FORUMS
Damien

Dragon Priest Deck List

Guest Hearthnood

I dont have Deathwing and I dont really wanna craft him. What would you suggest for a replacement

2 hours ago, Guest Hearthnood said:

I dont have Deathwing and I dont really wanna craft him. What would you suggest for a replacement

Second Primordial Drake would be the best replacement, however any other Dragon is reasonable just to give you more consistency with your Battlcries is also fine.

• Thanks 1

Guest 0ctagon

I have been running this deck for a couple of days and I haven't once used Deathwing with any real success; I have thrown it out as a last resort a few times but it failed to help me turn the match around in each of these instances. I am going to swap it out for Ysera as I think this is an all-round better card - you can put it out a turn earlier and and you gain resources for your hand instead of throwing cards away. I can't see what the argument would be for running Deathwing as opposed to other late-game dragons - then again I'm not a great player so maybe I'm missing something!

32 minutes ago, Guest 0ctagon said:

I have been running this deck for a couple of days and I haven't once used Deathwing with any real success; I have thrown it out as a last resort a few times but it failed to help me turn the match around in each of these instances. I am going to swap it out for Ysera as I think this is an all-round better card - you can put it out a turn earlier and and you gain resources for your hand instead of throwing cards away. I can't see what the argument would be for running Deathwing as opposed to other late-game dragons - then again I'm not a great player so maybe I'm missing something!

Deathwing is indeed a card that can be swapped in and out based on meta and personal preference. Players usually play him at a wrong time, but if you don't want to learn or if you believe you play him correctly, Ysera is fine as a big dragon swap.

Guest 0ctagon

The times I've found it necessary to play him, it has been when I have no board presence or am heavily outnumbered on the board to the point where I'm going to be killed imminently, and I have nothing else in my hand that is going to help me regain the board. This deck is pretty spell-heavy so occasionally, through sheer bad luck, you end up with no minions in your hand. Maybe I am not playing Deathwing at exactly the right time but it seems like a complete last resort for this deck because whenever you are playing him, you're going to be throwing away a fair number of cards - cards which are probably going to include some of the ones you need to set up your winning combo. In which case, you're putting all your eggs in one basket for a 12/12 minion and you're going to have to be pretty lucky to draw into anything else that is going to help you significantly.

I would appreciate any tips on how to use Deathwing better, but I think I'm happy to go for Ysera with this deck for a few reasons: she can provide you with some useful tools, she is hard to remove if your opponent doesn't have a transform effect, plus she falls between the two Priest removal cards (I have found myself in a lot of Priest vs Priest matches lately).

Hi, thanks for this deck, I'm currently having tons of fun on ladder with it due to the spike in Mages. However, I went 15-7 today and 4 of these losses were to Token Shaman, even though according to the meta reports I should be wiping the floor with it. I only squeezed out 1 win, because I drew both Dragonfires and the Primordial Drake on turns 6, 7 and 8. Any other situations were pretty much unwinnable for me after the Shaman has Evolved his Doppelgangsters and Devolved my 8/8 Radiant Elemental.

Am I just bad? Is there another trick to winning this matchup, beyond drawing clears in time? Should I be trying to remove as many things as possible as I've been doing or just try to get in face damage and wait for board clear value? Thanks!

6 hours ago, slampisko said:

Am I just bad? Is there another trick to winning this matchup, beyond drawing clears in time? Should I be trying to remove as many things as possible as I've been doing or just try to get in face damage and wait for board clear value? Thanks!

You should try to keep the board clear in order to reduce the danger of strong Evolve and a game-ending Bloodlust. You should be able to outlast the shaman. 
Against shamans, you usually want to keep your combo in hand until you have lethal (unless the shaman has empty hand or has used his removals already), because Hex and Devolve can pretty much screw you over.

Also, 5 games is not really a big statistical sample, and you could have lost because of RNG as well, as that's what Evolve is about.

Evolve and Doppelgangster can be incredibly nasty, since there is nothing you can do if he plays both of them on Turn 6. If he gets lucky with the minions they evolve to there is not that much you can do against it.

But often his minions aren't the best and that he gets the combo quite early in the game isn't that likely.

Edited by Guest

Guest Boozer

I was hoping for a revival of dragon priest in Kobods n Catacombs. But after playing a bit with different varations, my conclusion is thats its too weak. Works like a charm against most rush decks but against most other decks, its a guaranteed loss.

Sadly we are still in cancer heavy meta. But don't worry ppl will always try to play the worst but most successful decks over those being a bit more fun.

Edited by Caldyrvan

5 hours ago, Guest Boozer said:

I was hoping for a revival of dragon priest in Kobods n Catacombs. But after playing a bit with different varations, my conclusion is thats its too weak. Works like a charm against most rush decks but against most other decks, its a guaranteed loss.

You'll have your revival in April, when Raza the Chained rotates out.

3 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

You'll have your revival in April, when Raza the Chained rotates out.

And Dragonfire Potion and Drakonid Operative rotating out as well. The Devs are simply stupid by letting raza and anduin be in the same rotation but release new dragon cards while the relevant ones will leave making a dragon deck no longer viable (well, depending on the next set) but it doesn't really matter most are anyway playing an Inner Fire+Divine Spirit deck hiding it with a few dragon cards.

Guest Boozer
On 10-12-2017 at 8:59 PM, Caldyrvan said:

And Dragonfire Potion and Drakonid Operative rotating out as well. The Devs are simply stupid by letting raza and anduin be in the same rotation but release new dragon cards while the relevant ones will leave making a dragon deck no longer viable (well, depending on the next set) but it doesn't really matter most are anyway playing an Inner Fire+Divine Spirit deck hiding it with a few dragon cards.

What rotates out, is not so relevant since dragon priest (with or without inner fire combo) is unplayable at the moment.

Guest John
On 1/3/2018 at 12:16 PM, Guest Boozer said:

What rotates out, is not so relevant since dragon priest (with or without inner fire combo) is unplayable at the moment.

Lol are you serious? I made it to rank 2 in the last week of the season with this deck. You just need more practice.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest guest said:

Any replacements for Netherspite Historian? 

Netherspite Historian provides great value together with satisfactory tempo. While I would recommend getting the card, you might temporarily replace it with mid-range or early game minions like Cobalt Scalebane or Radiant Elemental.

2 hours ago, FulmineRosso said:

What does it mean: " reach rank 16 Legend " Was he Legend rank or Rank 16?

When you reach Legend rank a different rank counting begins (a ladder ranking above the normal ladder ranking) looking like this:

30t15qh.png

But you don't get any more or better loot chest rewards than you get for reaching legend rank.

With the legend rankings having more than a thousand ranks, 16 can be considered as very very high.

That means the deck is most likely very good and or the player has no life and too much time to grind it out :D

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 2