FORUMS

57 minutes ago, Guest Rumor said:

Any spot for Prince Malchezaar in this deck?

Maybe Elise Starseeker would be better because Malchezaar just shuffles random legendaries which can screw up your draw ..

54 minutes ago, Guest bobcat said:

Played 3 times against a pirate warrior. I was dead on turn 7, 6, 6.

That's the meta ...

1 hour ago, Guest bobcat said:

Played 3 times against a pirate warrior. I was dead on turn 7, 6, 6.

If you're meeting a lot of pirate warriors, maybe you should try a deck that counters them, or just tech cards to counter them.

Guest bobcat
2 hours ago, peekaboo said:

That's the meta ...

Guess so. I scored 3 out of 30 with this deck. With almost 90% of opponents being either pirate warrior or some warlock.

Guest Monk80

Any advice how to beat a golem deck? No matter what you remove, they keep dropping even more and bigger minions.

58 minutes ago, Guest Monk80 said:

Any advice how to beat a golem deck? No matter what you remove, they keep dropping even more and bigger minions.

Sadly, Jade decks are a very good counter to regular control warrior. You have to play more aggressively and try not to stay in the late-game for too long - pretty much the opposite of what you should do against aggro or midrange decks.

Guest Peeweedee

What exactly does this deck "control"?

It gets mostly overrun by non-stop pressure decks. It doesnt stand a chance against all those freakin golem decks. And any late endgame it loses due to lack of finishers like lord jaraxxus, reno, havy damage spells etc. It works only against a very limited amount of decks.

1 hour ago, Guest Peeweedee said:

What exactly does this deck "control"?

It gets mostly overrun by non-stop pressure decks. It doesnt stand a chance against all those freakin golem decks. And any late endgame it loses due to lack of finishers like lord jaraxxus, reno, havy damage spells etc. It works only against a very limited amount of decks.

This deck is much trickier to play than other control warrior decks (such as N'Zoth warrior) and you need to know exactly what you are doing. Could you please upload a few replays so we can pinpoint where the issue lies?

Guest Fahlen

I'm on a win streak from rank 15 to rank 7 with this game. Not a single loss. I literally stomp pirate warriors and aggro shamans. Only match that was rather close was vs dragon priest, but Ysera really countered him. So I guess there's different experiences

Due to the presence of other powerful Control decks in the meta however, you do need some late-game power to be able to compete with them, which is where Ragnaros the Firelord and Ysera come into play.

I think Ragnaros doesn't belong here any more? ;)

2 hours ago, schnabelchen said:

I think Ragnaros doesn't belong here any more? ;)

Thanks for pointing this out, it'll be fixed soon, hopefully.

Guest Roger

Either i am very very bad (usually, i am not) or this deck is just unplayable.

Called "control" but gets overrun by, uh, kinda everything.

1 hour ago, Guest Roger said:

Either i am very very bad (usually, i am not) or this deck is just unplayable.

Called "control" but gets overrun by, uh, kinda everything.

I've seen this deck in action and I can assure you that it preforms very well. What exactly are you getting overran by? 

• Like 1

Guest Boom78

Play this deck if you want do be dead before turn 10.

Pirates, shammies, most hunters, most locks punch your face usually.

Please remove it from the deck list.

1 hour ago, Guest Boom78 said:

Play this deck if you want do be dead before turn 10.

Pirates, shammies, most hunters, most locks punch your face usually.

Please remove it from the deck list.

This deck was tested and worked fine. I played it a bit myself as well and won more games than lost, so I'd say the fault is somewhere else. Could you upload a few replays?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

This deck was tested and worked fine. I played it a bit myself as well and won more games than lost, so I'd say the fault is somewhere else. Could you upload a few replays?

Agreed, I have a positive win rate with mine as well. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Boom78
On ‎13‎-‎8‎-‎2017 at 9:05 PM, KingMe said:

Agreed, I have a positive win rate with mine as well. 

Then just explain me how to beat a shammy, that has 5+ minions from turn 3/4 and ever after, does his transform (either his own minions or yours), and finishes you off on turn 7/8 with his "give minions 3 attack".

Guest Ruslav

Struggling against hunters with all their zombiebeasts. Suggestions? 

6 hours ago, Guest Ruslav said:

Struggling against hunters with all their zombiebeasts. Suggestions? 

Hunters are usually a bad matchup for warriors. As for Deathstalker Rexxar hunter decks, you will have to recognise (or guess) which version they are using - faster, slower, with N'Zoth, the Corruptor, so on. You will then need to adjust your game plan accordingly. Against slower and N'Zoth, the Corruptor, you want to be the one with bigger board at almost all times. Against faster variations, you want to start playing aggressively as soon as you stabilise. It takes a lot of experience, and I would recommend playing a different deck if you are facing a lot of hunters.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:52 AM, Guest Boom78 said:

Then just explain me how to beat a shammy, that has 5+ minions from turn 3/4 and ever after, does his transform (either his own minions or yours), and finishes you off on turn 7/8 with his "give minions 3 attack".

Control Warrior has plenty of removal; BrawlWhirlwind/Ravaging Ghoul + Sleep with the FishesExecuteSlamShield Slam and Fiery War Axe, all of which can be played before turn 6. The trick to beating them it to keep their field contained. You also have Shield BlockAlley ArmorsmithArmorsmith and your hero power to give you life. You are not going to win them all but once you work out when to play everything your winrate should be above 50%. Last time I ran Control Warrior I had a 60%+ Winrate against Shaman. 

Guest Boom78
18 hours ago, KingMe said:

Control Warrior has plenty of removal; BrawlWhirlwind/Ravaging Ghoul + Sleep with the FishesExecuteSlamShield Slam and Fiery War Axe, all of which can be played before turn 6. The trick to beating them it to keep their field contained. You also have Shield BlockAlley ArmorsmithArmorsmith and your hero power to give you life. You are not going to win them all but once you work out when to play everything your winrate should be above 50%. Last time I ran Control Warrior I had a 60%+ Winrate against Shaman. 

This deck simply runs out of removals against all the classes that can put endless amounts of minions, like shammies, zombiehunters, locks with portals and new hero, etc.

1 hour ago, Guest Boom78 said:

This deck simply runs out of removals against all the classes that can put endless amounts of minions, like shammies, zombiehunters, locks with portals and new hero, etc.

Most important thing when playing control warrior is, proper use of removal.

If you play against a warlock, save one Brawl for the moment Warlock DK hits the board. 

Playing against Shaman, same card can be used to get rid of two waves of Doppelgangster + Evolve.

Also, playing control warrior requires a proper knowledge of meta. Save Execute and Shield Slam for bigger targets.

For the hunter matchup, don't be too hard on yourself, it is a tough matchup.

• Like 2