FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

Tell your Affliction Warlocks to learn a viable secondary spec.  No pure DPS should ever pidgeon hole themselves into one spec.

Tell your Affliction Warlocks to learn a viable secondary spec.  No pure DPS should ever pidgeon hole themselves into one spec.

I'm Aff/Demo current (was swapping between Aff/Destro and Aff/Demo in 5.3). I use both specs pretty evenly for PvE and PvP, but was under the impression that Aff was better than Demo for this fight. 

Edited by Annoroth

Absolutely not.  Read the first page of this guide lol

Demonology

-weakest burst multi-DoT spec, not recommended for this fight

Am I missing something super obvious?

There's another line that says that Affliction doesn't have time for it.  Regardless, you shouldn't have any trouble on the fight.  Take 5 Affliction Warlocks.  It's a glorified trash mob.  Just saying for optimization, Demo and Affliction are pretty lame.

If you're going to play Demo and Aff, just go Demo and use a ToC or two on each add.  They are SUPER trivial.  Like...the fight is incredibly undertuned.

There's another line that says that Affliction doesn't have time for it.  Regardless, you shouldn't have any trouble on the fight.  Take 5 Affliction Warlocks.  It's a glorified trash mob.  Just saying for optimization, Demo and Affliction are pretty lame.

Thanks. Sorry if my questions seem lowbrow, I'm certainly not in the league of most posters here, but I am trying to not use being casual as an excuse for playing poorly. 

• Like 1

You're fine...nothing is too low.  The adds have 400k.  There's no time for anything.  Tanks do them with ease and have no issues so DPS will have no problem.

To suggestions from doing flex last night with my guild:

If you're doing 10-man, it's really helpful to set up your gate on Immerseus. When you have so many adds spawning yet so few people, it's useful if you end up on a side of the room with nothing but healing adds and the DPS adds all spawn on the other side. Also, while they are low health, be aware that normal mode players in 525-530 gear won't one/two shot adds quite the same as you will.

On Sha of Pride, set up a gate to one prison and drop your circle on another to help with getting people out faster.

A few notes for normals from a ~545 ilvl perspective in a 25 man setting. A lot has been said already, but I'll try to point out thing that I found different etc

Immerseus: I think been covered enough

Protectors: Had almost some major problems with bosses almost hitting 2 desperate measures phases at the same time. Would say the fight is undertuned, but I guess it's just meant for a ilvl of 20-30 ilvls below ours. Seemed easier to control own dots as demo than affli.

Norushen: If you go demo, remember to pool fury for the other realm. Personally felt like demo would work also pretty well here, the adds die way too fast for affliction imo. Again possibly a question of ilvls so your mileage may wary.

Sha of Pride: I'd go demo here myself. Helps with movement and MF + aoe on small adds helps melting them. The "big" adds die so fast that didn't feel like affliction would be good for this.

Galakras: Usually about 4-5 mobs alive at a time each wave, so not sure how well destro's new aoe works here. Seems like you'd need to pool embers for both waves and demolishers.

Iron Juggernaut: Nothing new here, single target with a bit of movement, so affliction and demo both shine depending on gear.

Dark Shaman: Think enough has been said already, not much to add.

General Nazgrim: Sat this one out, but our demo lock seemed to do just fine

Malkorok: Sat this one also, sorry and didn't check the stream enough to comment much.

Spols: Same thing as previously, on normal things die too fast for affliction. After our tank started chain pulling and kept 2-4 mobs alive at a time it got a bit better as I could actually soulswap my dots. Not much movement at any point, so KJC isn't really usefull for any spec.

Thok: Sat this one out also, but demo shines with the movement. Would pick KJC for this one for sure for the time when you get fixated on in p2.

Just some quick thoughts, I'll try to post more when I've had time to analyze things a bit more thoroughly during weekend. More comments after today's raid.

• Like 1

Malkorok:

Use your portal to teleport back down to the platform if/when you get knocked up.

Felpuppy.

Pop defensive cooldowns when soaking pools if you aren't "green" icon to help mitigate damage. Passive 30% via soul link and UR glyph and soul leech help the healers greatly.

Spols: Same thing as previously, on normal things die too fast for affliction. After our tank started chain pulling and kept 2-4 mobs alive at a time it got a bit better as I could actually soulswap my dots. Not much movement at any point, so KJC isn't really usefull for any spec.

What do you mean they died too fast for affliction? Focus on the medium-large adds (one of which should be up at ll times) and worry less about the small ones. Cleaver's gotta cleave something. 

With Mantid spawning amber pools and Anima Golems spawning teleport pools, you are moving around quite bit.

Gateways to help drop threat of you and raid.

Thok: Sat this one out also, but demo shines with the movement. Would pick KJC for this one for sure for the time when you get fixated on in p2

If you get fixated...you should be running. Demonic gateways from the center of the room pointing down the hall and to the other side. Raid stacks near the portals.

The longer your can prolong the interrupting standstill phase (even though your almost completely global locked) the better. Cast instants as much as possible because the interrupts come every couple of seconds later on. If you get caught in a cast (haunt, UA, w/e) , wait for the next one to attempt another cast-time spell or you will be stuck in the 2 second spell-lock, and get hit by the next interrupt - vicious circle! Hello Fel Flame. Demo just stay in form and spam touch of chaos during this phase.

Focus boss during fixate phase, KJC helps with chasing the boss around ("In mother Russia, boss chase you!" comes to mind for some reason). You can cross dot jailer, but melee should be focusing him down.

Blackfuse:

(did not go on conveyor)

KJC definitely recommended. Constantly running away from something: laser, rocket, mines, blades, magnet.

Felpuppy and stick him on boss.

Nearly endless soulshards with the mines, and two targets up most of the fight. Focus boss, SS the mini-mecha. SB:SS mines, then copy a couple times to other ones nearby.

Paragons:

Bloods can be stunned and slowed: Shadowfury/Breath

You can solo soak blue (on normal at least) with Dark Bargain combo.

3 Bosses up at all times : Doom all of 'em, of course.

Save DPS cooldowns for encased amber if possible.

Use portal to get away from the yellow fixate (I forget what it's called, but you run towards the add uncontrollably).

Felpuppy again, bosses are stacked so not a whole lot of pet movement (except for bloods, which seems like that will be the first boss to die if he's active, so this is limited). 

Low-Moderate amount of movement: Don't stand in that, line up for aim, go kill bloods, etc.

Edited by Rakupenda

Chaos wave on Foul slime on Dark shaman had me full fury almost the entire fight!  

Are you saying that casting Chaos Wave *granted* you DF? :P

Killing an enemy in Metamorphosis grants you Demonic Fury.  This is why I solo'd Warbringers as Demonology.  Killing the scarabs with Chaos Wave took me from 200 DF to 1000 DF instantly.  Similar situation with the slimes.  You'd want to ALWAYS be in Metamorphosis when killing the slimes.  If possible, ask other ranged DPS to not touch them.

Oh yeah, that old chest nut, I forget sometimes when you're in a 25 man and killing blows are rare.  Good call Soulzar!

What do you mean they died too fast for affliction? Focus on the medium-large adds (one of which should be up at ll times) and worry less about the small ones. Cleaver's gotta cleave something. 

With Mantid spawning amber pools and Anima Golems spawning teleport pools, you are moving around quite bit.

Exactly what I said. There were quite a few times when there weren't any mobs alive before we opened the next boss. And like I said, it was mostly a question of tank pulling too slow, need the constant chainpulling for affliction to have any chance of being reasonable. Assuming heroic requires this so might shine there. But for a group that knows how to play and takes it carefully not to open too many crates at a same time when checking tuning affliction was garbage.

This for spoils so people won't get too confused wink.png

Was destro for Spoils and it worked way better than affliction for me. With affliction I could only focus on the medium adds, the small ones were dead before I could touch them. 

Destro or Demo for this one I would think. I did Man. Fury as destro and it worked great. 

To continue with a few notes:

Siegecrafter all our locks went affliction to take every other conveyor belt. Demo might have been doable, but with the need to avoid the cutters I don't see destro being viable. KJC for demo and affli both. Didn't see any problems with pet, but might have gotten lucky. Was afraid that the pet would bug out with the moving.

So you know, on beta it was possible to put up circle on belt and use it to get there everytime. Doesn't work on live.

Sat out paragons (being new to the guild and all), but demo seemed awesome there. Can use doom on all 3 and we all know what happens after that. Just doom on all 3 and then single target nuke, very close to coucil of elders except that they heal in between. Shadowfury to stun bloods and unglyph carrion swarm to knock them back.

Garrosh: Went demo with shadowfury, sac pact and service. KJC for movement in other realm to avoid being hit by garrosh's cone attack. Depending on group composition affliction could be damn strong here if you can mostly concentrate on garrosh and the desecrated weapons.

Again this for 25 man pov

Got Garrosh down.  3 pieces of tier...damn Black Blood went to a Mage.  I'll be updating guides Sunday/Monday.  Busy weekend.

Got Garrosh down.  3 pieces of tier...damn Black Blood went to a Mage.  I'll be updating guides Sunday/Monday.  Busy weekend.

What a waste of a trinket, I thought that Multistrike + Immersius is BIS for mages.

Edited by JvChequer

Yeah I was a little frustrated, but it's whatever.  We will kill him many more times.  Since our Ele got KTT and the Mage got BB, I would think I've almost locked myself into Bindings...pretty useful since we'll be doing him on Heroic on Tuesday so maybe it was all for the best :D

• Like 1

I prefer Binding than Multistrike because Bindings fell way better with the time and upgrades and stuff.

My guild semi-casual / semi-hardcore / semi-noob is 9/14, we have difficult in spoils yersterday with three tries, but probably this week we will go 11/14 or 12/14 the next 4 hours of raiding we have left, very good for us, I Guess, my dps still bad IMO, i need to re-think what I'm doing wrong, even If I'm top dps in 7/9 fights, I feel I could do a lot more.

Hope nex week we kill Garrosh and start doing heroic.

Fights ramp up in difficulty quite a bit with Blackfuse, Spoils, and Thok.  Spoils is the easiest of the 3.  Paragons was VERY easy knowing how to prepare for them.  Garrosh was the best fight ever.  My favorite fight to date.  We killed Garrosh after 11 hours and 42 minutes of raiding.  I'm glad we didn't leave him up this week.