FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

Or, ignore the adds as Affliction so everyone else can kill them while you pew pew the boss!

Zagam when are you going to update the list? I'm checking like 30 times an hour lol can't wait tongue.png

Btw, is there a 'viable' BiS-list already? The one here on Icy Veins isn't updated yet and the trash on the net I've seen so far is.. yeah trash. Did anyone of you play demo a lot except for maybe Sha of Pride? Somehow it felt that Demo was on par with Affliction on that fight because of MF.

Edited by Lappenforce

Iron Juggernaut

If you stand at max range from the boss, the earth spikes will just barely reach you, if they do at all. You can be bad and decide to take one to two ticks of dmg or take two steps right or left.

you all getting ranked and making me feel like a baddie , at least i got #48 on dark shamans :<

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-juz7anh8ehfzudpn/sum/damageDone/?s=11812&e=12043#Zevrosh

And i just noticed i got #18 on sha of pridde!!

pew pew MF immo aura.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dkufc2t15hp9yxnm/sum/damageDone/?s=7766&e=8085#Zevrosh

Edited by Khaos

Zagam when are you going to update the list? I'm checking like 30 times an hour lol can't wait tongue.png

Btw, is there a 'viable' BiS-list already? The one here on Icy Veins isn't updated yet and the trash on the net I've seen so far is.. yeah trash. Did anyone of you play demo a lot except for maybe Sha of Pride? Somehow it felt that Demo was on par with Affliction on that fight because of MF.

Why are you checking so frequently for "BiS" lists when BiS gear isn't even available yet?  BiS lists are barely that for extremely hardcore raiders, and they usually know what they're looking for.  The list I have on each spec's guide is very adequate.  If you don't like it, modify it a bit for yourself, but I think it's a pretty sharp skeleton for what you're looking for.

Why are you checking so frequently for "BiS" lists when BiS gear isn't even available yet?  BiS lists are barely that for extremely hardcore raiders, and they usually know what they're looking for.  The list I have on each spec's guide is very adequate.  If you don't like it, modify it a bit for yourself, but I think it's a pretty sharp skeleton for what you're looking for.

I think they meant the Tips and tricks list for the remainder of the bosses.  The BIS questions was a side thought. 

And I was checking frequently myself biggrin.png

Thok Demo:

I ran with KJC to help keep my dps up while in the transition as I did not want to burn too much fury moving with ToC so that I could go into second phase with enough banked to keep dps up.  Now that our positioning  and kiting is refined and movement in transition phase is minimized, AD will be the better talent as the double DS will allow a better opening burst letting you shift to meta ToC spam earlier and lowering the reliance on Fel flame.

Seigebreaker Demo:

Use Leap to get from assembly line back down to main platform.  100% reliable and you don't have to mess with the tubes. Put port right at the opening to the tube that drops you on assembly line to allow quick port&drop.  Always being lined up going into the tube removes the stupid factor of missing it.  Yes i'm bad and it happened.  I ran with KJC to ensure I could dps and stay well positioned on the assembly line, but once I got the hang of timing, having enough fury to stay in Meta whole assembly turn was easy and KJC wont be needed.  I'll be using AD next week.  Placed gateway from middle of room to tube.

Paragon Demo:

While we have yet to beat these guys, here is what I have learned thus far.  Priority on your opening dooms should be to get the extended dooms up on the paragons left alive the longest.  Depending on your kill order, one of the initial 3 will be either the 3rd to die or 4th, make sure this one gets a 1.5min doom in case your second proc is spread out.  While ideally you want a single doom up on this last paragon so you can doom all 3 when you proc, the first kill target dies so quickly that not getting a crit doom on it is the least detrimental of the 3 for imp generation.

Edited by Soulzar

"Use Leap to get from assembly line back down to main platform."

Dude, just use Teleport and gg

Likewise, just use leap and GG.  Port can be used for all specs however

Likewise, just use leap and GG.  Port can be used for all specs however

Leap spend your precious fury, Demonic Portal it's just a GCD.

Jesus, I never thought the Glyph of lowering UR Cd by 60seg would be useful in any fight by in Thok is a really savior.

Btw, Thok is a damn monster.

When did you use it specifically?  Earlier on or right near the end when getting close to push over?

I glyphed for the passive 10% to help round out the dmg overall.  Due to Soul link and a higher HP pool than others in raid, I was never at threat of being too low and dieing before push over so felt an ability to prevent me from going under 50% was not adding to my survivability and put more stress on others to be under 50% when I can soak it better.  

When did you use it specifically?  Earlier on or right near the end when getting close to push over?

I glyphed for the passive 10% to help round out the dmg overall.  Due to Soul link and a higher HP pool than others in raid, I was never at threat of being too low and dieing before push over so felt an ability to prevent me from going under 50% was not adding to my survivability and put more stress on others to be under 50% when I can soak it better.  

I used around 3 times at the Fight, but my first use in right after Devotion Aura expires because i double use AD right in the first phase to enjoy 40sec of Dark soul Bloodlusted

We have 2 pallys at our core so its around 18sec without any interrupt from boss, what I need for enjoy the whole second Dark Soul.

We have no Paladins, so I just casted Fel Flame during his mass interrupt bullshit.  After talking to Locky and Gahhda, I think one of them mentioned Demo getting through the phase without concern which sounded better than spamming FF as Affliction.

Why are you checking so frequently for "BiS" lists when BiS gear isn't even available yet? BiS lists are barely that for extremely hardcore raiders, and they usually know what they're looking for. The list I have on each spec's guide is very adequate. If you don't like it, modify it a bit for yourself, but I think it's a pretty sharp skeleton for what you're looking for.

I was talking about the boss guide tips list on the first page, sorry if that wasn't obvious. The BiS thing was just a side-note, thinking there might be a few guidelines other than "get mastety haste and avoid crit"

Edit: thanks for the update. Good work as always and will definately help me

Edited by Lappenforce

I used around 3 times at the Fight, but my first use in right after Devotion Aura expires because i double use AD right in the first phase to enjoy 40sec of Dark soul Bloodlusted

We have 2 pallys at our core so its around 18sec without any interrupt from boss, what I need for enjoy the whole second Dark Soul.

Ah right, I as thinking of it simply as a DR and not for its secondary effect to avoid the interrupt since that was never an issue for me as Demo.  It will be a better cooldown for affliction/destro for sure.

Dunno if this has been said but for Norushen you might be underestimating demo. I ran a flex trying to get the achieve, Full nuke boss without purification, left everyone else behind by a lot. (which i think means pet damage is not affected by the debuff, or maybe just imp damage)

Garrosh was a cool fight until about the 10th wipe due to a bug where you are mc'd and instead of freeing you at 20%, you sit there mc'd til 1hp and then are freed and instantly killed. Needless to say, 13/14 and hopefully it gets fixed :(

Garrosh Hellscream Touch of Y'Shaarj healed You 0 Shadow. (752674 Overhealed) 
You died. 
Edited by Typecast

I think it's not about the damage reduction , it's about the fact that silences don't work when you use UR.

Dunno if this has been said but for Norushen you might be underestimating demo. I ran a flex trying to get the achieve, Full nuke boss without purification, left everyone else behind by a lot. (which i think means pet damage is not affected by the debuff, or maybe just imp damage)

Yeah, I heard rumors that pets weren't affected.  While that's cool for Imps and Fel/Wrathguard, it still evades the major mechanic in the fight and really only justifies raid leaders sending in Warlocks last.  You still should want to get purified with utmost urgency to do real damage.

I dream of the day that a question about weaving spells between Hand of Gul'dans or how to better use Chaos Bolt gets more discussion and hints than Haste vs Mastery vs Crit.  I almost cry buckets of tears when I check these forums anymore.

Zagam, what it's best for Warlock affliction at the 30seg mark in the Spoils fight after 3 wipes in a full moon night while you are dressed with red pants and no shirts, crit, haste or mastery?

Malkorok

For this fight, I recommend the use of Glyph of Eternal Resolve. Since Ancient Miasma prevents you from gaining actual health back, it means that if you are burning through your mana, you might ran oom before the boss reaches 100 rage. (like I did)

On Spoils, do guys ran it with MF? Maybe it was our tank not pulling enough adds at, there only seemed to be 2-4 adds up at anyone time. I switched to AD for burn on the "bosses".