Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Midrange Hunter Standard

15 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Midrange Hunter Standard deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2017 at 7:12 AM, Vlad said:

This thread is for comments about our Midrange Hunter Standard deck.

Hi I am hunter fanatic and am currently in a rut at rank 5. I am honestly thrilled to be at rank 5 i mean ill take it that means I am at least doing something right. However I am stuck at rank 5 its not like I can't get wins but I cannot get to rank 4. I will get to the battle to get into rank 4 but then I will lose each and every time. I was wondering if you could look through a couple of my games here and tell me if you can spot the situation that is keeping me from legendary. I know I am going to make mistakes I just need help seeing them sometimes. Thank you for all you do on this site. 
 

I will note that I changed rat pack to stonehill defender mainly because I was seeing so much aggro like (curse them to the pits) pirate warrior. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/9DWHMaVmyTYRd46vgDszjJ

this was a win but I wonder if I could have played this a little bit better. I was thinking about using crackling on the bird so that it would spawn 2 plants after it was destroyed by that doomsayer but decided not to.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/myZXCZ87qNf3q7zaycQbgQ

once again I won this one but I would like to note this is the first time I have ever beaten murloc paladin at this rank. Honestly I think this was due to mistakes on his part like waiting for that annoying pally clear combo instead of say bringing out the hammer. But I am not certain and again I would like to know if I could have done anything better.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/yP6mNgdmvxArehCaonq2Ai

Wow...another win I usually dont get this many in a row. Either everyone is tired or I have been playing this way too long. Again what could I have done better?

https://hsreplay.net/replay/wfnSex85xEAkVAKzQAyBti

Ok here we go this is what I am talking about. I played what I thought was not only correctly but board dominating but he just with a single card each turn blocked every single thing I could possibly have had plus kept his hand full. when I thought I had finally built the field in a way that I just had to beat him down each turn he had the perfect amount of mana to clear my field with the exact perfect spells that left him able to just end it with that last taunt. Should i just surrender to warriors from now on if they are not pirate warriors? Cause this deck so far has not been able to beat quest warrior. 

Anyways this and paladins and mages are what kill me everytime. I usually just surrender against mages. Even with reno gone they are invincible to little health minions making hyena useless and well yeah. Rogue I have no issue fighting I am usually faster than them and they are too focused on the quest at hand. At any rate thank for watching these if you do and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I know rank 5 and lower all through legendary is harder and more about not making any mistakes so I hope I can fix that issue in myself with your expert advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:
Spoiler

Hi I am hunter fanatic and am currently in a rut at rank 5. I am honestly thrilled to be at rank 5 i mean ill take it that means I am at least doing something right. However I am stuck at rank 5 its not like I can't get wins but I cannot get to rank 4. I will get to the battle to get into rank 4 but then I will lose each and every time. I was wondering if you could look through a couple of my games here and tell me if you can spot the situation that is keeping me from legendary. I know I am going to make mistakes I just need help seeing them sometimes. Thank you for all you do on this site. 
 

I will note that I changed rat pack to stonehill defender mainly because I was seeing so much aggro like (curse them to the pits) pirate warrior. 

https://hsreplay.net/replay/9DWHMaVmyTYRd46vgDszjJ

this was a win but I wonder if I could have played this a little bit better. I was thinking about using crackling on the bird so that it would spawn 2 plants after it was destroyed by that doomsayer but decided not to.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/myZXCZ87qNf3q7zaycQbgQ

once again I won this one but I would like to note this is the first time I have ever beaten murloc paladin at this rank. Honestly I think this was due to mistakes on his part like waiting for that annoying pally clear combo instead of say bringing out the hammer. But I am not certain and again I would like to know if I could have done anything better.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/yP6mNgdmvxArehCaonq2Ai

Wow...another win I usually dont get this many in a row. Either everyone is tired or I have been playing this way too long. Again what could I have done better?

https://hsreplay.net/replay/wfnSex85xEAkVAKzQAyBti

Ok here we go this is what I am talking about. I played what I thought was not only correctly but board dominating but he just with a single card each turn blocked every single thing I could possibly have had plus kept his hand full. when I thought I had finally built the field in a way that I just had to beat him down each turn he had the perfect amount of mana to clear my field with the exact perfect spells that left him able to just end it with that last taunt. Should i just surrender to warriors from now on if they are not pirate warriors? Cause this deck so far has not been able to beat quest warrior. 

Anyways this and paladins and mages are what kill me everytime. I usually just surrender against mages. Even with reno gone they are invincible to little health minions making hyena useless and well yeah. Rogue I have no issue fighting I am usually faster than them and they are too focused on the quest at hand. At any rate thank for watching these if you do and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I know rank 5 and lower all through legendary is harder and more about not making any mistakes so I hope I can fix that issue in myself with your expert advice.

 

Hey, 
against aggro, you as a hunter want to play more aggro cards, rather than understatted control cards. This means you should play Rat Pack or Dire Wolf Alpha, rather than Stonehill Defender. Some tech cards are fine as well - Acidic Swamp Ooze is a solid counter against pirate warriors.

Replay #1
On turn 1, using The Coin to play Crackling Razormaw would have challenged the board and you would have had a free trade. it would have been fine even if the warlock had a Mortal Coil.
On turn 5, I would have played Houndmaster and went full face, as it would have set up lethal for the following turn. Couldn't spot any outright misplay though.

Replay #2
Playing Tundra Rhino on T5 was an alternative I would consider, solely for the possibility of a high-damage Scavenging Hyena + Kindly Grandmother combo. Again, couldn't spot any outright misplays.

Replay #3
Playing Jeweled Macaw first to gain more information sometimes makes a huge difference, and in this case, if you had gotten Jeweled Macaw from the Jeweled Macaw, it would have been likely the stronger play. It didn't matter in the end, but as I said previously, it can matter a lot sometimes.

Replay #4
I would have thrown Houndmaster out of the opening hand as well, as you did not have a 3-drop or a sticky 2-drop (Kindly Grandmother) that would ensure your ability to taunt something up. This time it sort of paid off, but it can be risky at times.
On Turn 1, playing Alleycat to have a smoother curve, ultimately allowing you to coin out Houndmaster on T3 to buff the T2 Kindly Grandmother, granting you a strong early-game and early midgame. I think you saw the curve mattered a lot when the warrior played the Acolyte of Pain, forcing you to either let him draw more cards, or to play an overkill card - Skill Command. Seems like this was the mistake that screwed you over, causing your loss.
You missed your hero power on turn 6.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys

I've been testing this deck

10 games so far 4 wins, 6 losses. All casuals

Struggling against Hunters and doing good against Warriors.

I'll let a few replays here. If you'd like to help me improve my win rate I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced.

Quote

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Hey, 
against aggro, you as a hunter want to play more aggro cards, rather than understatted control cards.

Hey thanks for the help and for watching my matches. I had thought that the best way to counter aggro was taunts but now that I think of it with my aggro hunter I have made it through quite a few taunt decks so maybe I wasn't in the correct mindset yet. All the advice you gave me was great. As an update i did make it to rank 4 and summarily fought 5 paladins in a row as soon as I hit rank 4 the final one sent me back to rank 5. I have been trying to pinpoint a good way to beat paladins but have not quite figured it out yet. Their synergy with murlocs is incredible this season. 

Thanks again. I might post a few more matches later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:

Hey, 
against aggro, you as a hunter want to play more aggro cards, rather than understatted control cards.

So I wanted to make an update since my last post. I have done 15 matches with my aggro hunter and not a single one has been a win. Everyone has so much clear while hunter has been given no new clear since I don't know when. The new bite spell is not a clear card it is an insult. Mages get volcano cards doint 15 damage but the hunter gets a measly 2 damage. Aside from hunters I have not seen anyone else throw out a 1 health 1 cost card EVER. All my beasts get insta cleared the turn after I summon them. Even if I go first and throw out alley cat they both get cleared everytime by my next turn. Also I could power up hyena to infiniti but every other class will kill it the next turn no problem. I think that makes it a useless card. I mean i got it up to a 8/5 on turn 2 by straight luck and this stupid warrior just kills it with only 3 mana to use and throws out a huge taunt on my next turn ending my game because hunter cant counter taunts whatsoever. In order for hunters to counter taunts we need at least 4 mana and previous cards on the field and that rarely ever happens. 

The main fact is I cannot beat paladin, warrior, mage, shaman, and non-quest rogue and that is what everyone is playing down here at rank 5. Why just why is blizzard such a failiure at balancing. They gave hunter some good cards yes but they gave everybody else so much better cards its rediculous. And that is the way they have treated hunter for many many expansions. Lets boost the fk out of everyone else and give hunter some piddling hope cards that make it ok but inevitably useless. 

What I am saying is I need help is there anyone who has a video of themselves playing this deck at rank 5 or something? I feel like I am the only one even trying to make hunter viable. I am losing faith and getting frustrated and just about to like sue blizzard or something stupid like that. 

I read that once you hit rank 5 it should take about 180-200 games approximately to get to legendary. well that means that at least in all those games you are moving somewhat. But for everygame I win I lose the exact same amount or more. I cannot move with hunter decks at all. I have had at least 100 games since I hit rank 5 and only once did I get to rank 4 after a 5 game win streak and then I lost 7 games in a row and went back to no stars rank 5. It just sucks and I need like a coach or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I tried to use this deck for the standard matches but it doesn't allow me to use it. It says it's only allowed to play in wild matches. Do you know why is that? I want to find a good face/agro hunter deck, or the best face/agro deck regardless of class. Would you be so kind to point me to the right direction? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because hunter cant counter taunts whatsoever.

If only hunters had a hero power that ignores taunts.... Oh wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RIPAX Sorry, I have been quite busy lately (and still am), so I will only go through the first two replays.

Vs Hunter
I don't see a reason not to keep the Fiery Bat int he opening hand. You had The Coin, so you could play 2-drops on T1, then follow up with Kindly Grandmother on T2 with huge board pressure. It did not matter in this case, luckily.
Coining out the Fiery Bat seemed like an alright play, even with opponent's Jeweled Macaw on the board.
When you want to play Jeweled Macaw, play it first to get more information - it's like drawing, and you wan to draw first almost every time.
On T4, another strong play would be Jeweled Macaw into Fiery Bat into Scavenging Hyena and trade with the Big Bad Wolf.
It seems that you not putting enough pressure on the board caused your loss.

Vs Warrior
I don't think Kill Commanding the Stonehill Defender was necessary. You could have easily traded over two turns with the Kindly Grandmother. The Kill Command would have been more useful against the Ornery Direhorn later on.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest alphagod said:

Hi everyone! I tried to use this deck for the standard matches but it doesn't allow me to use it. It says it's only allowed to play in wild matches. Do you know why is that?

You need to click/tap "Convert to Standard" after hovering your mouse over the portrait of the hero when having the deck open in the collection, or when tapping the portrait (if you are using mobile device). If that doesn't help, delete the deck, create it again, click/tap the button again and it should work. If it does not help, asking the support is your safest bet.

6 hours ago, Guest alphagod said:

I want to find a good face/agro hunter deck, or the best face/agro deck regardless of class. Would you be so kind to point me to the right direction? :)

Face hunter can be found here. Arguably the strongest face deck at the moment is pirate warrior deck, which can be found here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

 

 

If only hunters had a hero power that ignores taunts.... Oh wait

I agree there is the hero power but it only does a max of 2 damage to face. If the other player has at least 2 taunts out and 15 health left it while you have nothing because they controlled the crap out of you then your hero power means zip. You are top decking for both damage spells (which only one i can think of damages the hero) and an easy beast to send out to proc kill command. And out of 30 cards that is hard to get the exact combo like that. I mean yeah you can whittle it down 2 by 2 each turn but think about that a minute. At 15 health 8 turns you need to waste in order to do 15 damage (barring any spells you might  get) meanwhile the other player has 2 taunts and builds the field by at least 2-3 minions per turn and considering most taunts deal about 4 damage on average you cannot survive except by the dumbest of luck which does happen sometimes but not very often. 

Rule of thumb for aggro hunter decks! If you lose the first 4 turns YOU LOSE THE GAME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This deck looks great and plan to build it soon as it wont cost much dust for me. Sadly I cannot craft kindly Grandmother since I dont own that expansion. Whats a decent sub for it, pref not being epic/leg since I cannot afford crafting those atm unless it is truly for the perfect deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, crusadurus said:

This deck looks great and plan to build it soon as it wont cost much dust for me. Sadly I cannot craft kindly Grandmother since I dont own that expansion. Whats a decent sub for it, pref not being epic/leg since I cannot afford crafting those atm unless it is truly for the perfect deck.

I recommend saving gold for Karazhan, simply because it offers huge value. Until you save up enough gold, you can use generic hunter cards, such as Infested Wolf or Rat Pack. If neither of these cards work for you, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crusadurus said:

This deck looks great and plan to build it soon as it wont cost much dust for me. Sadly I cannot craft kindly Grandmother since I dont own that expansion. Whats a decent sub for it, pref not being epic/leg since I cannot afford crafting those atm unless it is truly for the perfect deck.

Karazhan is a great gold investement even if you don't plan to ever play wild because next rotation you can disenchant everything  for a very good gold\dust ratio.

Kindly Grandmother is a nice card for this deck but there enough 2 drops to replace it. Golakka Crawler is an anti-pirate tech that works better in hunter than anywhere else. Dire Wolf Alpha works with your 1 drops and make a good combo with Unleash the HoundsRavasaur Runt is a bit situational but it is a decent card. Trogg Beastrager can be played, too but it lacks synergies in this deck and he is not a beast himself. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks, i have 1 of the crab so that will work for now and ill find somethign else. prob dire wolf alpha. Im not going to save gold for an expansion, that would take ages. I could eaisly buy it I'm just not sure I want to invest any more money into the game atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Sharknad0
      This is my current pawn string from sims:
      Agility=21.87, CritRating=18.49, HasteRating=24.16, MasteryRating=22.94, Versatility=17.33
      Is anyone else getting haste over mastery and agi? I recently got the Mantle (FINALLY!), so not sure if that is affecting anything. I know crit used to be important for Mantle, so I am not sure why it would be the culprit here. I even tested swapping out my enchants to haste and it did provide a slight boost while maintaining the same scaling. Mastery is at 9300, Crit at 9300 and Haste at 8000 (Roughly), so I definitely dont feel I have enough mastery to start warranting haste over it and agi.
      Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this too?
      I do have the current sim build, so no issues there.
    • By L0rinda

      Year of the Mammoth Arena Guide now available!
      Our Arena Guide has been updated by Pesty, to fully reflect the format for The Year of the Mammoth.
      As well as the new tier list for classes, the guide addresses each class in detail, so that you can get the most out of your Arena draft. It also discusses which Mana curves work well with which class, and how to pick on your opponents' likely weaknesses.
      The new Tier List is shown below:
      Tier 1 (Excellent): Mage, Rogue Tier 2 (Great): Paladin, Hunter Tier 3 (Good): Druid, Priest, Shaman, Warlock, Tier 4 (Average): Warrior For any feedback or questions about this guide, check out our Hearthstone General Discussion Forum, or comment in this thread.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Marksmanship Hunter guide for Legion.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Demonology Warlock guide for Legion.