Damien

Heroes of the Storm Samuro

15 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Samuro guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note on the viability of these builds. I feel like the Harsh Winds build is very situational, just because of damage over time. If you are playing against ANYONE with damage over time (Lunara, obviously, but also Sylvanas, a Thrall with envenom, etc.) will completely lock down your ability to keep Wind Walk up if you are trying to gank, surprise your lane opponent etc., as the ticks of DoT will still reveal you even if you wind walked during the non-revealable period. For this reason, I think you should take Way of the Wind if you plan to take the Harsh Winds build against an aforementioned hero. I feel like, even still, the viability of the build can be cut down exponentially with even one of these heroes facing you. Just throwing this out there as a mediocre Samuro player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2016 at 6:33 PM, Niteshadow said:

Just a note on the viability of these builds. I feel like the Harsh Winds build is very situational, just because of damage over time. If you are playing against ANYONE with damage over time (Lunara, obviously, but also Sylvanas, a Thrall with envenom, etc.) will completely lock down your ability to keep Wind Walk up if you are trying to gank, surprise your lane opponent etc., as the ticks of DoT will still reveal you even if you wind walked during the non-revealable period. For this reason, I think you should take Way of the Wind if you plan to take the Harsh Winds build against an aforementioned hero. I feel like, even still, the viability of the build can be cut down exponentially with even one of these heroes facing you. Just throwing this out there as a mediocre Samuro player.

At level 13, I recommend you take Shukuchi. With this short teleport forward, you will be able to apply Harsh Winds within the 1 second period. Just walk toward your target, and wait until the teleport will result in you being in melee range. Remember that activating Mirror Image will remove Damage over Time effects from you, which can help you come out on top of a trade with these Heroes.

This being said, I do like Way of the Wind combined with One With The Wind. Unfortunately, I feel like in his current state that build offers too little damage most of the time. I hope they can find a way to increase the damage of his base kit, without making his damage Talents scale completely out of control. We will see :)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Straften said:

At level 13, I recommend you take Shukuchi. With this short teleport forward, you will be able to apply Harsh Winds within the 1 second period. Just walk toward your target, and wait until the teleport will result in you being in melee range. Remember that activating Mirror Image will remove Damage over Time effects from you, which can help you come out on top of a trade with these Heroes.

This being said, I do like Way of the Wind combined with One With The Wind. Unfortunately, I feel like in his current state that build offers too little damage most of the time. I hope they can find a way to increase the damage of his base kit, without making his damage Talents scale completely out of control. We will see :)

Good points. Can you also take a look at the Cho comments? Have some comments for you there :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Niteshadow said:

Good points. Can you also take a look at the Cho comments? Have some comments for you there :)

Oxygen actually writes the Cho guide, but I am sure he will get back to you as soon as he is able. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Straften said:

Oxygen actually writes the Cho guide, but I am sure he will get back to you as soon as he is able. 

It was something about good counters. I think you wrote the guide and @Blainie wasn't sure if my analysis was correct.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2016 at 3:14 PM, Niteshadow said:

It was something about good counters. I think you wrote the guide and @Blainie wasn't sure if my analysis was correct.

Looks like you got the answers you needed in both threads! Glad to see it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 3, 2016 at 0:07 AM, Blainie said:

Looks like you got the answers you needed in both threads! Glad to see it :)

Thanks for taking them into consideration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends the build you go for , this guy here is totally right. The short teleport is always the best way to go, its the best option for Samuro to escaped, disengaged , kill and even to engaged. I also would say in my opinion the only way I could see myself choosing the Images ulti would be in a QM or lobby trying to go for a Specialist/split push/ Samuro. Which I have been think about it and it sounds pretty interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Raz415 said:

How do you like Samuro on Haunted Mines? There lots of camps that you can easily steal.

I think the Hero is viable on Haunted Mines; however, more important than the map are the team compositions, and your level of comfort on Samuro.

I feel that the map has a deep floor for failure, and a high ceiling of potential success for Samuro; overall the map is average for him. His strengths here are clear, as he can safely collect skulls and Mercenary camps. You can often get away from a gank with Wind Walk, preventing what would have been a kill on most other Heroes caught alone in the Mines. He has high Boss dps, which will help your team collect the Boss skulls in a timely manner if the enemy team has been run off. Doing Mercenary camps is helpful, but skulls ultimately trump them in value. 

Where I think he can fail largely is on defense, as Samuro cannot safely apply dps to the Attacking Golem while the enemy team is pushing with it. You will have to either hope the enemy team slips up and allows you to deal some safe damage, or go do something else and abandon your team. Both options will result in frustration. The tight quarters in the Mines can also make it difficult to avoid AoE damage, which will reduce the defensive value of Illusions.

4 hours ago, Klovzz said:

It all depends the build you go for , this guy here is totally right. The short teleport is always the best way to go, its the best option for Samuro to escaped, disengaged , kill and even to engaged. I also would say in my opinion the only way I could see myself choosing the Images ulti would be in a QM or lobby trying to go for a Specialist/split push/ Samuro. Which I have been think about it and it sounds pretty interesting. 

Images has amazing potential that requires a great amount of concentration and practice to cultivate. I think your plan to get familiar with it in QM before taking it into Ranked is a good one. I would recommend keeping your mind open to the possibilities with Illusion Master as you experiment, because I have seen some mind bending plays pulled of with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the detailed reply! I absolutely love this hero, I bought it yesterday morning and I can't stop playing it in unranked draft! So far my unranked MMR went up by 250. People in platinum still aren't any good at noticing when you're missing and stealing their camps. It's absolutely hilarious to do the enemy knight camp immediately after the very first temple phase on Sky Temple and get away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2016 at 6:22 AM, Raz415 said:

Thank you so much for the detailed reply! I absolutely love this hero, I bought it yesterday morning and I can't stop playing it in unranked draft! So far my unranked MMR went up by 250. People in platinum still aren't any good at noticing when you're missing and stealing their camps. It's absolutely hilarious to do the enemy knight camp immediately after the very first temple phase on Sky Temple and get away with it.

Bit late saying this, but glad to see you got the help you needed so quickly :) If you have any other questions now or in the future, we're here to help :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samuro talent page is down at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Talent page down said:

Samuro talent page is down at the moment

Works fine for me. I am not aware of any outages either. Is it working for you now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      Senior Game Designer on Heroes of the Storm said Samuro's talents have a lot of issues right now and his AA build is outperforming other builds. A talent overhaul is coming, but not in the immediate future.
      Aiming for the patch after Garrosh? We'll see.
      TL;DR
      Current Issues & Skill Ceiling
      AA build outperforms other builds and the multiplicative synergy makes builds inflexible. Samuro currently has a variety of bugs and control issues related to Images that they hope to iron out. Samuro's "E" build is weak, but talent structure needs to change before they're able to buff it. Taking the more difficult talents should be at least a few % more effective than someone taking the AA talents. Blizzard doesn't want there to be a single optimal build in high-level play, but Samuro's an exception. Illusion Master gives him a high skill-ceiling that most players will never realistically reach and the team thinks his talent design isn't doing enough to reward players who strive to reach that ceiling. Other examples of high ceiling-rewarding for plays like Samuro's Illusion Master are Wizened Duelist on Greymane Snipe Master on Nova Locked and Loaded on Tracer Convection on Kael'thas Master's Touch on Medivh The spell feels too mandatory for Medivh and it's something they should improve. The general intent is that there can sometimes be talents that are risky to take and hard touse to their full potential, but players who rise to the challenge and succeed should be rewarded for doing so. On average, the hero's overall power should remain stable. "E" Build
      His "E" build was meant to be Samuro's slippery build and when evaluating talent power, they're taking mobility into account.  The build relies heavily on talents that are highly beneficial to his other builds, which prevents them from being easily buffed, which is why talents need to be re-structured to keep everything that's cool about the build now, while tuning the "E" build up to be a more competitive choice. Another thing is that the "E" build was viable when Samuro came out, but its core talents played a big role in inflating his other builds' win rates, so they (and Wind Walk itself) got nerfed. Stealth Hero Changes
      Blizzard's "planning" to change Stealth heroes and a shift toward utility is a potential direction, nothing's set in stone though. (Source)
    • By Stan

      Are you ready to answer the call of the True Horde? Garrosh will be debuting on July 27 at ChinaJoy!
      In addition to his debut, he will be hitting PTR (Public Test Realms) on July 31 and go live a week later as with every Hero. We're still waiting for an in-development video! Credits go to MVP Proenix00 for the tweet and redditor traxium11 for providing a translation! In the meantime, you can check out the following Garrosh Hellscream tribute!
    • By Stan

      It's that time of the week again and the free Hero rotation has been updated with new Heroes available for gameplay during the week of July 25.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: July 25, 2017
      Raynor Muradin Sonya Nazeebo Uther Jaina Diablo Cassia Zul'jin Leoric Zarya (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5) Brightwing (Slot unlocked at Player Level 10) Tracer (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15) Zeratul (Slot unlocked at Player Level 20)
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock PvP guide for Legion.
    • By Stan

      Blizzard brought up an upcoming change to Chen's trait. Fortifying Brew will grant 25 Brew immediately when Chen starts casting it and 30 Brew per second after that.
      The time to reach max Brew is still 2.5 seconds. Front-loading a portion of Brew should make Chen players feel less frustrated when interrupted.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in with an update here!

      As I mentioned before, while we aren't really looking to buff Chen, we feel like the Brew-related concerns you've brought up are valid. We agree that it feels bad to have your Trait interrupted when you're low on Brew, almost like a 5-second silence. With that in mind, I'm excited to share that we're going to modify Chen's Trait.

      In an upcoming patch, Fortifying Brew will change to grant 25 Brew immediately when Chen starts drinking, and then 30 Brew per second after that (down from 40). It will still take 2.5 seconds to reach max Brew just like before, but with a big chunk of that front-loaded it should be a lot less frustrating when you get interrupted early.

      This change is feeling really good in our playtests, and I think it'll be a big quality of life boost for the Brewmaster!

      Also, while we're not looking to make large-scale talent updates at this time, we really appreciate all the feedback that's been shared in this thread and will keep it in mind for potential future changes. Thanks again! =)