Damien

Giant Miracle Rogue Standard

19 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Giant Miracle Rogue Standard deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi just like the questing miracle rogue where it had another form of win condition, could this deck possibly fit in Leeroy and Cold Blood?

Edited by Supermonkey
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Supermonkey said:

Hi just like the questing miracle rogue where it had another form of win condition, could this deck possibly fit in Leeroy and Cold Blood?

If you really want to include Leeroy Jenkins and second Cold Blood, you could remove cards that don't work for you well. In my case it would be one Mimic Pod and one Vilespine Slayer, but since this deck is fairly new, it is not yet refined, so you can remove almost any card that you do not have or like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I really like the inclusion of shadowstep, cutting the si7 isn't the biggest of deals and it synergize well with the deck. One question i have is if patches really is worth having in the deck? I was thinking of cutting him for something like xaril and was wondering hat your thoughts are on that :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Fruitzy said:

Hi,

I really like the inclusion of shadowstep, cutting the si7 isn't the biggest of deals and it synergize well with the deck. One question i have is if patches really is worth having in the deck? I was thinking of cutting him for something like xaril and was wondering hat your thoughts are on that :).

I think Xaril would be fine in the deck. Patches serves three purposes that are often overstated by streamers and players, but that are actually very relevant in this deck. Firstly it thins out your deck when pulled out by the Swashburglar. As you draw a lot of cards in this deck, that means that on the draw where you would have drawn Patches, you draw something more meaningful instead of whatever you replace Patches with. Secondly, Patches is a good early defense against Pirate Warrior. Getting two 1 health minions on turn one can be a lifesaver there. Thirdly, Patches is actually really good as a combo activator with various cards in the deck.

I definitely wouldn't argue against experimenting with Xaril though, the two spells you will get will have a lot of value. I just figured I'd let you know what you are giving up to try it. I'll likely give it a go myself on the next pass through as I like Xaril in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've looked at and counted the deck above and it seems to be 1 card short. I keep coming up with 29 instead of 30. Not sure as which card it is missing and atm I replaced it with a Undercity Huckster.

So what is missing and what should I replace him with.

 

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Umbradomo said:

I've looked at and counted the deck above and it seems to be 1 card short. I keep coming up with 29 instead of 30. Not sure as which card it is missing and atm I replaced it with a Undercity Huckster.

So what is missing and what should I replace him with.

 

Thanks,

There are 8 1-ofs in the deck, so it has to be an even number.

Patches, Bloodmage, Sherazin, Mimic Pod, Sap, Edwin, Shadowstep, Cold Blood.

Check those ones first :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about you guys but this deck gets run down. Miracle is not what it used to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Newcommer said:

I don't know about you guys but this deck gets run down. Miracle is not what it used to be. 

The playstyle of miracle rogues changed yet again. It will probably take you some time to get used to it, but I believe that your winrate will increase. But yes, miracle is indeed not as strong as it used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

you can't use it to rank up. you can draw better and early with Novice Engineer and shadow step.

actually Hallucination it's not a good option alone , this card greatly sinergyze into a face deck , combo with Obsidian Shard --> and Luckydo Buccaneer , Deadly Poison , and Swashburglar you can have a 9/9 without waiting a "good" turn. 

doing this you open a possibility to play also --> Assassin's Blade x1 this is a nice output dmg for cheap decks. 4/3 are 20 dmg.  

you can play this : Lotus Assassin , very versatile and probably you can close the game with a double Cold Blood and way better trades if played 1x in the same deck of a  Leeroy Jenkins

auctioneer is dead with the 6 mana cost nerf. i will play it X1.

Arcane Giant is a good card , try to use Shiv instead of Mimic Pod. you need to draw your own cards.... yes this is good if u double a giant , but... it's very rare....IF you get a doubled auctioneer/fan of knives? you've just lost. i prefer also x1 of Shadow Strike....instead of the mimic.. mimic just make lose one turn , you play it because you need to draw. and you don't need to double a card , you need to draw 2 different cards.

if u play arcane giants , why Vilespine Slayer x2? i will get a x1 , and put in a x1 of Assassinate , a spell.. :)

Edited by OroNerVoSo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

you can't use it to rank up. you can draw better and early with Novice Engineer and shadow step.

actually Hallucination it's not a good option alone , this card greatly sinergyze into a face deck , combo with Obsidian Shard --> and Luckydo Buccaneer , Deadly Poison , and Swashburglar you can have a 9/9 without waiting a "good" turn. 

doing this you open a possibility to play also --> Assassin's Blade x1 this is a nice output dmg for cheap decks. 4/3 are 20 dmg.  

you can play this : Lotus Assassin , very versatile and probably you can close the game with a double Cold Blood and way better trades if played 1x in the same deck of a  Leeroy Jenkins

auctioneer is dead with the 6 mana cost nerf. i will play it X1.

Arcane Giant is a good card , try to use Shiv instead of Mimic Pod. you need to draw your own cards.... yes this is good if u double a giant , but... it's very rare....IF you get a doubled auctioneer/fan of knives? you've just lost. i prefer also x1 of Shadow Strike....instead of the mimic.. mimic just make lose one turn , you play it because you need to draw. and you don't need to double a card , you need to draw 2 different cards.

if u play arcane giants , why Vilespine Slayer x2? i will get a x1 , and put in a x1 of Assassinate , a spell.. :)

I dont know to whom this was a response, but...

There is no way you cut an Auctioneer, as it is the only way you can draw cards. And it is the core of the deck. That card is why we call this miracle rogue. Abd even though after nerf, it saw significantly less play, with all cheap spells, it is insane.

Also Hallucinate is good to use with Auctioneer.

Assassinate is a terrible card, Vilespine Slayer also has a body. 

Dont worry about Giant, with all these spells, its going to be cheap anyways.

Also, this deck reached rank 1 legend in China, and it is getting more and more common in ladder every single day.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

I dont know to whom this was a response, but...

There is no way you cut an Auctioneer, as it is the only way you can draw cards. And it is the core of the deck. That card is why we call this miracle rogue. Abd even though after nerf, it saw significantly less play, with all cheap spells, it is insane.

Also Hallucinate is good to use with Auctioneer.

Assassinate is a terrible card, Vilespine Slayer also has a body. 

Dont worry about Giant, with all these spells, its going to be cheap anyways.

Also, this deck reached rank 1 legend in China, and it is getting more and more common in ladder every single day.

so i think the problem it's just it works better on higher ranks , because with this i never come out of rank 20 :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

you can draw better and early with Novice Engineer and shadow step.

Using Shadowstep on Novice Engineer doesn't grant you an additional card, as you are using the Shadowstep to cycle itself, and you need to have two cards in your hand in order to be able to do that, which is obviously not really that good.

4 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

actually Hallucination it's not a good option alone , this card greatly sinergyze into a face deck , combo with Obsidian Shard --> and Luckydo Buccaneer , Deadly Poison , and Swashburglar you can have a 9/9 without waiting a "good" turn. 

Hallucination is indeed not great alone (but it's not garbage either), but with Gadgetzan Auctioneer and many combo cards in the deck, it has great synergy with the deck and deserves at least one copy.
Obsidian Shard gets countered with Acidic Swamp Ooze, making Luckydo Buccaneer combo reliant on your previous draw a lot more. Besides, it would require you to get rid of at least 4 cards, which is not something I would recommend, as the combo is not strong enough to deserve 4 spots in the deck, let alone more with both Deadly Poison and Obsidian Shard. A different build containing this combo might come later, but it does not fit into this deck.

4 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

you can play this : Lotus Assassin , very versatile and probably you can close the game with a double Cold Blood and way better trades if played 1x in the same deck of a  Leeroy Jenkins

Lotus Assassin does not fit into this deck. 
Leeroy Jenkins is not supposed to trade. It is a finisher, and deals 10 damage with Cold Blood, only for 6 mana, which is great value and definitely a swap to consider.

4 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

auctioneer is dead with the 6 mana cost nerf. i will play it X1.

The nerf happened like 2 years ago. Also, look at how many 1- and 0-cost spells this deck runs, let alone with Preparation and Mimic Pod being able to give you even more low-cost spells, allowing you to cycle a ton, even when you are at 6 or 7 mana.

4 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

Arcane Giant is a good card , try to use Shiv instead of Mimic Pod. you need to draw your own cards

Please, read the description of Mimic Pod.

4 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

if u play arcane giants , why Vilespine Slayer x2? i will get a x1 , and put in a x1 of Assassinate , a spell

Vilespine Slayer provides you with tempo, your main resource, while also not giving you a card disadvantage. Assassinate can do only one of these. And with so many spells in the deck, you do not care about one spell more, let alone a situational spell like Assassinate.

4 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

you can't use it to rank up

Eloise reached rank 1 legend. I'm fairly certain the deck is good enough. A bit complicated, but definitely not bad.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i will try it back , thank you for your explanation

but i still have fear of mimic pod ,  if it doubles an auctioneer you have lost...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OroNerVoSo said:

i will try it back , thank you for your explanation

but i still have fear of mimic pod ,  if it doubles an auctioneer you have lost...

It can be an issue against more aggressive decks, but against control, triple Gadgetzan Auctioneer will help you a lot. You can afford to play them all, and you certainly need to finish faster, which means you need more cards, and Gadgetzan Auctioneer is the ultimate drawing power in this deck. Besides, copying Arcane Giant is just as likely as copying Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

It can be an issue against more aggressive decks, but against control, triple Gadgetzan Auctioneer will help you a lot. You can afford to play them all, and you certainly need to finish faster, which means you need more cards, and Gadgetzan Auctioneer is the ultimate drawing power in this deck. Besides, copying Arcane Giant is just as likely as copying Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

thank you again for another explanation... i remember i was used to play also those 2 variations Questing Adventurer and Mana Addict both in x1... are them still viable in a deck like this ?

Edited by OroNerVoSo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OroNerVoSo said:

thank you again for another explanation... i remember i was used to play also those 2 variations Questing Adventurer and Mana Addict both in x1... are them still viable in a deck like this ?

Mana Addict is not good enough in any miracle builds I have seen recently.
While Questing Adventurer does not fit into this build, as it chooses to run Arcane Giants as its main threat, it can be played in different builds. Sadly, none are available at the moment on our site, but L0rinda is going to add one soon-ish, so make sure to check back every now and then.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By L0rinda

      Year of the Mammoth Arena Guide now available!
      Our Arena Guide has been updated by Pesty, to fully reflect the format for The Year of the Mammoth.
      As well as the new tier list for classes, the guide addresses each class in detail, so that you can get the most out of your Arena draft. It also discusses which Mana curves work well with which class, and how to pick on your opponents' likely weaknesses.
      The new Tier List is shown below:
      Tier 1 (Excellent): Mage, Rogue Tier 2 (Great): Paladin, Hunter Tier 3 (Good): Druid, Priest, Shaman, Warlock, Tier 4 (Average): Warrior For any feedback or questions about this guide, check out our Hearthstone General Discussion Forum, or comment in this thread.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Marksmanship Hunter guide for Legion.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Demonology Warlock guide for Legion.
    • By Elodar
      Hey Gang, would you mind looking at my logs and let me know where I can improve my rotation as an assassination rogue.  I notice that all of my best logs have a significant amount of Poison Bomb and I don't like praying to RNJesus.  I am hoping there are some things I can do to hit top dps.  
      Here is my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Elodar/simple.  I know my Mastery is low but lately I have had crap luck on drops.  One of the options I have to bring up my Mastery is to drop Insignia of Ravenholdt +Well Flattened Wristguards and change to Denial of Half Giants + an 890 Spellblades Gemmed Signet but Denial is a sub rogue legendary.  This brings my agility to 34248, mastery to 137%, and my crit to 28%.  I tried running this combo with the higher mastery and did not feel like I was doing more dps even though the Sims say I should.  
       
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dF3qCynDbvGrVAh6#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=186  This is one of my better logs where I think I did most thing correct.  Please look at this and let me know if there is something I am missing.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Rogue Standard Un'Goro deck.