FORUMS

Just spent all of my dusts on this deck and think I did wrong job... it's not good for ranked... it's a late game deck and late game priests and warlocks are better... only reason to win can be facing some dead classes like paladins or shamans or warriors. ..

just tried site's deck and orginal game's fire and ice deck and both can't do much against priest and warlock(which more players play with)

• I suggest you guys to play aggro secret its really a cheap deck!... I just got about rank 12 with it without any legendary cards(just tried yogg sometimes too for if I couldn't defeat enemy in early game but it always just helped enemy lol )and I don't have medivh's valet from Kara too and I win easily tough

Even though it looked liked they push the elemental decks they are still not that great, so sad I enjoy them, more with shaman but mage too. And it will always be this way, you can't play things you enjoy if you want to reach a very high rank, well you can but it will cost you much more time and causes a lot of frustration because the majority plays the dull but better decks.

But Elemental decks usually play on curve, they are more tempo oriented. Good presence of minions and having full board control when entering the late game. Well, at least that's how it should work.

Additionally I don't like the version of Elemental Mage shown here. With a deck more minion oriented and all spells being pretty cheap I see less use for Sorcerer's Apprentice. They are good but dead fast too. I would rather see one or two Polymorph in the deck because the deck has problems dealing with huge threats where you have to trade and spent much resources to kill them. I'm not a fan of Tol'vir Stoneshaper it messes up the line of elementals too often imo.

Btw. I wouldn't call Paladin dead, Call to Arms alone is totally broken and keeps him alive :D

Edited by Caldyrvan

Guest Valjinator

What is the purpose of Aluneth in this deck? I have been playing it a lot and I'm never short on cards due to the elemental battlecries and spellstone effects. Every time I draw it I just have a dead card in my hand. I swapped it out for another Shimmering Tempest for an extra card to proc the battlecries.

4 minutes ago, Guest Valjinator said:

What is the purpose of Aluneth in this deck? I have been playing it a lot and I'm never short on cards due to the elemental battlecries and spellstone effects. Every time I draw it I just have a dead card in my hand. I swapped it out for another Shimmering Tempest for an extra card to proc the battlecries.

It's there for more aggressive players or against decks that you have to play fast against. if you feel like Aluneth is not necessary, you can freely swap it out, as you have done.

• Like 1

Guest Silent Storm

Greetings!

I've been trying this exact same deck with all the tips and tricks, but I always get overpowered and I lose most of the games. Positiv2 you seem to be a cool moderator, can you add me on hearthstone so that we can talk in more details about this? my battletag is SilentStorm#28948

6 hours ago, Guest Silent Storm said:

Greetings!

I've been trying this exact same deck with all the tips and tricks, but I always get overpowered and I lose most of the games. Positiv2 you seem to be a cool moderator, can you add me on hearthstone so that we can talk in more details about this? my battletag is SilentStorm#28948

Thanks! I sent you a request on NA and EU, so please let me know which server you play on so I can get in touch with you more easily.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2017 at 4:29 PM, Gitbse said:

Need some help. I made this deck, carrd for card, and even tried some recommended and experimental substitutions. 

I can't get this deck past rank 20 ....... what the f***. 

I constantly get destroyed by decks thay swarm the board, and boost everything on the board, and I have zero options to counter.

Or I lay down some nasty firepower, and the other player you feed everything and I'm left in the dust. 

With a good fast start, I'll win by turn 5, but that happens once every 10 or so games. 

This picture for example. 

How can this deck be rank 13+? When I'm getting destroyed at 20. 

Screenshot_20171004-192048.png

Personally I would cut the 2 flame geysers, the pyros the tempest, the sorcerers apprentices and aluneth for 2 fire fly's, 2 golaka crawlers, 2 polymorphs and a flame strike.  You can also cut a spell stone for an arcane int or pyros if you really want it, or run an ooze instead of the crawlers.  Also volcanic potion is an option over either a spell stone or a crawler.  Polymorph is a must, not only are you running jaina, but cube lock is a thing that exists in this meta in great quantities on the ladder.  Aluneth really doesn't fit the deck, it is minion based without a lot of reach from burn, seems kind of eh.  Mulligan hard for your early game against druids, paladins, hunters and rogues. 

Fire fly's are great against paladin, 1/2s contest their 1/1s really well.  Frost bolts, mana wyrms, glyphs, tar creeper, your stone shaper ONLY if you have exactly tar creeper to pair with it, Golaka against druid and rogue, less good against paladin since they don't always have pirates.  The spell stone, pryos, intellect and anything that costs more then 3 is generally a bad keep against aggressive decks.  Against warlock and priest you really want to go for your strong mid game, and hope to close it out with burn.  Things like mana wyrm, pyros if you chose to run him, glyph, manipulator if you have glyph, and fire flys are all good keeps.  Polymorph is also worth keeping against warlocks if you already have some early game plays.  Against priest, you can be a bit more greedy, keeping servant if you have a 4 drop elemental to curve into him. 

The deck lacks solid proactive plays on on turns 2-3 generally, so against priest you want to focus on a strong mid game curve (or an explosive start if you have it but don't mulligan away a strong curve to go for it), against warlock go for broke on the early explosive start.  They out value you heavily and as soon as they get a void lord on the field your ability to actually kill them diminishes greatly.  Both priest and warlock are pretty abysmal matches, they both out value you heavily in the late game, warlock is a lot worse though, imo, they stabilize a lot earlier and wall you far better far sooner.  As long as priest lacks the dream, it is a winnable, but up hill battle, you just have to curve out strong and try to be very far ahead going into the late game. 

Against aggro, focus on making the strongest play on board in any given turn.  Don't waste corridor creeper answers like polymorph or fire ball unless you have too.  Try as hard as you can to not let them snowball the board, you have very few comeback mechanisms but out value them heavily.  Sometimes vs aggro match ups you just have to accept a brutal loss.  Sometimes druids and paladins snow ball the board so hard you can't beat it.  It happens.  call to arms can be back breaking if you don't have an immediate answer, especially since it is usually followed up by a creeper.  Druids can have turn 1-2 plays that basically make the game unwinnable, it sucks but you have to accept it and move on.  A big part of improving is realizing when a game was unwinable and realizing when you lost because of sub optimal plays.  It is a deceptively hard skill to learn.

Edit:  I am far too tired to be replying to stuff like this, didn't realize there was a second page, you can disregard the above post, it is a lot less relevant (saw positiv was replying to stuff in this thread and was like hey look I'll throw in my 2 cents).  

Edited by VaraTreledees

i dont understand why i am having an absolutely horrible time with this deck. against control decks i can never keep my minions alive to do any damage, which leaves me unable to kill them due to the lack of burn cards. aluneth feels really awkward for me because of the amount of card generation we have which ends up burning many many of my draws and almost always results in fatigue loss.

its so reliant on the opening mulligan to have a chance, and even on the rare occasion i do get a good opening hand, the enemy just clears the board afterwards and its like nothing happened. just based on experience, this deck has a horrible time controlling the board despite its tempo nature

On Sunday, January 07, 2018 at 9:22 AM, daadaadaaren said:

i dont understand why i am having an absolutely horrible time with this deck. against control decks i can never keep my minions alive to do any damage, which leaves me unable to kill them due to the lack of burn cards. aluneth feels really awkward for me because of the amount of card generation we have which ends up burning many many of my draws and almost always results in fatigue loss.

its so reliant on the opening mulligan to have a chance, and even on the rare occasion i do get a good opening hand, the enemy just clears the board afterwards and its like nothing happened. just based on experience, this deck has a horrible time controlling the board despite its tempo nature

Yes I feel I just wasted my dusts too:D  I always have cards in hand but never can use them n yes I got problems with keeping minions,board n etc too because u can win with this if u control the board for all the time... which means u fill the board n then u get some new cards with your draw-card cards or cards which add spells for elements u played...  but this never gonna be happen this deck is so weak at controlling n control warlocks n priests are doing better than this... I can't talk about this deck ! u just to play it to see how bad it is... it looked cool for me n I was excited to build it but after I built I just won 1or2 matches between every 30!!! I already changed many cards maybe some changes but I still lose so I just left playing it.. still having fun with aggro secret deck n win many matches with a cheap non legendary deck :D

• Sad 1

Guys many people say this deck sucks pls remove it from top 3 n don't let people waste their dusts:') for real I used the deck in site n also orginal one from blizzard n also my own elemental decks but no one of them worked! I even can't get out of R19 with it but with my aggro secret (for me it's non-legendary non-kara deck lol) I got R13 in a day n Stucked at it because of damn control warlocks n priests which means u can't go deep with mage btw I don't know much about big spells mage(I just faced them n didn't play the deck) but I saw they aren't something very good too...  RIP mages^^'

• Sad 1

Well...

Every single deck in this website is created over a synergy, and tried by different mods. HOWEVER, this doesn't guarantee that, this will butcher whatever you see on ladder. Why?

1) Ladder is full of either aggro decks which beats anything that tries to go on curve. If your opponent plays 6 minions in one turn and you try to answer it with 1 big one, you lose the game. And the other decks are either warlocks, which feeds on this, thanks to its insane DK, or priests, about which I can't comment. This is about the power level of the deck.

2) You guys make mistakes, this deck (and many others) are very complicated to pilot and requires different approach in different matchups. You might make a mistake or two there.

3) Try to check what's powerful on different tier lists, try HSReplay (by far the best), VS, Toast, and Tempostorm (less viable than the rest), and use your dust wisely maybe. You'll see that, only mage deck which might have a chance of consistently winning a game is secret mage. Maybe refer to those websites before you leap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 10:14 PM, MZLICH said:

Guys many people say this deck sucks pls remove it from top 3 n don't let people waste their dusts:') for real I used the deck in site n also orginal one from blizzard n also my own elemental decks but no one of them worked! I even can't get out of R19 with it but with my aggro secret (for me it's non-legendary non-kara deck lol) I got R13 in a day n Stucked at it because of damn control warlocks n priests which means u can't go deep with mage btw I don't know much about big spells mage(I just faced them n didn't play the deck) but I saw they aren't something very good too...  RIP mages^^'

If you play again, can you post some replays? Maybe we can help....

However, clearly Elemental Mage is not a top tier deck.

On 1/12/2018 at 2:30 PM, FanOfValeera said:

Well...

Every single deck in this website is created over a synergy, and tried by different mods. HOWEVER, this doesn't guarantee that, this will butcher whatever you see on ladder. Why?

1) Ladder is full of either aggro decks which beats anything that tries to go on curve. If your opponent plays 6 minions in one turn and you try to answer it with 1 big one, you lose the game. And the other decks are either warlocks, which feeds on this, thanks to its insane DK, or priests, about which I can't comment. This is about the power level of the deck.

2) You guys make mistakes, this deck (and many others) are very complicated to pilot and requires different approach in different matchups. You might make a mistake or two there.

3) Try to check what's powerful on different tier lists, try HSReplay (by far the best), VS, Toast, and Tempostorm (less viable than the rest), and use your dust wisely maybe. You'll see that, only mage deck which might have a chance of consistently winning a game is secret mage. Maybe refer to those websites before you leap.

So much this.  The main problem with ele mage right now, in general, is that it is a value deck, and there really isn't a place in the meta for value decks like this.  Cube lock and jade druid straight up out value you in the long game, or combo/tempo you out, raza priest combos you out before your value really starts to kick in, aggro and tempo decks usually go under your curve and you have very few catch up mechanisms so you tend to lose to them as well.  Not saying that this deck isn't viable to hit rank 5 with, it absolutely is, it is just much worse then the tier 1 and tier 2 decks.  

On a side note, I much prefer tempo storm over the other 3, VS, HSReplay and probably toast (haven't used this one before) are all data driven (assumption with toast could be wrong on that one), and without an API data driven analysis in HS is inherently unreliable, plus it doesn't take into account things like player skill (in other words, things like highlander priest tend to have much lower win rates statistically then the actual power of the deck, because it is a hard deck to pilot optimally).  I think there are uses for data driven analysis, but it isn't the be all end all to the meta, where as TS's lists are done by high legend streamers, and tends to reflect the actual power level of decks to a much higher degree (that being said, there is also something to be said in the reverse, that lists curated by people much better then us are less relevant to the every day player then more data driven analysis, which is what the "average" player at these ranks can more or less expect from any given deck).  

56 minutes ago, VaraTreledees said:

So much this.  The main problem with ele mage right now, in general, is that it is a value deck, and there really isn't a place in the meta for value decks like this.  Cube lock and jade druid straight up out value you in the long game, or combo/tempo you out, raza priest combos you out before your value really starts to kick in, aggro and tempo decks usually go under your curve and you have very few catch up mechanisms so you tend to lose to them as well.  Not saying that this deck isn't viable to hit rank 5 with, it absolutely is, it is just much worse then the tier 1 and tier 2 decks.  

On a side note, I much prefer tempo storm over the other 3, VS, HSReplay and probably toast (haven't used this one before) are all data driven (assumption with toast could be wrong on that one), and without an API data driven analysis in HS is inherently unreliable, plus it doesn't take into account things like player skill (in other words, things like highlander priest tend to have much lower win rates statistically then the actual power of the deck, because it is a hard deck to pilot optimally).  I think there are uses for data driven analysis, but it isn't the be all end all to the meta, where as TS's lists are done by high legend streamers, and tends to reflect the actual power level of decks to a much higher degree (that being said, there is also something to be said in the reverse, that lists curated by people much better then us are less relevant to the every day player then more data driven analysis, which is what the "average" player at these ranks can more or less expect from any given deck).  

This is the difference between HSReplay and VS I think. If you go premium in HSReplay, it gives winrates at every single rank, so you can see what is common in your rank and pick your poison. Also, we can safely assume that, legend rank has better players than Rank 10. For VS, you are completely right, but HSR is pretty good at giving a hint of what to expect.

Again, RDU once said that, if you play this game enough, you don't need a tier list, you can probably see what's best. I am not as strict as him, but he definitely has a point.

didnt have all  the cards so i swapped in 2 arcane artificers for the babbling books astormwatcher for one servant of kalimos

and a water elemental n a demented frost caller for the 2 leyline manipulators

22 casual games 15 wins  2 ealy consedes which dont realy count the 5 times it lost was it was proty much against 1st class ranking decks full of legends n even then it was close call games no total defeats encountered

feel arcane artificers are a far better choise than babbleing books letting you build a good cusion of armour usefull against high tempo decks because they allow recovery once you have board control

Edited by PCplayer
typo
  • Like 1

I'm glad to see others playing Elemental Mage, I thought I'm the only one :D

Normally I would not suggest to use Arcane Artificer but I had several games where I picked it from Servant of Kalimos and the result was surprisingly good :D

But I will not include it in my deck I think.

@Pesty I think you should work a bit on this deck. The current deck list makes no sense imo. I know it's not a top tier deck  but I like it :)

First of all Aluneth is making the deck worse, you already have so much card generation. You always have a lot of cards in hand or already won by the time you could play Aluneth or you have not many cards left in your deck anyway.

I'm not sure about Sorcerer's Apprentice your spells are already cheap and even though it might come in handy the overall value of it in this deck is pretty low imo.

I'm not a great fan of Tol'vir Stoneshaper it messes up the elemental line too often but that's just preference, I guess.

Edited by Caldyrvan

Guest Leo

I know that this is a little late but I have been using this deck on the ladder because I had some Unguro packs lying around and pulled a pyros and I already had Jaina.  I immediately went on a 6 win streak and am now 10/4.  I was wondering if putting the quest in there would work, because of the spellstones, and the 2/1 elemental that puts a spell in your hand.  Thank you.

On 27.02.2018 at 11:54 PM, Guest Leo said:

I know that this is a little late but I have been using this deck on the ladder because I had some Unguro packs lying around and pulled a pyros and I already had Jaina.  I immediately went on a 6 win streak and am now 10/4.  I was wondering if putting the quest in there would work, because of the spellstones, and the 2/1 elemental that puts a spell in your hand.  Thank you.

I don't think so. I mean, even if you somehow complete the quest, that extra turn might be useless without Antonidas or Giants.

Only place it might work is where you finish the quest and somehow create a huge board. You can attack with all of them twice, maybe get a win like that. But that won't happen often.

• Like 1

I agree, it might work sometimes but not often and overall making the deck more inconsistent. What players often forget about quests is that you start with one card in your hand that is doing nothing where it could be a Mana Wyrm to contest the board or a Frostbolt you might need.

Super casual player here. Do you guys think it's worth having Harrison Jones or any of the oozes in this deck? Given that a lot of decks in the meta include annoying weapons (Thief rogue, even/odd/really any paladin) I was just thinking through it, even though it means breaking up the elemental synergy a little. 

Also, I don't have the dust for glyphs atm, looking for something fun to add in place. Currently have Toki in there, is that a good choice?

Edited by ScentOfaWookie

3 hours ago, ScentOfaWookie said:

Super casual player here. Do you guys think it's worth having Harrison Jones or any of the oozes in this deck? Given that a lot of decks in the meta include annoying weapons (Thief rogue, even/odd/really any paladin) I was just thinking through it, even though it means breaking up the elemental synergy a little. 

Also, I don't have the dust for glyphs atm, looking for something fun to add in place. Currently have Toki in there, is that a good choice?

If you are facing a lot of weapon-reliant decks, tech cards against these are a worthwhile inclusion to the deck. I would recommend minions with lower mana cost. 

Yes, Toki, Time-Tinker is a good swap for Primordial Glyphs, but you might still want to get those, as the value from Toki is not as good as the flexibility from Glyphs. If you are missing both, Toki and anti-weapon tech sound great as temporary swaps.

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

If you are facing a lot of weapon-reliant decks, tech cards against these are a worthwhile inclusion to the deck. I would recommend minions with lower mana cost. 

Yes, Toki, Time-Tinker is a good swap for Primordial Glyphs, but you might still want to get those, as the value from Toki is not as good as the flexibility from Glyphs. If you are missing both, Toki and anti-weapon tech sound great as temporary swaps.

Thank you so much for the tip! I've been meaning to get the glyphs, but have found myself spending dust on the next thing I look up on this site.

Guest Quackas

What card would you drop if you had a Gold Baron Geddon you wanted to add to this?

8 hours ago, Guest Quackas said:

What card would you drop if you had a Gold Baron Geddon you wanted to add to this?

I found the Tol'vir Stoneshaper to be kind of disruptive in the Elemental synergy, so I've swapped him out for a Flamestrike. I suppose Baron Geddon would serve the same function, although since this is a minion-heavy archetype it could potentially work against you by killing off your other minions.

Edited by ScentOfaWookie