FORUMS
Damien

Aggro Jade Shaman (No Doomhammer) Standard

7 hours ago, KingMe said:

I'm currently running this deck and for once I'm enjoying an Aggro deck. My current changes are: -1 Flamewreathed Faceless +1 Lightning Storm. I made the switch to help counter the other Shamans I am facing where Maelstrom Portal isn't enough on it own.  

The change seems fair enough. Have you considered experimenting with swapping out different cards to see if it works better?

Guest SpookyWolf

I've heard of people swapping Aya for a Drake, currently having to do this because I don't have Aya yet. I'm not really feeling like she would add a lot, should I still get her ASAP?

11 hours ago, Guest SpookyWolf said:

I've heard of people swapping Aya for a Drake, currently having to do this because I don't have Aya yet. I'm not really feeling like she would add a lot, should I still get her ASAP?

She can be used in the best druid deck and one of the best shaman decks, so she definitely is not wasted dust. Crafting her is a good idea if you have all core cards for other decks you want.

Guest ThisRandomGuy

On 12/14/2016 at 5:31 PM, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our Aggro Jade Shaman (No Doomhammer) Gadgetzan Standard Deck.

Hello all I have some questions about this deck and mostly the game in general as it pertains to my terrible streak I seem to be having. 

Here are my questions!

1) Is this deck really viable or is it required to trade out some cards in order to play above rank 16 with it? I am currently at rank 14 and I cannot win with this deck EVER. I don't think it is my mana usage it is the fact that this has no draw at all. I lose because I get the cards out that I can in a great order every turn but the opponent always (ALWAYS) draws every single possible card needed to counter what I am doing EVERY time. It's rediculous. Then after they perfectly combo me I am left top decking while they somehow still have at least 5 cards in hand. And that is every match for the last 20 matches in a row. I was at rank 10!

2) Am I missing something in the reasoning for the pirates? I mean don't get me wrong doing 1 damage turn 1 and getting 2 creatures out is nice but that Is all i ever get. The two creatures both die on my opponents turn before I can even get the one pirate up to 3 damage. It is just frustrating. 

3) If the deck is for some reason not viable at all why even put it up there? Or say it is a blueprint and not viable deck. I go around many websites looking at all the decks people say are the top meta and the best in top tiers and whatever else and they are all liars because all those decks suck. If someone  says they got to legendary easily with a certain deck they are either lying or they played against someone like me every single time. 

4) Am i missing something? My dream is to become a player like Kripp or any other that hits legendary every month on twitch. I set a goal that as soon as I hit legendary I would purchase a twitch account and become either loved by few or hated by thousands who keep coming back to laugh at me. I want to become not great but fantastic at this game. I watch those pros play on the tournaments and I can call what combos they are going to play next by what is in their hand which is good enough for them to be there but for some reason I just can't get to that point. 

Anyways I know this is long winded sorry about that I am not one to shorten things. When I shorten things it comes out incredibly rude for some reason lol. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for reading this if you did and if you didn't read this then I don't actually blame you lol.

28 minutes ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:

1) Is this deck really viable or is it required to trade out some cards in order to play above rank 16 with it? I am currently at rank 14 and I cannot win with this deck EVER. I don't think it is my mana usage it is the fact that this has no draw at all. I lose because I get the cards out that I can in a great order every turn but the opponent always (ALWAYS) draws every single possible card needed to counter what I am doing EVERY time. It's rediculous. Then after they perfectly combo me I am left top decking while they somehow still have at least 5 cards in hand. And that is every match for the last 20 matches in a row. I was at rank 10!

This deck is one of the most powerful decks in the game and is used to reach legend by many players. This deck should absolutely be able to get you to legend.
A friend of mine is sitting with the deck at rank 2 currently, so even if it was unable to get you to legend (which it is), it is able to get you at least to rank 2.

29 minutes ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:

2) Am I missing something in the reasoning for the pirates? I mean don't get me wrong doing 1 damage turn 1 and getting 2 creatures out is nice but that Is all i ever get. The two creatures both die on my opponents turn before I can even get the one pirate up to 3 damage. It is just frustrating. 

The pirates improve your early-game significantly. Even though a 1/1 with charge may seem unimportant, the exact opposite is true. It's a card that can flip the early gave very easily, from losing to winning. It also slims your deck, making it easier to draw what you need.

37 minutes ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:

3) If the deck is for some reason not viable at all why even put it up there? Or say it is a blueprint and not viable deck. I go around many websites looking at all the decks people say are the top meta and the best in top tiers and whatever else and they are all liars because all those decks suck. If someone  says they got to legendary easily with a certain deck they are either lying or they played against someone like me every single time. 

We actually put disclaimers on (semi)casual decks, such as the Jade Token Druid  - " It [Token Druid] has been seen less in recent times than previously, due to the sheer strength in depth the class now has. This means that there are often more powerful decks available for people wishing to play Druid. "
But Jade Face Shaman is actually the best deck in the game, taking #1 on Tempo Storm's Meta Snapshot, and being #1 deck by winrate on every single rank.

43 minutes ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:

4) Am i missing something? My dream is to become a player like Kripp or any other that hits legendary every month on twitch. I set a goal that as soon as I hit legendary I would purchase a twitch account and become either loved by few or hated by thousands who keep coming back to laugh at me. I want to become not great but fantastic at this game. I watch those pros play on the tournaments and I can call what combos they are going to play next by what is in their hand which is good enough for them to be there but for some reason I just can't get to that point.

First, read the guide for this deck if you haven't already. You can just upload a few replays (one does not cut it) so we can see what you're doing wrong.

Guest ThisRandomGuy
1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

You can just upload a few replays (one does not cut it) so we can see what you're doing wrong.

All right here are 5 matches I just did and recorded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you for taking the time to talk to me. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/VDQ6NBP8BN4c6fUB6feG75

This time I played against a priest. I rarely see a priest but it did show one of the main problems with an aggro deck. As soon as a taunt creature came out it was over. The kill combo I was saving up went down the drain in order to get rid of the taunt and then I was top decking to oblivion. Happens everytime a taunt comes out. I want to point out I do not have bloodmage thalnos instead I put in Leeroy.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/BiGxGrL2F62Var84qAzUtN

This one was against a druid who just wrecked me with so many taunts. I got him down to 2 health but he put out taunts and gained 8 armor all in one move. It seems the way everyone wins is to draw so much they get close to decking out just in order to draw every single freaking taunt card possible because this deck has no board clear. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/6bEabr5C8KWw8eQUQUupUS

Again druid and again rediculous amount of taunts wins everytime because there is no clear in all the aggro decks ever made. Its you kill them before turn 5 or you lose. I know that might be a bit blown out of proportion but it is what it feels like. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/BFk5JHsvspUSeocKA2YLHZ

This one was just strange. I know I made a huge mistake when I didnt use the lightning to do 3 damage to the taunt therefore saving all 3 creatures on the field. In my opinion this guy surrendered prematurely. He would have won probably because of that distinct screw up of math on my part. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/P3tnySZ9jBfs5PvyjiBCdD

Another premature surrender. I am afraid these are not the greatest examples to give you lol but it is bed time after all. 

5 hours ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:
Spoiler

All right here are 5 matches I just did and recorded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you for taking the time to talk to me. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/VDQ6NBP8BN4c6fUB6feG75

This time I played against a priest. I rarely see a priest but it did show one of the main problems with an aggro deck. As soon as a taunt creature came out it was over. The kill combo I was saving up went down the drain in order to get rid of the taunt and then I was top decking to oblivion. Happens everytime a taunt comes out. I want to point out I do not have bloodmage thalnos instead I put in Leeroy.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/BiGxGrL2F62Var84qAzUtN

This one was against a druid who just wrecked me with so many taunts. I got him down to 2 health but he put out taunts and gained 8 armor all in one move. It seems the way everyone wins is to draw so much they get close to decking out just in order to draw every single freaking taunt card possible because this deck has no board clear. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/6bEabr5C8KWw8eQUQUupUS

Its you kill them before turn 5 or you lose. I know that might be a bit blown out of proportion but it is what it feels like. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/BFk5JHsvspUSeocKA2YLHZ

This one was just strange. I know I made a huge mistake when I didnt use the lightning to do 3 damage to the taunt therefore saving all 3 creatures on the field. In my opinion this guy surrendered prematurely. He would have won probably because of that distinct screw up of math on my part. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/P3tnySZ9jBfs5PvyjiBCdD

Another premature surrender. I am afraid these are not the greatest examples to give you lol but it is bed time after all. 

1) Alternative play for turn 3 would be rolling totem so you can play the 7/7 on the following turn. Turn six was too late. I would say that this cost you the game.
2) Turn 4 was very suboptimal. You got rid of your Spirit Claws for a 1/1 on the board - playing Feral Spirit would protect your board and would buff your Tunnel Trogg
You chose the worst hero power you were offered. This is simply unacceptable.
Turn 6 was very bad as well. Playing the Feral Spirit first would buff your Tunnel Trogg to 6, giving you an easy trade. You got punished for it super hard. 
3) I don't see why you wouldn't keep Lightning Bolt
Lava Burst the 2/5 was too extreme and only slowed you down. Besides, you wasted a good resource. 
Turn 6 was awful. You had a few options - rolling the totem for Lightning Bolt value was one of them. If you got Wrath of Air Totem, you would have used Lightning Bolt and gg, easy clear. If not, you could have played either Feral Spirit, or, two more options, you could have played Flametongue Totem + Southsea Deckhand, like you did, but trading with the Southsea Deckhand was better. You did the worst possible thing, and that is destroying your weapon, not using the Southsea Deckhand charge and in result wasting 4 damage. 

Okay, so, when I said I wanted more, that was because it sometimes happens that a player has bad luck. However, this is clearly not the case.
Now, to respond to your statements:

Again druid and again rediculous amount of taunts wins everytime because there is no clear in all the aggro decks ever made.

Firstly, you got punished for playing horrendously bad. Secondly, there is clear in the deck, but you wasted it within the first few turns of the game.

this deck has no board clear. 

That's because it does not need the board clears. You push damage, you win before you need board clears. Only exception are decks which can push damage faster, but you have Maelstrom Portal for that.

8 hours ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:

If someone  says they got to legendary easily with a certain deck they are either lying or they played against someone like me every single time. 

With retrospective after seeing your replays - If I played against someone like you every time, I would reach legend with C'thun hunter. 

8 hours ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:

I want to become not great but fantastic at this game.

You still have a long way to go. That's okay, a lot of players do, but those players do not blame the deck or the deck's authors for their own faults. You blame us and our authors (actual pro players) and the deck they have made, but the issue is in you.
You need to accept that and try to get better at the game, instead of finding more excuses as to why you have not reached the Legendary rank yet - again, not the deck's fault, not the meta's fault, but your own.

I started this deck yesterday (one small change: I run only 1 Maelstrom Portal and 1 Azure Drake instead. If you run into lot's of aggro decks this switch isn't a good one, but with other decks I found Azure Drake an amazing card - +1 to all your damage spells, +1 card, activation of Spirit Claws )

I only played a few games and got from rank 10 to rank 8. Winrate was 15:8. Not great (but I dont think I am a great player, meaning a realy good player would have gotten better stats), but it is obviously possible to get far with this deck.

Guest ThisRandomGuy
3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

You blame us and our authors (actual pro players) and the deck they have made, but the issue is in you.

.....wow straight to the point and not wrong either. Thank you for the honest truth I actually do appreciate that and all your info on my matches that you watched. This has all been very helpful actually. I try not not to blame anyone but I always sound that way. Right now I have gone from rank 10 to rank 16 and I think the first thing I need to fix is my atitude about the deck. Then I need to fix my gameplay strategy. I think I have been playing this too much like pirate warrior which is what got me to rank 10. Sadly as soon as I hit rank 10 everyone new how to counter pirate warrior. Lots of taunts as quick as possible. I am pretty sure that this deck is as good as you all have said it is I mean I am kinda outnumbered on that front lol. That leaves the fault definitely with me. I may come back on to have more of my games checked out at some point but until then thanks again I really do appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Made it to rank 5 for the first time with (mostly) this deck (missing Aya, experimented with a couple substitutes). Thanks.

With excellent timing, I hit a couple win streaks to get to 5 the day before the patch. Not sure yet exactly how much weaker this deck is now with the nerfs, but I am definitely feeling it.