Damien

Heroes of the Storm Zul'jin

10 posts in this topic

Zul'Jin is my first day-one purchase; been loving this guy so far! Pretty solid first pass at the guide I'd say, no major complaints with your picks.

a couple talents i'm hoping will be upgraded to at least a "situational" (if not an outright "suggested" status) once you've had some time to play with the guy and finalize this guide:

-headhunter at 4 deserves at least a "situational." though giving up Let the Killing Begin is a big ask, the global enemy vision is completely nuts in certain situations- as a counter to certain heroes and on certain maps, this is a game-winning ability.

-Vicious Assault at 7 is absolutely bonkers, and in many situations allows you to chain Qs infinitely (which deal damage of their own, in addition to the 50% bonus to all your attacks on a target.) recklessness is great, but with many team comps it can be dangerous to rely to heavily on the "fight at low health and live with my ult" plan, and this talent gives you really incredible damage at any health. it also *almost* makes boneslicer worth it at lvl 1 (not quite though, you want axe is a must right now imo). Lastly, it can give the level 13 Eye of Zul'jin speed buff *almost* 100% uptime.

-Forest medicine at 13 is a decent situational defensive talent if you find that the enemy is incapable of diving you. it often allows you to sneak in self healing in the middle of a fight without slowing down your damage and with less loss of positioning. One trick i've done is to pop it while i'm chasing someone down in order to bait them into turning around to break the heal. That said, i'm least convinced on this one, as the other two talents at this level are also very strong.

1 person likes this

Hey Voltorocks!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely feeling out how his game play settles over the next few weeks to see what ends up being best in terms of talent selection. And you're absolutely right, I'm already getting the inclination that some talents are definitely going to be headed towards a "situation" if not "recommended pick". Thanks again for the kind words and your thoughts!

-MK

Although Taz'dingo is definitely superior to Guillotine, I think the later can work really well if the opposing team has a lot of ranged attackers and a meaty anti-dive tank. The damage is absurd with the right setup.

3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Although Taz'dingo is definitely superior to Guillotine, I think the later can work really well if the opposing team has a lot of ranged attackers and a meaty anti-dive tank. The damage is absurd with the right setup.

picking it a lot in quick match and team league (where I primarily Q with friends so I know i can coordinate with my healer) and it's a bunch of fun. love throwing it back over a gate after a close chase and watching it chunk someone from almost half health :D

in Hero league, prolly best to stick to Taz'dingo but guillotine can serve a cool role for sure

I think something should be said for the synergy between Vicious Assault and Eye of Zul'jin. I generally take the two whenever I need more kiting and chasing. 

On 1/9/2017 at 4:10 AM, Guest KiraKusai said:

I think something should be said for the synergy between Vicious Assault and Eye of Zul'jin. I generally take the two whenever I need more kiting and chasing. 

Do you feel like you miss the damage from not taking Reck on Level 7?

Best in my opinion is 1s pick for Q. If one hero you hit moves out of the way, the fact that you hit lie 5 (instead of 1 or 2) makes for way for targets. Also allows for rapid merc/lane clearing, making him all-around useful.

1 person likes this

On 1/30/2017 at 9:23 AM, Guest Dingo said:

Best in my opinion is 1s pick for Q. If one hero you hit moves out of the way, the fact that you hit lie 5 (instead of 1 or 2) makes for way for targets. Also allows for rapid merc/lane clearing, making him all-around useful.

Don't you feel the effect of missing all that bonus auto damage later into the game though? I would assume the longer the game, the worse this talent choice gets, no?

About the Taz'Dingo vs Guill. Taz'Dingo has one major flaw, it can't be activated if you are stunned or silenced. And usually you are using it when you are being attacked. If enemy team have a lot of stuns/silences, then, when they start to attack you, you will likely to be stunned/silenced and will die before you will have any chance of activating it, so you are forced to stay back anyway. In such cases, Guill seems like a better idea. It has great range and low cooldown, so you may surprise your enemy while their taking a tower, gathering tribute etc.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

The fifth episode of HGC Highlights is here covering the most interesting moments of Week #5.
      We also posted spoiler-free recaps with VODs yesterday, links can be found below.
      HGC #Week 5 Recap (NA/Europe) HGC #Week 3 Recap (Korea) Enjoying the series? Don't forget to check out Kendric's YouTube channel.
      Missed an Episode? Don't Worry!
      Links to previous episodes of HGC Highlights
      Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4
    • By Stan

The third week of HGC 2017 Korea is over and last games of Phase 1 will be played soon. 
      Spoiler-Free Overview (Week #3)
      Our spoiler free overview doesn't show match results or current standings and only contains VODs. For match results and current standings, click the "Reveal Hidden Contents" button at the end of this article.
      Links of Interest
      Below you can find a list of our previous recaps and Kendric's HGC Highlights.
      HGC Week 1 Recap HGC Week 1 Highlights HGC Week 2 Recap HGC Week 2 Highlights HGC Week 3 Recap // HGC Korea Week 1 Recap HGC Week 3 Highlights HGC Week 4 Recap HGC Week 4 Highlights HGC Week 5 Recap HGC Korea 2017 (Week #3)
      February 17 (Friday)
      10:00 AM Raven ?:? Team BlossoM VOD 12:00 PM GG ?:? MVP Black VOD February 18 (Saturday)
      10:00 AM L5 ?:? Tempest VOD 12:00 PM MVP Black ?:? Mighty VOD February 19 (Sunday)
      10:00 AM Team Blossom ?:? GG TBA 12:00 PM Raven ?:? MVP Miracle TBA Spoiler Overview (Week #3)
      Click the spoiler tag to reveal match results, current standings and VODs from HGC Korea Week #3.
    • By Stan

Phase 1 ended for both NA / Europe and top 3 teams will be attending the Western Clash in Katowice (PL) scheduled for March 3 - 5 with a prize pool of $100,000 USD.
      Spoiler-Free Overview (Week #5)
      Our spoiler free overview doesn't display match results or current standings and only contains VODs. Click the spoiler button below to show match results and current standings.
      Links of Interest
      HGC Week 1 Recap HGC Week 1 Highlights HGC Week 2 Recap HGC Week 2 Highlights HGC Week 3 Recap // HGC Korea Week 1 Recap HGC Week 3 Highlights HGC Korea Week 2 Recap HGC Week 4 Highlights HGC Korea Week 3 Recap HGC North America 2017 (Week #5)
      February 13 (Monday)
      1:30 AM Team Freedom ?:? No Tomorrow VOD February 17 (Friday)
      11:00 AM No Tomorrow ?:? Gale Force eSports VOD February 18 (Saturday)
      1:30 AM B-Step ?:? Team Naventic VOD 11:00 PM Tempo Storm ?:? Superstars VOD February 19 (Sunday)
      12:30 PM Team Freedom ?:? Team 8 VOD HGC Europe 2017 (Week #5)
      February 17 (Friday)
      6:00 PM Playing Ducks ?:? Fnatic VOD 8:30 PM Tricked esport ?:? Misfits VOD February 18 (Saturday)
      6:00 PM Team Dignitas ?:? beGenius VOD 8:30 PM Synergy ?:? Team expert VOD Spoiler Overview (Week #5)
      Click the "Reveal Hidden Contents" button to reveal additional information such as match results, current standings from HGC Week #5.
    • By Stan

The 2nd week of HGC Korea is over and we've got the highlights. Our recap contains no spoilers and match results along with current standings can be toggled at will.
      Spoiler-Free Overview (Week #2)
      Our spoiler free overview doesn't show match results or current standings and only contains VODs. For match results and current standings, refer to the spoiler button at the end of the article.
      Links of Interest
      HGC Week 1 Recap HGC Week 1 Highlights HGC Week 2 Recap HGC Week 2 Highlights HGC Week 3 Recap // HGC Korea Week 1 Recap HGC Week 3 Highlights HGC Week 4 Recap HGC Korea 2017 (Week #2)
      February 10 (Friday)
      10:00 AM Tempest ?:? MVP Miracle VOD 12:00 PM MVP Black ?:? Supreme Mixtape VOD 3:00 PM GG ?:? Raven VOD February 11 (Saturday)
      10:00 AM Mighty ?:? Raven VOD 12:00 PM L5 ?:? MVP Miracle VOD 2:00 PM Tempest ?:? Supreme Mixtape VOD February 12 (Sunday)
      10:00 AM Tempest ?:? Mighty VOD 12:00 PM L5 ?:? GG VOD 3:00 PM MVP Black ?:? MVP Miracle VOD Spoiler Overview (Week #2)
      Click the spoiler tag to reveal match results, current standings and VODs from HGC Korea Week #2.
    • By Stan

The fourth week of HGC 2017 ended and you can take a closer look at matches played in NA and EU in our spoiler-free recap, which contains VODs.
      Spoiler-Free Overview (Week #4)
      Our spoiler free overview doesn't display match results or current standings and only contains VODs. Click the spoiler button below to show match results and current standings.
      Links of Interest
      HGC Week 1 Recap HGC Week 1 Highlights HGC Week 2 Recap HGC Week 2 Highlights HGC Week 3 Recap // HGC Korea Week 1 Recap HGC Week 3 Highlights HGC North America 2017 (Week #4)
      February 6 (Monday)
      3:30 AM B-Step ?:? Team Freedom VOD February 10 (Friday)
      11:00 PM Tempo Storm ?:? No Tomorrow VOD February 11 (Saturday)
      1:30 AM Team Naventic ?:? Superstars VOD 11:00 PM Superstars ?:? B-Step VOD February 12 (Sunday)
      1:30 AM Team 8 ?:? Team Naventic VOD 11:00 PM Tempo Storm ?:? Gale Force eSports VOD HGC Europe 2017 (Week #4)
      February 10 (Friday)
      6:00 PM Team Dignitas ?:? Playing Ducks VOD 8:30 PM Misfits ?:? beGenius VOD February 11 (Saturday)
      6:00 PM beGenius ?:? Tricked esport VOD 8:30 PM Team expert ?:? Misfits VOD February 12 (Sunday)
      6:00 PM Team Dignitas ?:? Fnatic VOD 8:30 PM Synergy ?:? Playing Ducks VOD Spoiler Overview (Week #4)
      Click the spoiler tag to reveal match results, current standings and VODs from HGC Week #4.