FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Maxiedaxie

Bm hunter hotfix, worst then u thought

• Cobra Commander’s Sneaky Snakes (Artifact trait) damage increased by 25%.
  • Thunderslash (Artifact trait) damage reduced by 50%.
  • Thunderslash (Artifact trait) deals 30% less damage with the Dire Frenzy talent.

seriously .....................

so basically CC will now do 3.75maybe instead of the 3%?  BM should have been compensated better for such a huge nerf, rather than getting an overall damage nerf". Because that's where the issue is, really.

here is my log for heroic gul tonight, before the nerf, but TS is only doing 3.37 from my main pet and 2.08 from hati . I honestly don't think it's that bad that need this much of a nerf. The issue at hand is that for a 1 point nongolden trait it was too good. Which I agree but as mention a 25% buff to CC is no compensation

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Nq2TQVZhLkBdn16w/#view=analytical&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24126337122.0.0.Hunter%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24126337122.0.0.Hunter%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24-243042&type=damage-done&source=15

Edited by Maxiedaxie

I think Blizzard have some problem with BM. All time nerfing a class which is hardly in middle of the pack as DPS and it is all time a target for nerfs.

I was about to enjoy my char after Thunderslash but it seems they have ruined it again. GG Blizz

This is probably their idiotic way of responding to the tremendous nerf of the MM Unerring Arrow's trait.

I do not understand why two wrongs would make it right, but that must be blizz logic. Both spec's should be performing a whole lot better on ST dps as a pure dps class, but hey they don't play hunter I guess. :(

This nerf was both excpected and very positive, Thunderslash was extremely overtuned and almost changed the way the spec plays and made it basicly revolve around AOTW. which made the spec basicly even more dumbed down than before. 

I'm however expecting a buff to cobra commander as it still is very undertuned in comparison to other classes. ( And i actually think blizzard is going to buff it)

29 minutes ago, AartS said:

Both spec's should be performing a whole lot better on ST dps as a pure dps class, but hey they don't play hunter I guess. :(

BM is really good ST.

How do you tell if this has been implemented in Ask mr robot/sims? Pretty sure it is b/c my dps dropped about 25-30k but i am trying to figure out what changes i need to make for tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Najjic said:

This nerf was both excpected and very positive, Thunderslash was extremely overtuned and almost changed the way the spec plays and made it basicly revolve around AOTW. which made the spec basicly even more dumbed down than before. 

I'm however expecting a buff to cobra commander as it still is very undertuned in comparison to other classes. ( And i actually think blizzard is going to buff it)

1) The bracers & trinket combo were almost tied with shoulders and it was a great way to play the game, you got a lot out of Killer Cobra and you got the added Thunderslash damage. It wasn't even overtuned that much it was only around 10% dps increase. Which tbh, BM needed. It was RIDICULOUSLY OP on cleave though, which I feel is what the nerf should've actually targetted.

2) They did buff Cobra Commander, by 25%. Which is barely anything to make up for the massive dps loss we're about to cop from the Thunderslash nerf. Thunderslash was the equivalent of our golden, it's just time to wait and see now whether they buff Cobra Commander even more or just nerf us again after a week of feeling like gods.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banard said:

How do you tell if this has been implemented in Ask mr robot/sims? Pretty sure it is b/c my dps dropped about 25-30k but i am trying to figure out what changes i need to make for tonight. 

Changes aren't implemented until after the reset. Pretty much just going to be back to stomp from my understanding.

3 minutes ago, Luthixx said:

Changes aren't implemented until after the reset. Pretty much just going to be back to stomp from my understanding.

something is up...was siming in the 858-866 range and now down to the 829-838 range. (settings are all set the same)

Just now, Banard said:

something is up...was siming in the 858-866 range and now down to the 829-838 range. (settings are all set the same)

Not a clue to be honest, I haven't seen any noticeable difference in my dps and I've done about 10 M+10 today and still smoked the dps even on AoE.

1 minute ago, Luthixx said:

Not a clue to be honest, I haven't seen any noticeable difference in my dps and I've done about 10 M+10 today and still smoked the dps even on AoE.

it was a hotfix...dont need a reset...these changes are already in live but tooltip has not been changed. These changed were added yesterday. 

Just now, Banard said:

it was a hotfix...dont need a reset...these changes are already in live but tooltip has not been changed. These changed were added yesterday. 

Are you sure? I've not felt like my dps went down at all today :s

Still managing to use Thunderslash to aoe the crap out of everything and haven't felt the change at all.

6 minutes ago, Luthixx said:

Are you sure? I've not felt like my dps went down at all today :s

Still managing to use Thunderslash to aoe the crap out of everything and haven't felt the change at all.

BEEP BEEPIGN BEEP Luthixx no i am not sure that is why i am asking! !!!!! :P

I am sure my ask mr robot sims are down....i am sure what i read on MMO chamption about hotfix already being implemented....but that person might be not know his arse from a hole in the ground. I have No idea. 

thunderslash on ask mr robot is doing about 1.3% of my damage for my pet and 1.3% of my damage for hati. .....i cannot remember what it did before but i think this is lower. 

Switching from belts to bracers/trinket last week (and couple more items same ilevel different stats) increased my dps by almost 100k...

but it still sims higher then the other option by 30kish....

What i am trying to figure out is this accurate or has it been implemented in sims...i am pretty sure its live...hence the term "hotfix" and not patch. 

Edited by Banard

Damage

= 0.5 * TotalAttackPower * TotalPetDamageMultiplier if CurrentPet = Hati = Damage * 1.15 if CurrentPet = MainPet = Damage * 0.6 if HasTalent(DireFrenzy) = Damage * 0.7

hmmm........that looks changed....

Edited by Banard

Just now, Banard said:

BEEP BEEPIGN BEEP Luthixx no i am not sure that is why i am asking! !!!!! :P

I am sure my ask mr robot sims are down....i am sure what i read on MMO chamption about hotfix already being implemented....but that person might be not know his arse from a hole in the ground. I have No idea. 

thunderslash on ask mr robot is doing about 1.3% of my damage for my pet and 1.3% of my damage for hati. .....i cannot remember what it did before but i think this is lower. 

Switching from belts to bracers/trinket last week (and couple more items same ilevel different stats) increased my dps by almost 100k....now its a increase of 30k....

but it still sims higher then the other option by 30kish....

What i am trying to figure out is this accurate or has it been implemented in sims...i am pretty sure its live...hence the term "hotfix" and not patch. 

Hmmm... well AMR seems to be updated with it as it's giving me the same sort of reading. This morning my AMR sims were 880k and it's down to 815 now, but with deathstrike venom at 7% and thunderslash at a total of 4%... and it seems to drop by 30k if I swap out to Stomp, and that lowers my Thunderslash damage too.

Looking like it's still good to run with the same setup, just a little bit of a nerf...

General

Damage

= TotalAttackPower * TotalPetDamageMultiplier if CurrentPet = Hati = Damage * 1.15 if CurrentPet = MainPet = Damage * 0.6

what it been before....yup changed is implemented in ask mr robot

Edited by Banard

2 minutes ago, Luthixx said:

Hmmm... well AMR seems to be updated with it as it's giving me the same sort of reading. This morning my AMR sims were 880k and it's down to 815 now, but with deathstrike venom at 7% and thunderslash at a total of 4%... and it seems to drop by 30k if I swap out to Stomp, and that lowers my Thunderslash damage too.

Looking like it's still good to run with the same setup, just a little bit of a nerf...

ya i am sitting in 830's with current set up. If i switch back i am 800's.....

Assuming there is no error in the damage calc (see link above). 

I was finally happy with single target dps on Botanist Mythic Progression ( after having downed Krosus struggling so hard more than one month ago ) using thunderslahs in combo with bracers and trinket . Then ofc i found out this today . 

Thats nosense thinking we are a pure dps class spec . 

I expected everything except a nerf tbh . Srsly Blizz . 

Playing already  a toon not having the fucking damned shoulders ... meh .. Gz on tune again 

38 minutes ago, KratosSM said:

I was finally happy with single target dps on Botanist Mythic Progression ( after having downed Krosus struggling so hard more than one month ago ) using thunderslahs in combo with bracers and trinket . Then ofc i found out this today . 

Thats nosense thinking we are a pure dps class spec . 

I expected everything except a nerf tbh . Srsly Blizz . 

Playing already  a toon not having the fucking damned shoulders ... meh .. Gz on tune again 

can't read above? It looks worst then it is...it was OP and needed a nerf.

same ilevel with 1 artifact point + 1 talent+ 1 leggo and trinket change was over 50-100k dps increase. 

bracers/trinket still are the best choice...BiS combo. 

10 hours ago, Luthixx said:

WHAT!?! Was finally beginning to actually be competitive again without the shoulders and now you ruin one of the best parts of 7.2?!

Cobra Commander needed a huge buff, but Thunderslash did not need such a huge nerf!

3 hours ago, Luthixx said:

I have no idea if the sims are actually correct since it still prefers to take DF but that would mean TS would be a 65% reduction instead of a 50%, at this point wouldn't stomp be best?

34 minutes ago, Maxiedaxie said:

I have no idea if the sims are actually correct since it still prefers to take DF but that would mean TS would be a 65% reduction instead of a 50%, at this point wouldn't stomp be best?

i got the damage equation for thunderslash for pre-nerf and post nerf linked above. It seems the sims have it taken into account and unless further information unfolds then no stomp will not be best. 

DF, leggo bracers and trinket still produce the best results. 

6 hours ago, Banard said:

i got the damage equation for thunderslash for pre-nerf and post nerf linked above. It seems the sims have it taken into account and unless further information unfolds then no stomp will not be best. 

DF, leggo bracers and trinket still produce the best results. 

Yeah honestly I was running tonnes of M+ yesterday and I literally felt almost no difference, other than in my AoE burst, but tbh that was so broken it was ridiculous. I went into a nightbane run and killed moroes in 20 seconds and his adds died in 5 seconds from insane Thunderslash damage. 

It balances out better than you'd think with the Cobra Commander buff which now does a significant amount more. Hence why bracers trinket combo is still so good, that focus regen for cs/kc spam is nuts. 

Tried stomp and my dps was shit, not worth it. 

We're in some real pretty shit right now, guys! Seriously. 
Right now I checked Thunderslash and it's terrible. The cobra commander does not do damage as it does not. I think now this is the worst two last traits I've ever seen.

Edited by Imbolize

The thuderslash nerf was expected, although it's kind of bullshit that it gets a second nerf when using Dire Frenzy, as if we're being punished for "unintended synergy".

I don't think it's such a big deal anyway, but I would've much preferred if the buff to Cobra Commander was a higher proc rather than higher damage. The RNG on that 10% proc is not cool.

On 11/4/2017 at 4:41 PM, Banard said:

can't read above? It looks worst then it is...it was OP and needed a nerf.

same ilevel with 1 artifact point + 1 talent+ 1 leggo and trinket change was over 50-100k dps increase. 

bracers/trinket still are the best choice...BiS combo. 

Cause ofc no one knows that shoulders are broken as well ? Any fix , only on 7.2.5 , and still who got shoulders will feel the nerf a lot less anyway . Making the shoulders mandatory , while any hunter having the AoTW could benefit of Thundershalsh , u get what i mean now ? Ofc  it needed a tune , not an huge nerf .

5 hours ago, Khallid said:

The thuderslash nerf was expected, although it's kind of bullshit that it gets a second nerf when using Dire Frenzy, as if we're being punished for "unintended synergy".

I don't think it's such a big deal anyway, but I would've much preferred if the buff to Cobra Commander was a higher proc rather than higher damage. The RNG on that 10% proc is not cool.

It was to level out the damage so that it wasn't having extreme effects; if you used Aspect when you had three stacks of Dire Frenzy it attacked more than double the original amount of times and did far too much damage. Basically all it does is level out how much damage you'll get from Thunderslash overall. It's not punishing you for the synergy but it's stopping it from being far too op. As for the general nerf to it, on AoE it was absolutely batshit; I was able to burst more than 10m dps on 5 targets and I could cleave adds down far too fast. It was a good nerf for the AoE aspect but Cobra Commander needs another buff to even out the ST damage.