FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

How to ask for help with your Mistweaver Monk

Any suggestions from the Sages of Mistweavers here?

Without logs to confirm your in fact 'healing properly' i can only really comment on gem/talent choices and reforging.

You have far too much spirit get more crit.

At the lower gear levels go for xuen as the 90 talent. Using him with ur statue up under heavy damage he will provide alot of healing for you.

Uplift is your friend. If you have 2 chi then use it on uplift. NEVER cap your chi. The more you use the more mana tea you generate the more healing you can do to generate more chi to generate more mana tea.... and so on.

Use the stat weights in the opening post of this thread.

If you add logs to warcraftlogs we can look more at rotation.

I hope this can help for now

Happy Killing :)

• Like 1

What brewmonksta said is correct. You have way too much spirit.

Crit will provide you the mana tea stacks needed assuming you play correctly. Crit will also bump your healing.

If you can get logs we can help you see what you're doing wrong. Please use this guide to learn how to upload to WARCRAFT LOGS: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4681-how-to-upload-your-own-logs/

To comment on 'melee range' it's your opinion that it's stupid, but as it currently stands and even going into the expansion, even if you're not doing melee abilities or fistweaveing at all, you SHOULD ALWAYS be in melee because it allows you to avoid mechanics that other healers have to deal with.

More so in WoD, it's OK to not fistweave. It takes time to learn how and when to do it. It's hard for me to explain sometimes because I just transition fuildly and quickly. It just depends on the damage going out or how much he damage I want to contribute.

• Like 1

Thank you both,  I will try to scrap spirit and reforge more into crit.  I was going with the spirit since I was having nothing but mana problems originally but if I am using Xuen as my 90, that may help me put out a lot more heals so I am spending less mana too. 

The being in melee range as a ranged caster is just preference I know, I don't like being the only healer standing there getting punched in the face, but at least until WoD comes out and they seperate the dedicated caster vs hybrid melee+caster healing stances it's going to be an issue. 

I'll give it a try a couple more times in lfr , or my celestial / ordos kills and see how I do and then if it's still a nightmare like it is now I will look into the Logs site and getting that uploaded or sent to you guys. Thank you for the help so far though!

In WoD you're STILL going to want to be in melee range.  Its not a preference thing, its a optimization thing.  Fistweaving is and will be a "preference" thing but there still will be times that doing one or the other is more optimal.

Fist/mistweaving aside, standing in melee is definitely always going to be better because you don't have to worry about ANY RANGED MECHANICS.  Thats over 80% of the fight right there. You just heal to your hearts content and not get hit by anything.

Somewhat silly question: i've just hit 90 on my Mistweaver and i'm running lfr to get some gear.

I find that most (65% ish) of my healing comes from rem/uplift, and the remaining 30%ish is Eminence. I hardly (if ever) feel the need to cast soothing/surging/enveloping mist, because tanks barely take any damage and if any single raid member goes down in health, other healers can top them off faster than i can (so i might as well fistweave). Does this make sense, or am i doing things horribly wrong? I realize at this level it's absolutely meaningless and you can do wtf you want, but since i'll eventually raid somewhat seriously with this character, i'd like to not get into bad habits. Thanks a lot!

Thats fine.  Really, the only time you cast soothing is to generate more chi.  Enveloping is only for emergency healing, and surging you can use the glyph and make it a smart heal when you have meta gem proc or 5 stacks of vital mists from Tiger Palm

• Like 1

Hi fellow monks, I'm looking for some advice/suggestions.  I recently started raiding flex with my guild running between 15-20 people.  The other healers are two druids and a shaman.  I am lagging behind in numbers, and while I realize the important thing is that bosses die, I want to feel as if I'm at least doing my part.  I currently have a 563 ilvl.  I am having trouble posting a link to our log from Tuesday.  My monks name is Hoophlungpoo on Whisperwind and I am in Ironborne from the same server.

I tried to copy and past the URL but it will not work and I am not sure why.

I tried to copy and past the URL but it will not work and I am not sure why.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Hoophlungpoo/advanced

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Zk98CK3Pqb6YFdyT#type=summary&fight=1

Looking at the logs you seem to just fistweave heavily and you are running with ascension not chi brew.

If you fistweave alot (like 98% active on juggernaught and higher dps than hps) then you will not be pulling the healing numbers that you could if you were exclusively mistweaving.

If the boss dies and no healing is required then heavy fistweaving is fine and often provides a better service to the group.

As you outgear the content then most of time you will only need to fistweave.

Without you providing logs that have you require mistweaving it is hard to determine whether or not your rotation and uptimes are correct.

As for the fistweaving your tiger power and serpents zeal are 80 - 94% ish on iron jugg which is ok given the knockbacks.

IMO if you wanted to maximise your dps you can get a CJL cast off at the end of a meta proc for higher dps and it will be free rather than jab TP spam.

Happy Killing :)

Thank you Brewmonksta for your quick response and sorry for my slow one.  I tried to link to my newest log where I attempted to heal by primarily mistweaving.  It was 25 man normal on June 19th.  Still Ironborne on whisperwind.  Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.  I really don't like dragging the anchor of the heal meters =(

From the looks of your Protectors and Sha logs i would recommend the following:

- MOAR UPLIFTS! MOAR MOAR MOAR

- Make sure you are using Thunder focus tea to extend your ReM. Whilst you are using it you could use it more.

- Expel harm on cd to generate chi.

There is either 1 of 2 things happening in your healing and advanced combat logging is off so i cant check. So you are more than likely doing 1 of 2 things.

1. Capping and sitting on chi (not spending it) instead of hitting uplift then generating more

2. You arent generating enough chi to spend on uplift

From your logs i would assume its a slight mix of not generating and spending enough chi.

You are also not utilising your meta procs effectively.

They should be used on RJW if chi will be generated, ReM if its off cd and then either a jab for MM proc or spam glyphed surging mists to generate chi. Once the proc is over dump the chi with uplift and continue.

I hope this can point you into the right direction and style of play required.

MW healing is very different in its style compared to any other healer in the sense of  use mana > generate chi > spend chi > gain mana tea > gain mana > spend mana > generate chi...... etc

Happy Killing

Hi, I am also a mw and am having extreme amounts of difficulty with healing. It seems that I am unable to be consistant not to mention effective. This is my first time asking for help on the site and I am hoping it would be possible to maybe save my monk.

I am including an armory link in hopes of a miracle.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Windymouse/simple

Without logs we cant comment on rotation but a few things first.

1 - go to the first page of this thread and put in the stat weights.

2 - Press optimise and make the changes

You have a ridiculously high amount of spirit and this is hindering your levels of crit.

i would even limit your spirit to as low as 5100 and go a higher haste breakpoint.

Something like this:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/b9126259-dc21-4586-b7a2-ecd0f45a25d9

Then is all about chi gen and chi usage.

Happy killing :)

Hi there - I've been playing Mistweaver for past 2 months after 4 year hiatus on WoW. I've always been dps and this is my first healer. I've been getting the hang of it, but this class is much more complicated if you want to max the potential, so love some input!

I've done a lot of research but I'm still confused on how to reach my full potential (outside of my personal skill) utilizing AMR weights and properly gearing. I've been following this thread which has been helpful, plus input from your threads.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9818712577

What are your thoughts?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuluhed/Supbiznatch/simple

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/zuluhed/supbiznatch

Much appreciate the help!

Gear looks fine, you could probably find more pieces with crit than mastery.  If you want more input logs would help us see what you're doing in the raid.

I would definitely remove the Mana Tea Glyph for the Surging Mist glyph.

Mana tea glyph hinders your tea drinking alot.

I would also remove the EH glyph and go for the Zen Med glyph or healing Sphere Glyph depending on your preference.