvl u will save 20 rage with the buff to reduce your IP cost. If i do, u'll get a rage-lvl around 45 (45*0.45=20.25).

So, i may be the dumb one here but i still get rage calculated to saving about 1 rage when using FR+IP without Ultimatum. Am i correct?

Wich to me seems like a waste of time, IF you dont want a dps boost, but im lazy so not my cup of tee.

Or is there some other hidden benefit from bothering using FR+IP without Ultimatium?

Edited by thyraven

You're absolutly not dumb, it's exactly how you say it. Look, at this Tier all skills are something 4 DPS. I think it was not the intention of blizz to give us a skill that increases our survivabilty. So they gave us the nerf we wont save rage with that skill. Well, we still do if we use it with Ultimate. Vengeance without Ultimate it's a bad choice, but with Ultimate it gives us still the best survivabilty.