Damien

Elemental Mage Deck List

45 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Elemental Mage Deck List Guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played this for a short amount of time today and finished with a 15-7 result. Felt easy to understand the synergies for a new HS-standard player like me and it seems like the deck got a "good flow" to it. I had problems against decks with large taunt minions and one really fast Beast deck that owned the board too fast for me to handle.. any help how I can improve my game against decks with large taunt minions? I feel like I miss something or use my cards wrong... 

any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Guest Thorbear said:

Played this for a short amount of time today and finished with a 15-7 result. Felt easy to understand the synergies for a new HS-standard player like me and it seems like the deck got a "good flow" to it. I had problems against decks with large taunt minions and one really fast Beast deck that owned the board too fast for me to handle.. any help how I can improve my game against decks with large taunt minions? I feel like I miss something or use my cards wrong... 

any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks 😊

It's different from deck to deck. Ramp druid runs a lot of taunts, so do quest warrior and wall shaman, yet each require different strategy to beat. If you could upload a replay against any deck you had in mind by "decks with large taunt minions", that would be much appreciated.

I feel like aggro is a bad matchup for this deck, as you cannot afford not to play on curve, yet sometimes you have in order to activate the elemental battlecries. Switching to a different deck should help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easily made it to rank 13. Deck is a 50/50 against Quest Rogue. Also  found that it had trouble against hunter. Otherwise great deck. starting with coin is a major boost to how well this deck performs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a similar deck but I squeeze in a meteor and Hemet, Jungle Hunter instead of the Arcane Intellect.  It is a great deal of fun.  The Meteor great for big late game minions, and Hemet helps you secure the win when you have them on the ropes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Dude said:

I have a similar deck but I squeeze in a meteor and Hemet, Jungle Hunter instead of the Arcane Intellect.  It is a great deal of fun.  The Meteor great for big late game minions, and Hemet helps you secure the win when you have them on the ropes.

Hemet, Jungle Hunter? Interesting. I'm still trying to find a way to squeeze him into something.  I may just look into this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KingMe said:

Hemet, Jungle Hunter? Interesting. I'm still trying to find a way to squeeze him into something.  I may just look into this. 

Noxious, Thijs, Kripp, Toast and a a couple of others have been experimenting with a Mage Hemet deck, which is basically: "Survive the first turns, do what damage you can, drop Hemet, finish opponent off with guaranteed direct damage topdecks." Have a look here, Thijs is trying it out:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

Noxious, Thijs, Kripp, Toast and a a couple of others have been experimenting with a Mage Hemet deck, which is basically: "Survive the first turns, do what damage you can, drop Hemet, finish opponent off with guaranteed direct damage topdecks." Have a look here, Thijs is trying it out:

Damn, I just realized I haven't watched any of my streamers since this set came out. (Kripp, Trump, and Kibler are my favorites.) I want to try this out now and I need to catch up on some videos while I'm at it. Thanks for sharing. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guest La Figue said:

hi guys!

any replacement for Pyros ? :x

thanks :)

You could use any of the cards mentioned in the card swap section, whichever one you feel would help you in your current meta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like the deck and getting decent results. Just when having a bad hand the first 1-2 moves, i find myself struggling a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cemolee said:

can someone suggest me an alternative to Babbling Book ? i am too late to buy wings with gold and i dont want to spend 20 dollars

The cards will remain in standard for about 9 months, so it is still a good investment. Primordial Glyphs are the cards you want to use in place of Babbling Books. You can use any cards from the full budget version or the Thijs variation though. If that is not possible for you, 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze and 1x Polymorph should be good enough until you can do the aforementioned swaps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2017 at 9:27 PM, positiv2 said:

The cards will remain in standard for about 9 months, so it is still a good investment. Primordial Glyphs are the cards you want to use in place of Babbling Books. You can use any cards from the full budget version or the Thijs variation though. If that is not possible for you, 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze and 1x Polymorph should be good enough until you can do the aforementioned swaps.

  Thank you for your answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried for the first time to tweak a suggested deck because i was having hard time to even do the basics.Bad mulligans and different style made me remove some duplicates in order to add some more reassuring cards i am used to play with mage decks.The results were immediately interesting,even in the short run (9-3 W/L).It's not made for the ladder but I would be glad to know what you think of it.Thanks!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Ofc it's great to pull out The Lich King but it's very unlkely

To be honest,i tried this outrageous gamble after having been toasted twice against different decks who got this combination.Clearly it never worked for me.Best outcome was a 1/1 Sindragosa (meh...).This would have worked better with other big tech legendary cards like Gruul or Illidan Stormrage but i can't cripple the deck just to add two more legends...Today i am going to try Questing Adventurer,i think it could give an extra gear on the deck's dynamic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need some help. I made this deck, carrd for card, and even tried some recommended and experimental substitutions. 

I can't get this deck past rank 20 ....... what the f***. 

I constantly get destroyed by decks thay swarm the board, and boost everything on the board, and I have zero options to counter.

Or I lay down some nasty firepower, and the other player you feed everything and I'm left in the dust. 

With a good fast start, I'll win by turn 5, but that happens once every 10 or so games. 

This picture for example. 

 

How can this deck be rank 13+? When I'm getting destroyed at 20. 

Screenshot_20171004-192048.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gitbse Could upload a few replays? I have been rather successful last season with the deck, so a few replays could help us identify the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...