FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KingMe

Pull of the Day

9 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

So sad I hate quests :D

Man,that pack must have been a smack in the jaw for you!But hey, 830 dust on a single pack is ABSOLUTELY not bad!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karayan7 said:

Man,that pack must have been a smack in the jaw for you!But hey, 830 dust on a single pack is ABSOLUTELY not bad!

Unless you really need dust, dont disenchant quests. They will stay in standard for about 2 more years and 4 more expansions. Chances are, they will be useful at some point.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Unless you really need dust, dont disenchant quests. They will stay in standard for about 2 more years and 4 more expansions. Chances are, they will be useful at some point.

Your advice is a good one, I guess, but I really hate this silly mechanic, I simply don't want to play (against) it.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Although what you say is true, in 2 years' time and 4 expansions a lot of new additions will be implemented in the meta so the game inevitably will shift more and more. Ofc this doesn't mean that quests will vanish but IMO players will try to adapt to the meta's changes by following the strongest trends (look what happened  with Jade and Token Druid after KFT). If this means that quests will seriously get back in the game,well...So be it!

As for dusting the quests,i guess it depends on the players' preferences and gameplay. 3 quests from Priest,Hunter and Paladin gave me the necessary gold for a core Legendary in another deck i use more.This mechanic didn't seem interesting and fair to me either so i hope the meta brings better surprises from now on!

Edited by Karayan7
  • Like 1

Double legendary of which one is golden. Bloodqueen blabla is one i wanted so bad for my lakkari quest. Lakkari is a little chaotic but a true joy to play. Lana appears to be so so and I concluded that I I'm not wealthy enough to craft bad 1600 dust cards. That made it a unreachable wannahave...and there it is! Alongside is Rotface that will summon random golden legendaries unto the screen. Yes not to my hand but straight into the battlefield. Gimme gimme ...

Thank you mr. Hearthstone!

Edit: Learning to write
Edit2: Exactly how rare is a 2060 dust pack?

Am I hall of fame for being an exceptional good packopener?

Or for being an exceptional goodlooking packopener maybe?

o O

Hearthstone Screenshot 09-26-17 04.00.05.png

Edited by Esthirel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Esthirel said:

Lakkari is a little chaotic but a true joy to play

Couldn't agree more!The only Warlock deck i like to play!Congrats on the double smack!

7 hours ago, Esthirel said:

Or for being an exceptional goodlooking packopener maybe?

New forum title: Very Exceptional at Opening Packs While Being Good Looking

Population: You

• Haha 1

Wow.

On my 39th pack I got another legendary card.

110 packs, 4 legendaries.  = 28 packs for one legendary.

(+ the one guaranteed for the first 10 packs (not included in the 110 packs) + the free legendary Death-Knight card)

Uther of the Ebon Blade

Archbishop Benedictus

Moorabi

Bloodreaver Gul'dan

Arfus

Prince Taldaram

5 out of the 6 cards are complete trash, and I have not encountered any of them in a single game.

One card is a realy good one.

Did anyone manage to get a worse draw?

I seriously doubt it...

4 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Wow.

On my 39th pack I got another legendary card.

110 packs, 4 legendaries.  = 28 packs for one legendary.

(+ the one guaranteed for the first 10 packs (not included in the 110 packs) + the free legendary Death-Knight card)

Uther of the Ebon Blade

Archbishop Benedictus

Moorabi

Bloodreaver Gul'dan

Arfus

Prince Taldaram

5 out of the 6 cards are complete trash, and I have not encountered any of them in a single game.

One card is a realy good one.

Did anyone manage to get a worse draw?

I seriously doubt it...

5 out of 6? That's not true. And 'complete trash' is a harsh statement at best

I guess the other card you mentioned is Bloodreaver Gul'dan. While it sees more play than the rest, Uther of the Ebon Blade is a great addition for control paladin lists, it was the first card I crafted from this set, and it has been pretty useful. Also, it is working great against infamous priest decks as additional healing+damage later in the game, I think control paladin as a whole works well.

Of course you might not like control paladin, then yeah, card has no use outside of it.

Arfus is a nice value card for N'Zoth, the Corruptor decks, thinking most high value deathrattles are wild now; Piloted ShredderSludge Belcher, and Sylvanas Windrunner for example. This makes cards like Arfus and Bone Drake (this is one of my favourite cards from this set so far) good additions for deathrattle-oriented value decks.

Again, you might not like playing these kind of decks, then yes, those cards are not useful for you.

• Like 1

I have played more then 300 ranked games since the new expansion.

And I haven't had a single game in which the opponent played one of the 5 legendaries. Not a single one.

I have encountered every Deathknight very often - but not a single time Uther.

And I don't find a single deck that runs him too.

I encountered a few N'Zoth, the Corruptor decks, no one played Arufs.

-> IMO a card that 99% of all players don't use is trash.

Or the other way round: If that doesn't label a card as trash, then what does?

Edit: Clarification: I don't rate a card as trash just because I don't play it. I have never played Guldan, because I have never played Warlock (I haven't even a deck...).

Nevertheless, the card is definitly a great one. Guldan is played very often, most Warlock decks use him.

That I never played him doesn't change that.

I call cards trash if they seem to be extremly weak and if you never see anybody who uses them in ranked games.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

I have played more then 300 ranked games since the new expansion.

300 games is a small number of games. I played around 500 and feel like I haven't played at all. I have seen all legendaries you listed, though Moorabi and Prince Taldaram only once. Arfus is great in N'Zoth decks, especially warrior, Uther of the Ebon Blade in control paladins and exodia paladins, Archbishop Benedictus in fatigue (though those are somewhat rare) and control priests, and Bloodreaver Gul'dan in hand/demonlocks and control warlocks overall.

OK, it seems I stand corrected.

Just one question - if these cards are good, why is there next to no deck in your (quite huge!) deck-lists that uses them?

I found around 15 decks that include N'Zoth, the Corruptor

And only 3 of them use Arfus That is just every fifth deck that makes use of the Deathrattle mechanic. For a great card that number seems incredible low.

And I haven't found Uther at all.

Maybe I am blind and I have overlooked something.

Edit: It just occured to me, that the solution to the Arfus-mysterium seems totally obvious: The card is very new and most N'Zoth decks date back quite a time. Probably quite a lot of them have not been updated and that's why CAN'T contain Arfus.

My mistake. That shifts him in the "useful" categorie.

Edited by Guest

The same goes for paladin - the decks that would include Uther of the Ebon Blade haven't been updated yet (except for the Zoth pally, which does include DK Uther). I asked Pesty to update the control standard paladin deck. She also told me an exodia paladin will be coming for sure. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Wanted to try the new brawl to see if it is worse than Crossroads or variations of the brawl, but it turns out it is about as bad as the Medivh portals one. Anyway, the pack I got was pretty sweet.

image.pngr

• Like 1

Uhm, whats happening with my pack luck lately? This is from Brawl, and it leaves me with only 5 legendaries to obtain from classic set

Hearthstone Screenshot 08-08-18 23.51.20.png

So, I've opened 73 packs in 2 days, and got 8 legendaries, 2 of which is golden.

Edited by FanOfValeera
  • Like 1

Great pack, but I don't get the use of the legendary card. Maybe with some totally weird Deathrattledeck. But I doubt there will be a good deck which uses this card.

I was extremly lucky this expansion - something like 60 packs and 4 legendaries. And quite a lot of epics too.
I don't have the exact figues at the moment, but it definitly was the expansion with the most luck ever.

Now I am curious if there will be a viable deck with the legendaries, atm I don't see anyone of them in play.

Hearthstone Screenshot 08-07-18 19.58.26.png

Edited by Guest

So when I saw the newest bundle available to purchase in the Hearthstone store that would give me two random Darkmoon Faire Legendaries and 35 Darkmoon Faire packs, it was a package deal I couldn't let fall by the wayside. 

So I forked out the $29.99 to purchase the bundle and here are the Legendaries I got. So stoked.

cafbb1e9523826b7468618f194c8ff724610b2b85b3352b5c8c67c69593cebdf.png

ETC-God-of-Metal-Card-768x663.png

931de18d26a802890f70557b1d82f047d3c526859c016089d8638f06debbec8f.png

• Like 1