FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Quest Warrior

Although Curator + Primordial Drake Wombo seems intimidating and superb at the start, Primordial Drake seems like questionable minion itself. Against what deck do you need 2 damage AoE effect but the game isn't over by turn 8? Shaman elementals are mostly 3 health or more and with more elemental and less totem synergy clearing shaman hero power tokens shouldn't be priority. Against fast paladins game is over by turn 8 and against midrange paladin 2 damage only clears hero power tokens. Although paladin has huge amounts of hero power synergy, shouldn't whirlwind and ghouls be enough? It's a good card in a vacuum don't get me wrong, but is it actually worth to run in the deck over cards like Tar Lord? The only superb thing of Curator package seems to be ability to consistently draw the Direhorn Hatchling tokens out of your deck? Is the card really just ran to artificially force Curator value?

10 hours ago, Guest Steph said:

What can I replace The Curator with?

Probably Tar Creeper or Tar Lord, but any solid card that you feel comfortable playing is okay. You'll be losing out on draw power though, so make sure you don't overextend, as you need to be able to refill the board.

3 hours ago, BrightwingMain said:

Although Curator + Primordial Drake Wombo seems intimidating and superb at the start, Primordial Drake seems like questionable minion itself. Against what deck do you need 2 damage AoE effect but the game isn't over by turn 8? Shaman elementals are mostly 3 health or more and with more elemental and less totem synergy clearing shaman hero power tokens shouldn't be priority. Against fast paladins game is over by turn 8 and against midrange paladin 2 damage only clears hero power tokens. Although paladin has huge amounts of hero power synergy, shouldn't whirlwind and ghouls be enough? It's a good card in a vacuum don't get me wrong, but is it actually worth to run in the deck over cards like Tar Lord? The only superb thing of Curator package seems to be ability to consistently draw the Direhorn Hatchling tokens out of your deck? Is the card really just ran to artificially force Curator value?

A big part of the reason is the possibility of drawing it "for free" from The Curator.
The AoE is quite good, as warriors always suffered to deal 2 damage, which lead to people using it to their advantage and trading to keep their minion at around 2 health. A lot of players will keep doing this, and you will punish them. Additionally, the 2 damage AoE is good on its own, as it has the approximate value of 3 mana, which makes Primordial Drake pretty much a 5 mana 4/8. Also, you as a warrior have much easier time staying alive, especially with this deck, as your hero power and the massive amounts of taunts help you survive, making Primordial Drake a good card even against aggro decks.
If you don't like the card, Tar Lord is a perfectly acceptable swap.

• Like 2

Cornered Sentry + Brawl is amazing at times. 
Also thinking of trying to fit in sleep with the fishes. You can combo it with Whirlwind and Primordial Drake

I want to point out, that Dirty Rat is way to usefull to leave it out in this deck. Especially in the current meta.

The Rat works great against other Quest-Warriors, since it gets you a Quest-Tick and denies one for your enemy. Also its great to screw up the gameplan of Quest-Rouge and Quest-Mage. And then there are all the other powerful Battlecry-Minions, that are currently around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taan said:

I want to point out, that Dirty Rat is way to usefull to leave it out in this deck. Especially in the current meta.

The Rat works great against other Quest-Warriors, since it gets you a Quest-Tick and denies one for your enemy. Also its great to screw up the gameplan of Quest-Rouge and Quest-Mage. And then there are all the other powerful Battlecry-Minions, that are currently around.

Yeah... it's great... until you drop it on a guy who accidentally Mulliganed into his C'Thun... or Grommash Hellscream... or any of a thousand other things that are big, ugly, and generally deplorable.

Personally, I'm against anything that gives your opponent things for free... exceptions being on the order of a 5/6 dragon who gives your opponent a 1-drop (Hungry Dragon)... unless they stumble into a Voidwalker or Goldshire Footman, you will likely win that tempo race every time.

But giving your opponent a free something they already wanted in their deck to begin with?  The only place I can see this card being viable in a matchup is against Mage and maybe a non-Zoo Warlock (does that even exist?)... due to the number of spells they'll hold early game.

6 minutes ago, Sableflame said:

Yeah... it's great... until you drop it on a guy who accidentally Mulliganed into his C'Thun... or Grommash Hellscream... or any of a thousand other things that are big, ugly, and generally deplorable.

Personally, I'm against anything that gives your opponent things for free... exceptions being on the order of a 5/6 dragon who gives your opponent a 1-drop (Hungry Dragon)... unless they stumble into a Voidwalker or Goldshire Footman, you will likely win that tempo race every time.

But giving your opponent a free something they already wanted in their deck to begin with?  The only place I can see this card being viable in a matchup is against Mage and maybe a non-Zoo Warlock (does that even exist?)... due to the number of spells they'll hold early game.

It's still okay if you manage to get rid of the C'Thun, as you won't have to face the battlecry later, and the big body that will be able to absorb ridiculous amount of hero power hits.
There are definitely more matchups where Dirty Rat is acceptable or even beneficiary, but yeah, the card will do more harm than good most of the time.

1 minute ago, positiv2 said:

It's still okay if you manage to get rid of the C'Thun, as you won't have to face the battlecry later, and the big body that will be able to absorb ridiculous amount of hero power hits.
There are definitely more matchups where Dirty Rat is acceptable or even beneficiary, but yeah, the card will do more harm than good most of the time.

C'Thun was a bad example, I admit... it just happened to be what I was looking at in my library while I was typing.  Yes, if you happen to slice a powerful Battlecry minion (against someone not playing Rogue and/or Pandas who can just bounce it), then you can get some... very short... mileage out of the Rat.

I'm running a slight variant of this deck. One difference is I subbed both Cornered Sentry's with Dirty Rat's. It is riskier than Sentry but it saves my Whirlwind and Ghouls for other exchanges and depending on the opponent I can play it turn 2. I also took out Ornery Direhorn for Grommash Hellscream. Gromm helps Sulfuras and DIE, INSECT! end things violently. All in all though I am finding much success with this Deck type and the deck you listed is great.  

Hi guys. I have been running a kind of different version of quest warrior with Dirty Rat x2 (it has been great against other quest decks and many aggro types), much less card draw (only one Battle Rage, ups), some other taunts (1 Tar Creeper and 1 Tar Lord) and Sleep with the Fishes x2 for some removal and board clear (with whirlwind and ghoul).

I'm having fun with it and just manage to get to rank 5 from rank 10. At the moment I can play against almost any decks but I'm having some serious problems with the Sherazin Miracle Rouges (lost 5 out of 6 games against them). Most of the time its hard for me to have more than 1 minion on board and can't tempo them properly. I admit that in some games they got some cray stuff from their Hallucination and Swashburglar, but even so I believe that I'm facing them in some wrong way.  What are you recommendations against such decks?? 

Sorry for my grammar and regards from Argentina.

The deck I'm running: 

Fire Plume's Heart x1; Whirlwind x1; Battle Rage x1; Dirty Rat x2; Execute x2; Fiery War Axe x2; Slam x2; Sleep with the Fishes x2; Ravaging Ghoul x2; Stonehill Defender x2; Tar Creeper x1; Bloodhoof Brave x2; Alley Armorsmith x2; Brawl x1; Direhorn Hatchling x2; Ornery Direhorn x2; Tar Lord x1; The Curator x1 and Primordial Drake x1.

10 hours ago, Warranty said:

Hi guys. I have been running a kind of different version of quest warrior with Dirty Rat x2 (it has been great against other quest decks and many aggro types), much less card draw (only one Battle Rage, ups), some other taunts (1 Tar Creeper and 1 Tar Lord) and Sleep with the Fishes x2 for some removal and board clear (with whirlwind and ghoul).

I'm having fun with it and just manage to get to rank 5 from rank 10. At the moment I can play against almost any decks but I'm having some serious problems with the Sherazin Miracle Rouges (lost 5 out of 6 games against them). Most of the time its hard for me to have more than 1 minion on board and can't tempo them properly. I admit that in some games they got some cray stuff from their Hallucination and Swashburglar, but even so I believe that I'm facing them in some wrong way.  What are you recommendations against such decks?? 

Miracle rogue is a bad matchup for taunt warrior so far from what I've seen, and losing to them doesn't necessarily mean you are doing something wrong. You can try adding in a Spellbreaker, as it shuts down both Sherazin, Corpse Flower and Edwin VanCleef, two of their strongest cards.

• Like 1

I just made a taunt quest deck and went straight from rank 19 to rank 6 with no issues until the meta changed to OTK combo priests.

I can't figure out how to beat them. They get so many copies of the spell that they can buff a new minion to insane levels practically every turn.

What should the strategy be against them? 

8 hours ago, Abelcain said:

I just made a taunt quest deck and went straight from rank 19 to rank 6 with no issues until the meta changed to OTK combo priests.

I can't figure out how to beat them. They get so many copies of the spell that they can buff a new minion to insane levels practically every turn.

What should the strategy be against them? 

Really all you can do is to deal with their minions as they come out but that can be hard to do hence why Quest Warrior has a fairly low win rate against Purify Priest. If you are encountering too many of them I would suggest switching decks. 

• Like 1