FORUMS
Damien

Midrange Shaman Deck List

Guest Fieldzilla

I want to find a way to fit bloodlust in the deck, would make a nice finisher.  Maybe in place of devolve, i haven't used it yet in several games (10+), but it feels like a safety net that i hesitate to lose

6 hours ago, Guest Fieldzilla said:

I want to find a way to fit bloodlust in the deck, would make a nice finisher.  Maybe in place of devolve, i haven't used it yet in several games (10+), but it feels like a safety net that i hesitate to lose

If you feel like you need Bloodlust, then you probably don't need Devolve. And it's not like you can't revert the change later if it doesn't work out well for you.

Guest Mxermadman

Any advice on how to play this deck vs quest warrior? Maybe it's just a bad matchup, but I lose every time.

On 4/11/2017 at 8:44 PM, Guest Mxermadman said:

Any advice on how to play this deck vs quest warrior? Maybe it's just a bad matchup, but I lose every time.

Quest Warrior should generally be a good matchup.  Generally you just want to focus on having a strong curve of midrange minions which warriors will typically struggle with.  Servant of Kalimos is also key as it allows you to flexibly pick minions for the situation, generally you will be wanting powerful minions like Blazecaller that can simultaneously remove an opposing minion and put a strong threat on the board.  Even if your opponent manages to get sulfuras, you will still be in a strong position as your hero power effectively counters them, allowing you to flood the board with totems to bait the Ragnaros shots 

Guest Gregor

What are your thoughts on adding in Dirty Rat? The combo with hex is the only solid defense that I can think of against Quest rouge/mage. I just lose so many games against quest rougue, and this deck just isn't fast enough to counter them. I also don't have access to patches so I don't run any of the pirates you recommend, which could absolutely make a difference if I was able to add them in (I'm running two blazecallers and a jade spirit instead). I do have Dirty Rat though. 

41 minutes ago, Guest Gregor said:

What are your thoughts on adding in Dirty Rat? The combo with hex is the only solid defense that I can think of against Quest rouge/mage. I just lose so many games against quest rougue, and this deck just isn't fast enough to counter them. I also don't have access to patches so I don't run any of the pirates you recommend, which could absolutely make a difference if I was able to add them in (I'm running two blazecallers and a jade spirit instead). I do have Dirty Rat though. 

Dirty Rat goes against the goal of the deck, which is board domination. Dirty Rat is a hit-or-miss card, which is something you cannot afford as a midrange deck.
You can run more jades, such as Jade Spirit, or more elemental cards, such as Stone Sentinel, if you do not have Patches the Pirate.

Some people where saying KFT has no (no useful) Elemental but I think Midrange Elemental Shaman is still good, What are your experiences/opinion? 

Edit: I wanted to post this in Midrange Elemental Shaman, but seem comment link leads here :D 

Edited by Caldyrvan

4 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Some people where saying KFT has no (no useful) Elemental but I think Midrange Elemental Shaman is still good, What are your experiences/opinion? 

Edit: I wanted to post this in Midrange Elemental Shaman, but seem comment link leads here :D 

The deck is not bad, but hasn't received much help this expansion. Luckily the meta so far is favourable for ele mid shaman, but time will tell.

We will rename the threads once we are done with conversion to the new archetype system.

• Like 1

Have made some changes on the suggested deck due to lack of some cards and tried it  with fair results (70% win rate).Do you think it might be used to climb up the ladder?I actually feel quite confident with a deck after trying a few of them!Any suggestion is well accepted!

1 hour ago, Karayan7 said:

Do you think it might be used to climb up the ladder?I

The best way to find out is to try. I have been playing midrange elemental shaman today on NA and can say that the archetype is still strong. As for your deck, it should be fine. I would swap out Kobold Geomancer for Bloodmage Thalnos, but other than that it looks good.

9 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I would swap out Kobold Geomancer for Bloodmage Thalnos,

Believe me,i would too,if i had the guy...!Thanks though,i think i will keep running this for a while longer, i like how it feels even when i lose,because it's never a hands down loss.So,either i have gotten some better as a player or the decks works really good...Or both!

Guest Guest

I am wondering whether the pirate package really works in this deck? Without that many weapons, you wont get charge on your southsea deckhand, while patches wont be drawn out of your deck consistently with only two pirates. Moreover, I already switched out the two lightning bolts for two Jade Spirits, to get some more jades out, but I believe I lack some way of early clearing.

Therefore, my question is whether it would be a good idea to drop the pirate package, and add two strong one drops (mistress of mixture for example) and 1 lightening bolt instead. Do you think that would work, or am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I am wondering whether the pirate package really works in this deck? Without that many weapons, you wont get charge on your southsea deckhand, while patches wont be drawn out of your deck consistently with only two pirates. Moreover, I already switched out the two lightning bolts for two Jade Spirits, to get some more jades out, but I believe I lack some way of early clearing.

Therefore, my question is whether it would be a good idea to drop the pirate package, and add two strong one drops (mistress of mixture for example) and 1 lightening bolt instead. Do you think that would work, or am I missing something?

It could work. I prefer running the pirates for stronger early game presence, but if you feel that you need more reactive cards than proactive, go ahead. I would not use Mistress of Mixtures though, as they do not fit that much into midrange deck such as this one.

Guest Mei Is Thicc

I strongly feel like the deck doesn't have anywhere near enough card draw

22 minutes ago, Guest Mei Is Thicc said:

I strongly feel like the deck doesn't have anywhere near enough card draw

Shamans are a class with weak card draw overall. With the departure of Azure Drake and Ancestral Knowledge in the last rotation, the only strong draw I can think of is Mana Tide Totem, which sadly requires you to be ahead to draw more than one card. You can try adding Bloodmage Thalnos though.

I think shaman got by far the worst cards in KFT. a lot of freeze stuff that does not make up any good deck.

The only 2 cards I think which are good are Snowfury Giant if you play an Overload deck and Thrall, Deathseer for an Evolve deck, KFT offers nearly nothing for shaman at all and totally nothing for midrange shaman, maybe Bonemare and Tainted Zealot (if you don't have Bloodmage Thalnos and don't want to use Kobold Geomancer) but that's it, I guess.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 2

Uncommon Patron
On 11/5/2017 at 9:08 PM, Caldyrvan said:

I think shaman got by far the worst cards in KFT. a lot of freeze stuff that does not make up any good deck.

The only 2 cards I think which are good are Snowfury Giant if you play an Overload deck and Thrall, Deathseer for an Evolve deck, KFT offers nearly nothing for shaman at all and totally nothing for midrange shaman, maybe Bonemare and Tainted Zealot (if you don't have Bloodmage Thalnos and don't want to use Kobold Geomancer) but that's it, I guess.

Yes, I got that feeling too, especially if you compare with cards such as Frostlich Jaina. I think it massively overpowered, since it simultaneously gives armor, summons an elemental and allows the mage to easily create even more elementals throughout the rest of the match. I can't think of a proper counter to it, and this midrange deck is easily prey to it.

Guest something_1

So would this deck get updated soon for the new expansion? I'm interested to see anything new.