FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eyeroll

Couple of BM question

56 minutes ago, Banard said:

but again... Eyeball/snowtracker there is something fundamentally wrong with your game play.  I do not know what, i am not saying this to be mean. It is the most important advise any one on this forum has said to you.  I have no idea how to help you figure it out. There is no reason to get defensive...either accept it or don't. Me gut tells me your a clicker....

The name is Eyeroll.  You're saying don't get defensive, but you can't even be bothered to use the right name.  It's condescending in the least and is bordering on an ad hominem.  

Your gut says I'm a clicker.  I don't click except for things I don't use very often (traps, flare, etc, pet growl, dismiss pet, specific pet [switching between dps and tank, in case the tank goes down]).  If you insist of using your belief of things, as opposed to what I tell you, I'll just block you and be done with it.    I am committed to getting better. But I'm not gonna take crap off some guy in the game and on the internet.

I have a wired Razer Naga mouse with 12 buttons.  I move primarily with the two button mouse run, but have been trying to use strafe more with wasdqe.   button 10 is countershot, 11 is concussive, and 12 is disengage.  I use some of the other buttons on the naga as I'm training to do so.  (button 10 on most of my toons is the interrupt).

1 - Cobra Shot
2 - Kill Command
3 - Dire Beast
4 - Bestial Wrath
5 - Multi-Shot
6 - Pot (usually Prolonged Power)
7 - Heal Pet

R - Titans Thunder
T - Turtle
G - Aspect of the Wild
S-E - Cheetah
F - Exhilaration

10 - Countershot
11 - Concussive Shot
12 - Disengage

There's other key binds, but I don't have them committed to memory.  I use the Ovale addon with the LunaEclispse rotation that is pulled from the Azortharion Icy Veins rotation, and it's helping me get back on track when I get off my rotation (stunned, big movement, doing mechanics that take me away from DPSing [bands in Gul'dan]) and some weak auras.  I'm still having to tune DBM as I haven't quite got all the panels not covering my action bars and WA.  I'm probably going to do another big change to ElvUI because I think Luthixx is right in that I'm keeping my eyes down on my bar, instead of on the targets.  I think having some small center button bar will be better (between spellflash/ovale) and also clear up the mess that the bar currently has for where I'm standing, making it hard to notice standing in stuff.  But that goes back to my guildie reinforcing that I use a UI that works for me.  I still need to get the mob bars working better for me.

My key binds have changed a couple of times in the last months, and I've said I know it's not muscle memory/intuitive yet.  But I look at my last parse on H Skorpyon, and parsing blue for ilvl is probably a first for me.  

Krosus - if you do the mechanics right, you don't have adds, do you?  And every fight I've been on, except one or two where people ignored/forgot there were still adds up, they don't live very long.  I mean, like Blink Strike would be used 3x on Krosus for the adds, and possibly another time or two when he pops off the bridge.  Unlike Tich where Blink Strike is quite useful for the adds.

26 minutes ago, Eyeroll said:

I have a wired Razer Naga mouse with 12 buttons.  

1 - Cobra Shot
2 - Kill Command
3 - Dire Beast
4 - Bestial Wrath
5 - Multi-Shot
6 - Pot (usually Prolonged Power)
7 - Heal Pet

R - Titans Thunder
T - Turtle
G - Aspect of the Wild
S-E - Cheetah
F - Exhilaration

10 - Countershot
11 - Concussive Shot
12 - Disengage

There's other key binds, but I don't have them committed to memory.  I use the Ovale addon with the LunaEclispse rotation that is pulled from the Azortharion Icy Veins rotation, and it's helping me get back on track when I get off my rotation (stunned, big movement, doing mechanics that take me away from DPSing [bands in Gul'dan]) and some weak auras.  I'm still having to tune DBM as I haven't quite got all the panels not covering my action bars and WA.  I'm probably going to do another big change to ElvUI because I think Luthixx is right in that I'm keeping my eyes down on my bar, instead of on the targets.  I think having some small center button bar will be better (between spellflash/ovale) and also clear up the mess that the bar currently has for where I'm standing, making it hard to notice standing in stuff.  But that goes back to my guildie reinforcing that I use a UI that works for me.  I still need to get the mob bars working better for me.

There you go....finally....i see the issue.  You are overthinking and making this game overcomplicated. Changing things over and over trying to find a solution to performance....trying to become better...each change throwing you off your game.  Are you using your mouse for your rotation? and using it to move? Like my hands cramping just thinking about that?  

Side note: BW, Aspect of the Wild, Titan's Thunder some of these can be grouped in 1 button, or multiple buttons for different combos...

i use a dell mouse. It has left click and right click and a wheel that's been broken since 2013.  I use wow default UI + DBM.  I change DBM settings per boss with information i need to know.   Once maybe twice a year i try something different and revert back in a day or two because its just not right and see a significant drop in DPS because it throws me off my game.

^ i put this in quote not to say do what i do....that isn't important....its the change you are doing over and over....that is messing with yar game.

I have been using wow default for  10 years now...specs change but the flavour in my keybindings remain the same.  It is the familiarity. And this does not change if i go MM or surv...(fuck melee, i miss my surv spec)

Remember you are playing BM...there is nothing complicated about BM.

26 minutes ago, Eyeroll said:

The name is Eyeroll.  You're saying don't get defensive, but you can't even be bothered to use the right name.  It's condescending in the least and is bordering on an ad hominem.  

dude....its a forum and there is more grammar/spelling mistakes in me post then i like to count.  Don't read tone or assume tone from a forum post. 

Either way yee either think i added something or didn't...it seems you think i am trying to be vindictive and condescending... i am neither...

I have nothing more to add to this conversation.  Good Luck. 

Edited by Banard

8 hours ago, Banard said:

dude....its a forum and there is more grammar/spelling mistakes in me post then i like to count.  Don't read tone or assume tone from a forum post. 

It's honestly just respect and common courtesy to speak to someone properly and not use abysmal grammar. It shows you took the time to put effort into a response. It makes you look rude when you can't even spell their character's name correctly. 

So far the only useful advice you've given is to bind BW and AotW with racial together. Other than that you've still not offered anything constructive other than telling him you play entirely differently. 

Mastering any class or spec takes time, I've been BM the whole expansion and I feel thrown off when I go to MM and instinctively try to play the same way and it doesn't work, you just need to keep practising. Congrats on the blue parse btw! I'm assuming you don't cheese the strat though because my last attempt got 2.5m dps on skorp, but grats nonetheless!

3 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Mastering any class or spec takes time, I've been BM the whole expansion and I feel thrown off when I go to MM and instinctively try to play the same way and it doesn't work, you just need to keep practising. Congrats on the blue parse btw! I'm assuming you don't cheese the strat though because my last attempt got 2.5m dps on skorp, but grats nonetheless!

TBQH, I'm not sure what cheese the strat on that fight means.  I've heard it used, but I don't actually know what it means specifically on that fight.  I tried to watch my timers for the adds and hold back DB/TT combo if it wasn't going to wait too long. And do the mechanics.  It felt good, I think I hit the wall once.  I think I actually disengaged over the knockback on one of the wipes.  Not something I'd attempt again...

Thanks for your help so far. 

Cheese strat is just tanking it where the adds come out and cleaving them down as they come out. Makes it a lot less mechanic based and a lot more fun!

yeah I've tried plenty of times to disengage over things and it just does not work hahaha.

keep me updated on your progress this week, looking forward to hearing about how you go!