FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KingMe

Pull of the Day

1 hour ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I will probably start hoarding (except Goldens, cuz I don't care about them) once I have a viable deck that will help me make at least rank 5 every month.

I did the same thing. I used to dust paladin and druid cards because I thought I would never play them. Now as I already have a large-ish collection, I keep everything everything I have, except golden ones. 

After 5 losing streak trying to get my last win for the 10 gold win bonus, I opened this one pack and I felt my hard work was paid

Btw, new member here, hello to all icy veins members!

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-03-17 21.53.42.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Solde said:

After 5 losing streak trying to get my last win for the 10 gold win bonus, I opened this one pack and I felt my hard work was paid

Btw, new member here, hello to all icy veins members!

Welcome to Icy Veins! Very nice pull, thanks for sharing. :) 

This is, rarity-wise, the best pack I've ever opened. It makes a long dry spell of "4 commons + 1 rare" packs totally worth it. 

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-04-17 09.30.06.png

16 hours ago, Keizoku said:

This is, rarity-wise, the best pack I've ever opened. It makes a long dry spell of "4 commons + 1 rare" packs totally worth it. 

And it's full of decent cards......minus the Legendary *Coughs* Nice pull  :) 

I dusted the golden rare and crafted a regular copy, since that's what I do when I pull golden cards, but as pulls go, I was pretty happy with this one.

YiHIx.png

Hello people, I am new here (about a month playing hearthstone) . I have visited this site in the past for decklists and all. Seeing this threat i thought i have some serious bad luck because I had unlocked only 1 legendary till now in about 35-40 packs ; Bloodmage Thanos. But today BOO-YAH they reward me with such good cards (rarity-wise) that all my other cards would be lesser in value to them :) yup seriously. i opened 3 packs today. Although I don't know if these are good legendaries, I hope they are good :) What do u think ?

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-10-17 19.20.14.png

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-10-17 19.20.40.png

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-10-17 19.21.02.png

4 hours ago, CdtRT3881 said:

Hello people, I am new here (about a month playing hearthstone) . I have visited this site in the past for decklists and all. Seeing this threat i thought i have some serious bad luck because I had unlocked only 1 legendary till now in about 35-40 packs ; Bloodmage Thanos. But today BOO-YAH they reward me with such good cards (rarity-wise) that all my other cards would be lesser in value to them :) yup seriously. i opened 3 packs today. Although I don't know if these are good legendaries, I hope they are good :) What do u think ?

The Marsh Queen is just bad while Unite the Murlocs is not so bad. If you need a little dust I say dust The Marsh Queen but if you a lot of dust then I suggest dusting them both. Thanks for the share and welcome to Hearthstone. :) 

2 hours ago, KingMe said:

The Marsh Queen is just bad while Unite the Murlocs is not so bad. If you need a little dust I say dust The Marsh Queen but if you a lot of dust then I suggest dusting them both. Thanks for the share and welcome to Hearthstone. :) 

I don't think dusting quests is a good idea.

Because there will be 5 more adventures before these cards rotate out in 2 years. I assume there will be great support cards at some point, meaning both quests will be viable at some point. Even paladin and druid has a chance to shine with all the new cards.

Maybe @CdtRT3881 should look for other alternatives if a certain amount of dust is needed.

26 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

I don't think dusting quests is a good idea.

Because there will be 5 more adventures before these cards rotate out in 2 years. I assume there will be great support cards at some point, meaning both quests will be viable at some point. Even paladin and druid has a chance to shine with all the new cards.

Maybe @CdtRT3881 should look for other alternatives if a certain amount of dust is needed.

I agree that is why I kept mine but @CdtRT3881 is new to the game so I suggested dusting them to get the dust he/she needed to make the deck they would want to play. 

Btw ... Disenchanting. Sorry for being a bit off topic but I doubt my question is worth creating a new topic.

Why does Icy Veins not have a "Disenchanting Guide"? It would be helpful especially for newer players. When I started with HS I kept everything but I spent some time on thinking about the cards and found it best to dis. a lot of them. For a new player it can be tricky. E.g. when I started with HS I got Mindgames and I thought "wow a nice epic" and I got Ancient Watcher which I disenchanted. Getting a good deck when starting HS is not so easy (especially if you are F2P or don't want to spent too much money). To know which cards can be disenchanted safely and which not can really boost your decks.

1 hour ago, Caldyrvan said:

Btw ... Disenchanting. Sorry for being a bit off topic but I doubt my question is worth creating a new topic.

Why does Icy Veins not have a "Disenchanting Guide"? It would be helpful especially for newer players. When I started with HS I kept everything but I spent some time on thinking about the cards and found it best to dis. a lot of them. For a new player it can be tricky. E.g. when I started with HS I got Mindgames and I thought "wow a nice epic" and I got Ancient Watcher which I disenchanted. Getting a good deck when starting HS is not so easy (especially if you are F2P or don't want to spent too much money). To know which cards can be disenchanted safely and which not can really boost your decks.

Agreed, however, there are so many budget decks which new players can use. They can learn the game and rank up at the same time, relatively slowly, but steadily.

And the packs, given by the game as a progress rewards should be more than enough to make one or even two viable-ish deck.

For F2P players, biggest problem is definitely the existence of adventures, 2800 gold is not easy to accumulate. Blizzard decided to get rid of the adventures, which I think is good news. 

Some decks that I can definitely suggest; midrange hunter (Toast took this deck to legend, without any adventure cards), quest rogue (some variants are suprisingly cheap), a cheaper variants of jade druid and jade shaman (I tried these in NA, where I don't have many cards, they work well)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Disenchanting has a huge problem - there are multiple good ways to approach it. Some players want to play tier 1 decks only, and in order to reach them as fast as possible, they disenchant every single card that is not in those decks. 

There are also some players that disenchant all cards that do not "currently exist", which means they keep cards for tier 2+ decks. I believe this approach is most common, and maybe the best for newer players, as it is easy to research which cards are used in decks, such as on our site in card descriptions.

The third major group of players are players that keep (almost) all cards, hoping they would become viable in some future expansion. 

If we took the approach of one group when writing a disenchanting guide, the other two groups would argue it is not the correct way to approach disenchanting (as was seen with crafting guides when they were released). Angering parts of our user base is something we really do not want.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Agreed, however, there are so many budget decks which new players can use. They can learn the game and rank up at the same time, relatively slowly, but steadily.

And the packs, given by the game as a progress rewards should be more than enough to make one or even two viable-ish deck.

For F2P players, biggest problem is definitely the existence of adventures, 2800 gold is not easy to accumulate. Blizzard decided to get rid of the adventures, which I think is good news. 

Some decks that I can definitely suggest; midrange hunter (Toast took this deck to legend, without any adventure cards), quest rogue (some variants are suprisingly cheap), a cheaper variants of jade druid and jade shaman (I tried these in NA, where I don't have many cards, they work well)

I'm using a budget zoo warlock deck with one small change .. I removed one Flame Imp and tossed in the new Elise, because I lucked out and opened her in a pack - I actually have a pretty good winrate with this deck, and I'm happy with it until I can make a better deck to climb the ladder with .. for my dailies, I just throw together something pretty mediocre, but good enough to win, unless Tavern Brawl is a RNG based one, in which case I just use TB to get my daily quests.

Edited by SithLordOfSnark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

If we took the approach of one group when writing a disenchanting guide, the other two groups would argue it is not the correct way to approach disenchanting (as was seen with crafting guides when they were released). Angering parts of our user base is something we really do not want.

I understand your concern but I don't see a problem with that. Many (if not all) of your guides are written well and often explain different ways to play a deck, how to change things depending on opponent, class or situation. A Disenchanting guide could easily show different ways to disenchant as you described it. By now I'm not in the need of such a guide anymore but I thought it might help people who are new or have less time to think about it themselves. :)

Edited by Caldyrvan

56 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

I understand your concern but I don't see a problem with that. Many (if not all) of your guides are written well and often explain different ways to play a deck, how to change things depending on opponent, class or situation. A Disenchanting guide could easily show different ways to disenchant as you described it. By now I'm not in the need of such a guide anymore but I thought it might help people who are new or have less time to think about it themselves. :)

And if there is a change which makes some cards usefull (pirates) tons of players come whining and complaining: "But you said disentchant, give card back, u [insult]" (grammer errors are intendted^^)

I definitly wouldn't publish a disentchanting guide.

And if new players aren't sure if they should disentchant specific cards or not - well, they can always ask on this board.

A lot of things change and get changed here in guides and I think ppl insulting you (others) for some mistake are expendable imo :D

But I get your point. Even if it could help some players it's barely worth the effort/trouble :)

1 hour ago, Caldyrvan said:

A lot of things change and get changed here in guides and I think ppl insulting you (others) for some mistake are expendable imo :D

But I get your point. Even if it could help some players it's barely worth the effort/trouble :)

This was something that we had thought of in the past but we decided against it because It would require not only a lot of time to write out but a lot of time to keep up with as the meta changes as each set comes out. Some cards are good now but when things shift, who knows. And to top that all off you have wild to consider.

• Like 1

78 packs and this is the most exciting thing that I pulled. I am pretty happy with the card though. :D

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-26-17 18.02.55.png

2 hours ago, KingMe said:

78 packs and this is the most exciting thing that I pulled. I am pretty happy with the card though. :D

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-26-17 18.02.55.png

You just went on and bought the 60 packs for 18 bonus, right?

You couldn't stop yourself,

They are slowly turning us into pack-craving zombies.

All jokes aside, I think you should've waited until the next expansion hits, so that you don't open duplicate legendaries.

Unless, you have all of them already...

I wanted to say, if you have all legends the every one would give you just 400 dust, but if you have all of them I doubt you need dust to craft anything :D

2 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

All jokes aside, I think you should've waited until the next expansion hits, so that you don't open duplicate legendaries.

If I had the money, I would have bought the large package for Un'Goro, but I would have saved the packs until the expansion hits.

10 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

I'm missing I think 6 cards from Un'Goro but I bought the bundle mostly for dust and boredom. I was hoping to pull some golden versions of the cards I liked, Shadow Visions being one of the main ones, so all in all I was happy with the results. 

• Like 1

Got a 40-pack just after reading WedgeAntilles' theory ( https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/26732-opening-packs-a-theory/),looking for a personal point of view on that.

Results were non so bad,although i could expect different legendaries. The amount of dust was enough to craft most of the missing cards for the decks i am currently playing and i get to try some different quest decks shortly before the expansion hits.

So,first pack of the 40 i hit the Can i really win with an extra turn?

598a20c06011c_HearthstoneScreenshot08-08-1723_01_07.thumb.png.d1bed0d2e6547fff219e2bcfa290eb8e.png

Around the 20th, the one i have never won against...!598a216e9edea_HearthstoneScreenshot08-08-1723_04_36.thumb.png.260ae50cf7653916313ab84e2eb51459.png

And finally, just before the end of the pack,the highest rarity total in a pack i 've ever had!598a21c75ff18_HearthstoneScreenshot08-08-1723_05_30.thumb.png.d1f4547400c172eaa960ac4b870b8e6b.png

Sorry for the long post people!

• Like 1