FORUMS
Damien

Evolve (Token) Shaman Deck List

1 hour ago, Strongpoint said:

I prefer something more defensive in place for Tuskar totemic in this kind of deck. Something like Second-Rate Bruiser or Arcanosmith

I don't think I'd change it for Arcanosmith because there's a lot of value in going towards the full set of totems. The Bruiser is an interesting option though, and the Tuskar is definitely the most replaceable card in the deck.

6 hours ago, Guest Unco said:

Any recent build for evolve, with the wild rotation it mess up

We're currently updating more "mainstream" decks, but we'll get to Evo shaman quite soon, hopefully, as I simply love the deck as well. Until then, sorry to keep you waiting.

Guest lordtian

This deck is still quite strong and resilient. I'm f2p (afraid of gambling addiction if I dump money in this game) and started playing again last week and have finally broken rank 10 again. This is one of the few decks I own that still is competitive with virtually no Ungoro additions.

The only change I would add to your list is to swap out something for 2x devolves, its killer vs taunt war and freeze mage when going for lethal and screws over alot of the aggro decks that are evolving. 
I've also found more success adding a 2nd bloodlust, this way your a 2 win-con deck either straight evolve and got tempo or if you grinded and have an empty hand, you can still pull out a surprise win with bloodlust late game due to totems on the board.

I don't own Aya but I'd imagine she'd help me get a 3rd win con of getting enough jade idols on the board (currently runing the 4 drop jade instead of her, pretty underwhelming, but jade lightning and jade claw are must haves for surviving vs. aggro right now).

If pirate war or crystal rogue rear their head again, subbing in 2x golakka crabs will be a neccessity as well.

@grellthThe third replay seems fine. Didn't find any issues.

First replay - You got punished for overextending on turn 6. While Felfire Potion wasn't expected, Blizzard would be bad for you as well, especially if followed by Flamestrike for a full clear.
The trade at turn 8 seems weird at the very least. I don't see any reason to attack, then use the Lightning Bolt, rather than going face and then using Lightning Bolt. This resulted in good Volcanic Potion value, which was simply bad.
Playing Flametongue Totem on turn 10 was an unnecessary overextension. You wouldn't have gained much if the totem stayed, and would lose a lot of the totem died, which did happen.

I currently don't have the time to check the second replay, but I believe the first is good enough to let me have a guess - the overextension is the biggest issue, just like with the quest rogue replay against the hunter. It might be tempting to fill the board for maximum Evolve value, but sometimes holding back is better. 

• Like 1

@grellthBig question - why are you playing wild with a standard deck?

First replay - you don't against hunter by outaggroing him with this deck. Instead, you want to control the board. This means you should not be hitting face with a weapon unless you are going to re-equip later that turn. It later screwed you up as you had to run your board into Misha.

Second replay - coining out the Jade Claws was completely unnecessary. You had no follow-up, and since the opponent had no minion board, it wasn't a reactive play either.
Again, you are hitting face without getting any advantage from it.
You played Flametongue Totem on the wrong side of Mana Tide Totem. Rolling a totem wouldn't have given it 2 attack, which can be quite significant.
On your last turn, playing Thing from Below seemed like the better play due to having better stats.

Third replay - I would have taken a more proactive approach on turn 3, playing the Feral Spirit. This would have given the upper hand when it comes to board presence.
I believe you noticed the Hex misplay. Unless the opponent played differently if you hadn't played it, you would have had lethal on turn 11. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, positiv2 said:

@grellthBig question - why are you playing wild with a standard deck?

First replay - you don't against hunter by outaggroing him with this deck. Instead, you want to control the board. This means you should not be hitting face with a weapon unless you are going to re-equip later that turn. It later screwed you up as you had to run your board into Misha.

Second replay - coining out the Jade Claws was completely unnecessary. You had no follow-up, and since the opponent had no minion board, it wasn't a reactive play either.
Again, you are hitting face without getting any advantage from it.
You played Flametongue Totem on the wrong side of Mana Tide Totem. Rolling a totem wouldn't have given it 2 attack, which can be quite significant.
On your last turn, playing Thing from Below seemed like the better play due to having better stats.

Third replay - I would have taken a more proactive approach on turn 3, playing the Feral Spirit. This would have given the upper hand when it comes to board presence.
I believe you noticed the Hex misplay. Unless the opponent played differently if you hadn't played it, you would have had lethal on turn 11. 

Thanks for your feedback.  I play WILD because I am not comfortable with this deck yet, although it is fun to play.  I want to see how well I can compete with my Rogue quest deck in Standard.

9 hours ago, grellth said:

I play WILD because I am not comfortable with this deck yet,

You can simply play casual. You won't drop ranks, and you won't be facing wild cards that give the opponent an upper hand.

• Like 1