FORUMS
Damien

Budget Jade Druid Standard

Guest LinX

Tried this deck for 4 games and it is bad, slow and by the time i get to 9 mana i'm pretty much dead

1 hour ago, Guest LinX said:

Tried this deck for 4 games and it is bad, slow and by the time i get to 9 mana i'm pretty much dead

Could you please upload a replay? I don't major issues with aggro when playing this deck on NA. But yeah, this deck's win condition is in the late-game, though you still should be able to get results good enough for the deck not to be "bad", but rather "acceptable".

I like this deck, but lately I've been finding that Nourish is usually a dead card in my hand.

Are there swaps for Nourish or am I just playing Nourish wrong?

12 hours ago, chameshi said:

I like this deck, but lately I've been finding that Nourish is usually a dead card in my hand.

Are there swaps for Nourish or am I just playing Nourish wrong?

Any of the cards used in full budget version can be used. This means Aya BlackpawBrann BronzebeardAncient of WarFandral Staghelm or Emperor Thaurissan, though he works quite well with Nourish. You can also play one copy of Acidic Swamp Ooze and/or Violet Teacher.

• Like 1

Guest H3R03

Can't craft the giants and the raven idols but been testing around a lil and replaced them with ancient of wars and druid of the claws. It's so much fun to play!

I had this guy who was trying to employ a strategy to fatigue me and he in fact managed to get me out of cards and take a lil damage for it, but then i just played my auctioneer, then my jade idols, cleared his board and got my 'deck' filled up back to over 20 cards with only 1 drop > 10/10's. I wished I had filmed that because that would go down as a top 10 'That's when Jackson knew he fked up' in hearthstone ^_^

THanks for this great deck!

Guest H3R03

I was lucky enough to get Aya Blackpaw in a card pack :))

The setup with Druid of the Claws and Ancient of Wars didn't work out too well. I replaced them with the Aya, 2 ironbark protectors (with 8 attack they can clear minions like ragnaros) and an acidic swamp ooze. I was really struggling against setups with a strong weapon and I keep the ooze just to clear the weapon when it's really needed. I have some questions about the usage of some cards though:

Should feral rage primarily be used to clear minions or for the armor? Of course when opponent has a strong attack going, the extra armor can give you another turn to try to turn things around, but unlike the other cards that gives malf an attack, it doesn't give you the armor needed to not take damage from minions.

Should Nourish be used for its card drawing or for the mana crystals? I noticed that innervating into Nourish will often leave you without cards to play and in the matchups where I innervate into Jade Blossom and not use Nourish to draw cards, I seem to really struggle as I am forced to play whatever I draw.

I absolutely love the Gadgetzan Auctioneer and Jade Idol combination. If game really gets to the late stage and you can play an auctioneer that survives for a turn, you can cycle them like a mad man. Play the idol, get 3 cards shuffled into the deck and draw one = gg.

Still I feel like I really need the Raven Idol to provide solutions for specific situations. I will draw card packs from that series in hope to be able to craft them later.

Keep up the great work. This deck is so much fun!

27 minutes ago, Guest H3R03 said:

Should feral rage primarily be used to clear minions or for the armor? Of course when opponent has a strong attack going, the extra armor can give you another turn to try to turn things around, but unlike the other cards that gives malf an attack, it doesn't give you the armor needed to not take damage from minions.

This highly depends on your opponent's deck and the situation you are in. If you are playing against an aggro deck, you should almost always choose armor. Against control decks, you usually want the attack to clear a minion.
There are a lot of exceptions though. If you need to clear an important minion (such as Tunnel Trogg) against aggro and have enough health, you should choose the attack option. If you are near a victory in a control matchup, but your opponent has lethal, pick the armor. You will learn what to choose over time.

31 minutes ago, Guest H3R03 said:

Should Nourish be used for its card drawing or for the mana crystals? I noticed that innervating into Nourish will often leave you without cards to play and in the matchups where I innervate into Jade Blossom and not use Nourish to draw cards, I seem to really struggle as I am forced to play whatever I draw.

Against decks that can be taken by storm, mana is better. However, since there aren't that many decks in current meta that can be rushed down with this deck, card draw is better.

i got rly good results with 1 auctioneer>druid of the claw  giants>ancient of war and ragnaros, raven idols(playin on my arena acc so dont have adv.)> fandral and mulch. after rag and sylv dust refund i ll craft aya and swap rag with her.

Edited by ynhl

Guest Pr0Sp3c

I'm using Youthful Brewmaster and Coldlight Oracle instead of the giants and the raven idols. I was stuck on rank > 17 but now moving up fast. So much fun to use the brewmaster to accelerate the growth of the golems. Oracle brings additional carddraw in case you need it or in case your opponent holds to many cards. Brings a second wincondition: fatigue them :)

Great work on the article. Need to replace the Living Roots soon, since Grand Tournament will leave standard. Put the Brewmasters in their place. They make me smash any Jade Druid opponent, they give an additional body with decent stats against aggro and bring so much extra to the table :)

4 hours ago, asherpen said:

I don't think 7380 dust is a budget deck...

There was some misunderstanding when the deck was being made, which lead to this issue, where Budget Jade Druid simply used an older version of full budget Jade Druid (-1x Gadgetzan Auctioneer, +1x Ancient of War, which meant the budget deck was even more expensive). A fix has been submitted though, and should show up quite soon. Thanks for pointing it out!

What does Emerald Hive Queen do in this deck? Don't we try to ramp, both mana and golems, early game anyways. Is that a 'security measure' against aggro decks, if so, wouldn't Earthen Scales be better?

I look like I am complaining constantly, sorry about that too.

Edited by FanOfValeera

9 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

What does Emerald Hive Queen do in this deck? Don't we try to ramp, both mana and golems, early game anyways. Is that a 'security measure' against aggro decks, if so, wouldn't Earthen Scales be better?

I look like I am complaining constantly, sorry about that too.

With the absence of Raven Idol/Living roots, proactive turn 1 plays are limited.  It provides a strong turn 1 play, much like the old Zombie Chow and still performs reasonably against other decks.  While it can be quite a severe draw back, Druid is in quite a unique position as it wants to play spells to ramp on the following turns using Wild Growth and Jade Blossom, which are unaffected by the card.

Guest para

The updated budget deck is almost identical to the full budget deck. The description is also inconsistent (implies Fandral is not in the deck, but its there).

You probably wanted to list a different deck....

43 minutes ago, Guest para said:

The updated budget deck is almost identical to the full budget deck. The description is also inconsistent (implies Fandral is not in the deck, but its there).

You probably wanted to list a different deck....

Yes, an incorrect decklist was used, but it has been fixed.

4 hours ago, ButterMyToes said:

I suggest taking 2 Ironbark Protectors over Arcane Giants in this deck. I've never used Arcane as I'm an F2P player, but the taunt of Ironbark has saved me numerous times and I feel it would be worth the full 8 mana opposed to the discounted giants.

Arcane Giants are a powerhouse. If you play enough spells, which shouldn't be a major issue, you get to play them much earlier than Ironbark Protector, allowing you to kill your opponent somewhat quickly.

Guest Lobo

Swap for an F2P player who doesn't have access to Arcane Giant yet? 

Hey guys. I have tried to build this deck, and it seems like the only thing I am missing is the Arcane Giant, so I put in 2 ironbark protectors instead, just to start with. My problem is, when I try to enter a standard game, it says that my deck is a wild deck, which don't understand. I have thrown in a picture of my deck, so you guys can see if I did anything wrong.Udklip.thumb.PNG.7546c93b45d47cfe721222d8b2cac87f.PNG

1 hour ago, repsak2104 said:

Hey guys. I have tried to build this deck, and it seems like the only thing I am missing is the Arcane Giant, so I put in 2 ironbark protectors instead, just to start with. My problem is, when I try to enter a standard game, it says that my deck is a wild deck, which don't understand. I have thrown in a picture of my deck, so you guys can see if I did anything wrong.Udklip.thumb.PNG.7546c93b45d47cfe721222d8b2cac87f.PNG

Change the deck to standard, maybe it is in wild. There is no problem with the deck as it seems.

35 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Change the deck to standard, maybe it is in wild. There is no problem with the deck as it seems.

Ty mate, rookie mistake. Just came back after a long brake ;)