FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hitry

Protection sim

Hi I am working on a sim for prot warrior since simulationcraft doesn't work for it currently, you can check it out here if you like:

http://protsim.herokuapp.com/

It runs pretty slow so scaling will take a lot of time. Have some problems with it still, like where haste will give more or less uptime on shield block depending on the current rating for some reason. If you find any other bugs please let me know. Currently for me it reports armor>haste>mastery>vers>strength>crit, with armor pretty far ahead - could be that darkmoon fair armor trinket is worth a try!

Edited by Hitry

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Davidga13
      Anybody can help with this? I'm using simcraft to get the stat priority for my MM's gear but it is giving me crazy results, not sure why. Agility=83.13, Ap=80.24, CritRating=0.83, HasteRating=46.84, MasteryRating=1.04, Versatility=217.72, Dps=297.72
      According to stat priority lists, such as the icy veins one, mastery should be the predominant stat. Now I understand that it can change depending on gear and other things, but this much???
      I've attached a screenshot wit the settings in simcraft, in case it helps.
      Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Sorry if it's a noob question.
      Cheers!

• By Neshama
      Hi, several players told me, that my warrior is not having enough HP as he should with current item level.
      Here is the link to armory
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/burning-legion/wienkszy

How can I push my HP higher, is there any way I can increase it ?  Trinkets, relics, items. Am I  missing something ? 
    • By Fodia
      When I started playing again after several years off, I chose the wrong weapon/artifact chain for my Ret Paladin.  I choose Truthguard instead of Ashbringer.  So I am at 105 with Truthguard now and I was told by Bliz several levels ago that I could swap weapons at some point although I was not told how or when. I don't use Truthguard in play now just a normal weapon and seem to do ok. What must I do?
      From Blizzard -  "I understand you are contacting us about your starting artifact weapon! I know it would be frustrating wanting to use Retribution and the Ashbringer and getting the Truth Guard by mistake. I made this same mistake on my Shaman. I was anxious to get the Doom Hammer and didn’t realize I was required to use the Enhancement spec. I do have some information to share with you.
      The bad news is, once an artifact is selected, there’s no changing that. Luckily, you’re not stuck with this forever. You’ll need to go through some of the story line with the Truth Guard, but once you hit level 102, you’ll be presented with the option to pick up the other 2 artifact weapons. From there you will be able to use any one you’d like. ^_^"
    • By Strobes
      EDIT: The characters in question are
      Me - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fenris/Cygnius/advanced
      Friend - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fenris/teldrali/advanced
      -----
      Hey, guys. I downloaded simcraft and ran some patchwerk simulations today to help me decide which pieces of gear I want to be wearing, since I have a number of things that seem like they could be viable for my Demonology Warlock The results don't really match what the article here states, but still show Haste on top for single target, and very close to Int for 2 and 3 targets, which seems to at least somewhat match the guide here. I figured this would be good enough for me to determine which gear choices would be the best for me to equip.
      However, I was curious and wanted to see what it said for a friend's character, who is a Fire Mage. From my understanding, Crit is always king for Fire Mages, but the results showed the opposite, which is making me question Simcraft as a whole. Am I doing something wrong? Must something more be done than to import your character, select the type of fight you want, which plots you desire, etc.?
      Here is a link to the scaling results, labeled for convenience.

• By Maxillary
      I’m in the process of rerolling a tank. My question is: How do I know if I’m doing a good job?

I currently play a hunter and as a DPS the metrics that I use to judge my performance are fairly simple. If I’m consistently sitting in the top X percentile of DPS for my spec and gear; and sitting in at least the bottom half of the raid for damage taken, I can be relatively sure that I’m doing good DPS and doing the mechanics well too.

However, as a tank this falls apart. Damage taken and even damage mitigated are poor metrics because I need to know if I’m taking and avoiding/mitigating the right damage. For example, I may mitigate 95% of the total damage in a fight, but if the 5% that I don’t mitigate is the 5% that is vital to avoid then I have done a poor job. Damage taken is bad because I may only be sitting at the top of damage taken because I didn’t switch when I needed to, therefore taking unnecessary damage.

Staying alive is a poor metric too, just because I’ve stayed alive doesn’t mean that I’ve done a good job. What if I’m only alive because a healer needed to make the choice to keep me alive while I was taking excess damage and sacrifice one or more DPS in the process.

Keeping threat and tank switching etc at the right time is bad as well because there is more to tanking than just mechanics.

I’ve done some reading and apparently there is or was a ranking system for tanks in wowlogs. But after a long look I can’t find it and all the posts relating to this were over 12 months old, so I assume it’s been removed.

I’ve also spoken to our MT about this and his response was ‘I don’t know’. As someone who wants to preform at the highest level possible, I find it unacceptable to not be able to judge how I’m preforming relative to my past self (am I improving?) and other people in a similar position.

So, how do I judge if I’m doing a good job tanking and what areas need to be improved?