FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

N'Zoth Deathrattle (Amara Quest) Priest Deck List

I'm going to be trying this out some variations of this as soon as I get the cards.  The Radiant Elemental + Lyra combo could be killer if you can hold on to some 1 mana spells until turn 7.   I may try to work Infested Tauren in there just to get another deathrattle/taunt minion, depending on how popular aggro decks are.

Guest Cresceda

Would Cairne be a good fit into this deck? And if so which card would be replaced by it?

5 hours ago, Guest Cresceda said:

Would Cairne be a good fit into this deck? And if so which card would be replaced by it?

Cairne is almost always a reasonable Deathrattle minion.  You can try using it in place of any of the cards mentioned in the swap section, such as Holy Smite or Loot Hoarder.

• Like 1

Guest Jakway
On 4/5/2017 at 7:47 AM, Guest Cresceda said:

I run a similar deck with Cairne in it. It's slightly less expensive since I can't afford Lyra, and Cairne has always been great. Getting to duplicate it with Barnes, Onyx Bishop, or Mirage Caller creates massive tempo plays and makes your N'zoth even more insane.

Guest Xeaphius

You don't have to post this one up but I noticed under "Awaken the makers" it says "Amara can also be used for its raw stats, as an 8-mana 5/5..." Maybe a little tweak, as Amara is a 5-mana 8/8. Thanks for reading this!

I ended up removing the Radiant Elemental / Lyra combo in favor of some additional deathrattle minions. In a couple battles I actually ended up with too many cards in my hand after Crystalline Oracle / Shifting Shade / Lyra started doing their work.

I might try that combo with a Velen priest just to see what happens though. 

13 hours ago, Guest Lisp said:

Near the bottom it says "8 mana 5/5" instead of 5 mana 8/8

1 hour ago, Guest Xeaphius said:

You don't have to post this one up but I noticed under "Awaken the makers" it says "Amara can also be used for its raw stats, as an 8-mana 5/5..." Maybe a little tweak, as Amara is a 5-mana 8/8. Thanks for reading this!

Thanks for pointing it out, we'll be fixing it shortly!

Guest Maive

Can't say this deck is the best... I running into alot of trouble. Most rush decks beat me... because I rely on getting Holy Nova to clear. I've also run in serveral situations were I've needed my removals (Shadow Word Cards) and they just don't appear. Several times I've had 10 cards left, and 4 of them have been the Shadow Word cards.

You *need* those removals to compete with the Warrior quest deck... because radiant elementals, loot hoarders and crystal oracles with 2 dmg doesn't cut it.

I've not had much luck with radiant elemental, as its usually removed... or i get 0 spells with it. When it does work it works really well with Lyra, but the scenario it which this combo works is rare.

I was rank 18+ 3stars late last week... I've played this deck continuously since then to learn it, because I want it to work, but now I'm thinking the deck isn't worth it, I'm now rank 20 with 0 stars. Thats 20+ games and I'm pretty sure I've only won 3-5 games.

6 hours ago, Guest Maive said:

Can't say this deck is the best... I running into alot of trouble. Most rush decks beat me... because I rely on getting Holy Nova to clear. I've also run in serveral situations were I've needed my removals (Shadow Word Cards) and they just don't appear. Several times I've had 10 cards left, and 4 of them have been the Shadow Word cards.

You *need* those removals to compete with the Warrior quest deck... because radiant elementals, loot hoarders and crystal oracles with 2 dmg doesn't cut it.

I've not had much luck with radiant elemental, as its usually removed... or i get 0 spells with it. When it does work it works really well with Lyra, but the scenario it which this combo works is rare.

I was rank 18+ 3stars late last week... I've played this deck continuously since then to learn it, because I want it to work, but now I'm thinking the deck isn't worth it, I'm now rank 20 with 0 stars. Thats 20+ games and I'm pretty sure I've only won 3-5 games.

This deck isn't an easy one to play, but is quite powerful nonetheless. I would suggest uploading a few replays to see what's the core of the issue.
If you have issues against certain decks, and you face them quite often, you can use some tech swaps from the swap section, like Dragonfire Potion.

Guest Guest

I've been playing a list close to this, it's super fun and tricky to play, but does some really powerful things. Unfortunately, I lose badly to Cavern Rogue. Still fun, still will play, but being a dog to that deck (which seems like 30 percent of field) sucks. Stuck about rank 13 pretty consistently. 

Guest Maive
21 hours ago, positiv2 said:

This deck isn't an easy one to play, but is quite powerful nonetheless. I would suggest uploading a few replays to see what's the core of the issue.
If you have issues against certain decks, and you face them quite often, you can use some tech swaps from the swap section, like Dragonfire Potion.

Ive just had a few games, tempo wise its too slow. I usually get crushed before I've cast my last deathrattle. One thing im noticing is that using the cards in my possession alot to try and maintain board control, but because this deck is made up mostly of 1-2dmg minions with little health they're getting blown away by warrior cards/mage casts. This leaves me open to hits.

Theres no point even trying to go up against the murloc shammy, and cavern rogue.

2 minutes ago, Guest Maive said:

Ive just had a few games, tempo wise its too slow. I usually get crushed before I've cast my last deathrattle. One thing im noticing is that using the cards in my possession alot to try and maintain board control, but because this deck is made up mostly of 1-2dmg minions with little health they're getting blown away by warrior cards/mage casts. This leaves me open to hits.

Theres no point even trying to go up against the murloc shammy, and cavern rogue.

You can also add more proactive plays like Tar Creeper or Infested Tauren.

Guest Jakway

What cards would work well against cavern rogue? I play a slightly less proactive version of the deck (no Lyra, more minion value) and amara doesnt usually cut it, even if I can get it without dying.

6 hours ago, Guest Jakway said:

What cards would work well against cavern rogue? I play a slightly less proactive version of the deck (no Lyra, more minion value) and amara doesnt usually cut it, even if I can get it without dying.

You should actually try for more proactive power, to be able to trade better and more often. You could also try Dragonfire Potion, simply because it clears the whole board of 5/5s. 

Amara says 'Set your hero's health to 40', right? She doesn't heal you technically. Why does she kill you when played as there is an Auchenai Soulpriest on board? Shouldn't Amara work like Alexstrasza?

Maybe they should change the wording to say, Set health of your hero to 40, and fully heal your hero' Then, it would make sense.

On ‎9‎.‎7‎.‎2017 at 9:14 PM, FanOfValeera said:

Amara says 'Set your hero's health to 40', right? She doesn't heal you technically. Why does she kill you when played as there is an Auchenai Soulpriest on board? Shouldn't Amara work like Alexstrasza?

Maybe they should change the wording to say, Set health of your hero to 40, and fully heal your hero' Then, it would make sense.

Yeah, Blizzard's card wording has proven to be inconsistent. I doubt that it will be fixed in the upcoming patch. We'll probably have to wait quite some time for this to be fixed. After all, Mistress of Pain + Auchenai Soulpriest is getting fixed after almost 3 years. I hope I am wrong though.

• Like 2