FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Quest Hunter Deck List

Guest R3d Baron

Subbed out Eaglehorn for Dinomancy - much more powerful.

16 minutes ago, Guest R3d Baron said:

Subbed out Eaglehorn for Dinomancy - much more powerful.

Your goal is still to finish your opponent quickly, maybe even before you get to complete the quest. Eaglehorn Bow helps with that much more than Dinomancy, and if your opponent is able to keep the board clear, you will suffer a lot, as you will not be able to burst your opponent down, as you won't have Eaglehorn Bow, and your hero power won't deal damage.

• Like 1

Guest seanpwns

I subbed a Houndmaster for a Scavenging Hyena and made a few other changes too, but that one has given me the most benefit.

1 hour ago, Guest seanpwns said:

I subbed a Houndmaster for a Scavenging Hyena and made a few other changes too, but that one has given me the most benefit.

I think Hyena will end up in the deck when I get my hands on it. I agree that it looks strong and nearly put it in the original version, but was scared that you wouldn't keep the board long enough. Thanks for the feedback :)

• Like 1

Guest BlackRavenHS

I keep getting mowed over by other decks, and suggestions for subs?

Guest The Off-Meta Hunter

What's your opinion on swapping out a tracking for a starving buzzard?

Guest Jillybean

I don't have Kara, so I subbed Hyena for Kindly Grandmother. I like tundra rhino as a finisher, and have put in a second in place of a houndmaster. Fun so far!

• Like 1

Thanks for the deck and guide!

I have some success with the following cards, added to your deck:

1. Timber Wolf (works rather well, because you have many beasts on the board. It has synergy after cards like Alleycat)
  2. Scavenging Hyena (works well, because you have a lot of minions on the board)
  3. Infest (works very well in my opinion, because it covers the weakest part of this deck: ending up with an empty hand. Saved me several times. It may help getting more 1 mana beasts for the quest or after the quest if you have an empty hand but full board)
  4. Starving Buzzard (works better than I expected, because it has some beast synergy, it gives you more cards and works as a soft taunt)

I'm not entirely convinced by your choice of having:

1. Kindly Grandmother (it's a beast though, but replacing at least one of them by Scavenging Hyena seems better)
  2. Emerald Reaver (true, it's a beast, but I'm not yet convinced by its battlecry. It seems the weakest 1 mana pick compared to the rest in this deck. I prefer Timber Wolf )
  3. Bittertide Hydra (I see the idea behind it, but I'm missing synergy with the rest of the deck here. There must be a better pick. Not sure if it's really Starving Buzzard though)

The most controversial card I tested was:

Emerald Hive Queen  (play it at the end of your turn when you know you can suicide it at the start of the next turn ór if you can give it taunt. It works well if you combine it with Stampede ,  Timber Wolf , Crackling RazormawScavenging Hyena , Infest , Kill Command , Houndmaster , Tundra Rhino and Cult Master . Which is still a lot of possible synergy. In my experience the chance of having it still alive when you need to summon the next minion, is rather low. It's still not the best pick if you have all cards, but a better alternative than most people would expect)

• Like 1

Guest Ogdoo

I'm really struggling with this deck against other classes new decks. Taunt warrior is just a nightmare, it feels like half of my minions would need silence in order to get through the warrior.

10 minutes ago, Guest Ogdoo said:

I'm really struggling with this deck against other classes new decks. Taunt warrior is just a nightmare, it feels like half of my minions would need silence in order to get through the warrior.

Against Taunt Warrior you should concentrate on keeping the board rather than going all in on the Quest. When you resolve the Quest you should get back into it pretty quickly as they don't exert much pressure on you beforehand. That being said, it is definitely not an easy matchup.

2 hours ago, Immortalis said:

Thanks for the deck and guide!

I have some success with the following cards, added to your deck:

1. Timber Wolf (works rather well, because you have many beasts on the board. It has synergy after cards like Alleycat)
  2. Scavenging Hyena (works well, because you have a lot of minions on the board)
  3. Infest (works very well in my opinion, because it covers the weakest part of this deck: ending up with an empty hand. Saved me several times. It may help getting more 1 mana beasts for the quest or after the quest if you have an empty hand but full board)
  4. Starving Buzzard (works better than I expected, because it has some beast synergy, it gives you more cards and works as a soft taunt)

I'm not entirely convinced by your choice of having:

1. Kindly Grandmother (it's a beast though, but replacing at least one of them by Scavenging Hyena seems better)
  2. Emerald Reaver (true, it's a beast, but I'm not yet convinced by its battlecry. It seems the weakest 1 mana pick compared to the rest in this deck. I prefer Timber Wolf )
  3. Bittertide Hydra (I see the idea behind it, but I'm missing synergy with the rest of the deck here. There must be a better pick. Not sure if it's really Starving Buzzard though)

I have had chance to test significantly now and agree with everyone about the Hyena, it will be added in a update shortly for 1 tracking and 1 Emerald Reaver. At the moment I am still happy with the rest of the deck. I will definitely look into all suggestions though, the Timber Wolf idea seems particularly worth investigating.

I do feel the Grandmother is okay in the deck, I think that keeping the board is surprisingly important, as opposed to flat out completing the Quest, and she does a good job of this. I think the Hydra will be a matter of what meta you run into, Combined with even 1 Tracking, I'm fine keeping it in there at the moment for a universal meta.

12 hours ago, Guest BlackRavenHS said:

I keep getting mowed over by other decks, and suggestions for subs?

What archetypes or types of decks do you get beaten by?

10 hours ago, Guest The Off-Meta Hunter said:

What's your opinion on swapping out a tracking for a starving buzzard?

Starving Buzzard's stats are too low and the ability is too situational to see any play. I recommend sticking with Tracking at the moment.

37 minutes ago, georcaef said:

This deck doesn't work in standard mode , what i need to do ? Can somebody tell me please ?

It's a common bug. You need to delete the deck from your deck manager, then re-add it. Make sure you re-add it as a standard deck though!

Tried to build my own quest hunter, but this works good, even without hyena or infest, even though i'll try that version too. Thx for deck and guide!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L0rinda said:

I have had chance to test significantly now and agree with everyone about the Hyena, it will be added in a update shortly for 1 tracking and 1 Emerald Reaver. At the moment I am still happy with the rest of the deck. I will definitely look into all suggestions though, the Timber Wolf idea seems particularly worth investigating.

I do feel the Grandmother is okay in the deck, I think that keeping the board is surprisingly important, as opposed to flat out completing the Quest, and she does a good job of this. I think the Hydra will be a matter of what meta you run into, Combined with even 1 Tracking, I'm fine keeping it in there at the moment for a universal meta.

Thanks for the feedback. What about Infest though? It seems I'm the only one so far mentioning it. It really helped me, especially mid / late game when this deck tends to get you with a full board but an empty hand.

I also like the idea of a Youthful Brewmaster (thanks GamerMykee), even if it is just for fun and giggles.

EDIT:
Maybe Sea Giant could be a great alternative for Bittertide Hydra . Since this deck is more or less a zoo deck, the cost of the Sea Giant will be about 5 mana or less in most situations with the same stats as Bittertide Hydra. The main difference is that it's not a beast, but more importantly: It won't get you killed either.

Edited by Immortalis

45 minutes ago, Immortalis said:

Thanks for the feedback. What about Infest though? It seems I'm the only one so far mentioning it. It really helped me, especially mid / late game when this deck tends to get you with a full board but an empty hand.

I will take a look at Infest at some point (TM). Hopefully a few people in this thread can also take a look and give you feedback while I cycle through the other decks. My instinct is that it slows down the board development too much, but I'm never scared to try everything out.

Guest SoccerAce

Why no Hemet? Is he no good? I opened him in one of my packs

2 minutes ago, Guest SoccerAce said:

Why no Hemet? Is he no good? I opened him in one of my packs

Hemet, Jungle Hunter in this deck would either be insanely good, or completely unplayable. You would have to draw him before you complete the quest, but not too soon as he would be a dead draw. If you draw him after you complete the quest and play Queen Carnassa, you simply cannot play him as he would destroy your Carnassa's Broods and render the quest useless.
So, not really, not in this deck.

Guest Arcayon

I've yet to win a single ranked game with this deck. The issue is too much room for dead draws.

Guest Shatraff

Hey guys are there any card swaps that could make this deck more efficient against quest rogue, that's literally all that I see

41 minutes ago, Guest Shatraff said:

Hey guys are there any card swaps that could make this deck more efficient against quest rogue, that's literally all that I see

The Rogue Quest races this deck quite well. I'm hoping to have an Aggro Hunter build without the Quest up in the next 2-3 days which will help to win that race. In the meantime you could try running Unleash the Hounds instead of Stampede, and also remove Cult Master for a second Tundra Rhino. Be sure to hit them in the face a lot and try to kill them one turn before they're going to kill you.

You can also mulligan away the quest card in this matchup so you can have the maximum amount of damage in hand.

Guest rafiko1112

What do you think about Dinomany card? Is It good in this deck?

5 hours ago, Guest rafiko1112 said:

What do you think about Dinomany card? Is It good in this deck?

As said above, if your opponent is able to clear the board, this card significantly lowers the chance of winning. If your opponent is able to clear one-for-one you beasts, you will still be losing face damage, which is pretty bad for an aggro deck. If you are unlucky and do not draw into your beasts early, or are unable to squeeze in the hero power, you are, again, worse off. 
So, I do not recommend adding the card to the deck.

• Like 1