FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Holy Priest 7.3

Guest Priest trinket

Did the priest trinket change for holy? If Chakras were removed? Or am I misreading?

Guest Arkanoid
1 hour ago, Guest Priest trinket said:

Did the priest trinket change for holy? If Chakras were removed? Or am I misreading?

It was changed, it now gives a flat increase to Heal and Flash Heal

8 hours ago, yoco007 said:

Hey! Not sure if I'm blind. I can't see what Glyphs to take! :(

Glyphs were removed in Legion, those to stay now pure cosmetic.

• Like 1

Guest whatshealing

One note for you is that trail of light is currently bugged and reduces Flash heal to 40% and then replicates 40% of the reduced amount

Guest Daraeadsbvvs

I was pvping yesterday, and noticed that my Flash heal was only healing like 300 in BGS when it is supposed to heal 775. My NORMAL heal did do 775 and they are supposed to heal the same. Anyone know why? Is it part of that BGS thing that makes us all equal? or is it a glitch.... Same for my instant heal in Disc....

This pre patch confused me a bit. Do we still have those passive that makes you cast flah heal instantly and without mana cost, etc? And we only have two damage skills now?

11 hours ago, yoco007 said:

This pre patch confused me a bit. Do we still have those passive that makes you cast flah heal instantly and without mana cost, etc? And we only have two damage skills now?

It's not a passive (and wasn't :)) but a talent in Tier 5:  Surge of Light causes your healing spells and Smite to have an 8% chance to make your next Flash Heal instant ans cost no mana. 2 charges.

And no, Holy Priests don't have only 2 damage skills: Holy Fire, Smite, Holy Word: Chastise, Holy Nova.

Holy Word: Chastise is a great stunning nuke with 1 min CD but every time you cast Smite, the remaining CD being reduced by 6 sec. or by 8 sec. with 'Light of the Naaru' talent (Tier 4).

• Like 2

Guest Cryo

does any know of anyway to track serendipity?,
Also it says at the bottom very easy to track who will be healed for circle of healing? can i get confirmation on how to do this.
is there any weak auro strings for the new legion procs?
And best addon to track cooldowns pleasE? 

35 minutes ago, Guest Cryo said:

does any know of anyway to track serendipity?,
Also it says at the bottom very easy to track who will be healed for circle of healing? can i get confirmation on how to do this.
is there any weak auro strings for the new legion procs?
And best addon to track cooldowns pleasE? 

1. Serendipity is a passive in Legion so not much to track here. It just passively reduces the CD of your Holy Words by 6 sec with every cast of appropriate spells (8 sec. with a talent)

2. What exactly you want to track? Circle of healing heals 5 injured targets within 30 yards of the initial target (a person you applied the spell to) so... if for example you applied the spell to a tank, it will heal 5 more people within 30 yards from them, if you applied the spell to yourself, it's people within 30 yards from you.

3. yes. I personally use this: Ablution Holy Priest WA

4. Weakauras (in my opinion) :)

• Like 2

Guest phrase

I personally prefer Body and Mind talent for it's versatility, speed boost and a 4 second renew if I just need a little more HoT and don't want to spend a cast. It is free after all. 

I also never got in the habit of using desperate prayer for PvE, I don't find myself dying much in raids or dungeons to need another CD to watch. Currently going for proven healer in proving grounds, it's a bit easier now that you don't have to worry about mana. 

19 hours ago, Guest phrase said:

I personally prefer Body and Mind talent for it's versatility, speed boost and a 4 second renew if I just need a little more HoT and don't want to spend a cast. It is free after all. 

I also never got in the habit of using desperate prayer for PvE, I don't find myself dying much in raids or dungeons to need another CD to watch. Currently going for proven healer in proving grounds, it's a bit easier now that you don't have to worry about mana. 

Well, there are a few points to make there. One is that Desperate Prayer isn't necessarily to save you from dying, but it's a good way to help you catch up on healing when loads of people (yourself included) are taking damage. Also, it has the (pretty important) advantage of not being on the global cooldown.

We feel that Angelic Feather is better than Body and Soul for movement because, while they both use up global cooldowns, Angelic Feather can be pre-cast. It also lets people use up the movement speed bonus when they see fit, as opposed to just having it put on them by you.

• Like 1

I was wondering if anyone knows how to track how many targets Prayer of healing with affect in Elvui?

Edited by Jman172

8 hours ago, Jman172 said:

I was wondering if anyone knows how to track how many targets Prayer of healing with affect in Elvui?

I'm not sure what do you mean. Prayer of Healing heals 5 injured targets within 20 yards of the initial target so the answer in any circumstances would be 6 injured targets. It's pretty much impossible to track which ones specifically (if there are more than 5 injured allies around).

Or do you mean this option to check how many targets are in specific range:  Use [nearbyplayers:8], :10, or :20  for how many yards you want to know how many people are there.

On 7/22/2016 at 2:58 PM, Pandacho said:

1. Serendipity is a passive in Legion so not much to track here. It just passively reduces the CD of your Holy Words by 6 sec with every cast of appropriate spells (8 sec. with a talent)

2. What exactly you want to track? Circle of healing heals 5 injured targets within 30 yards of the initial target (a person you applied the spell to) so... if for example you applied the spell to a tank, it will heal 5 more people within 30 yards from them, if you applied the spell to yourself, it's people within 30 yards from you.

3. yes. I personally use this: Ablution Holy Priest WA

4. Weakauras (in my opinion) :)

Thanks for the string. Amazing! 

24 minutes ago, Tadayoshi said:

Thanks for the string. Amazing! 

I like Ablution sets a lot but tweaked them all for myself to remove flashy backgrounds and spark timers - were driving me mad :)

• Like 1

Uncommon Patron

so just to practice holy over the weekend I did several LFR  And I healed decently considering my gear lvl is 665. The main comment I had about holy is play style/mana-i was spamming prayer of healing/prayer of mending and circle of healing for the high amounts of damage being done and since prayer of healing/circle of healing are 7200 mana each along with every other ability i was using for high dmg rotation i was running out of mana super quick. I had vials i had to constantly pop but id be out of mana again before the vials were off cd. I have my talents set up as they are featured in this guide- I'm not wearing any glyphs or gems cuz i dont have the gear for it yet. I cant imagine this is normal,

which brings up play style- are these abilities supposed to be spammed or do you just toss out a heal, wait a bit and toss another one? I was a main spec raid healer in the other game i play so this class has me a bit perplexed. The good news is the top healer was another priest player in holy spec. Our top 3 abilities were generally the same. 

2 hours ago, Sugartits said:

so just to practice holy over the weekend I did several LFR  And I healed decently considering my gear lvl is 665. The main comment I had about holy is play style/mana-i was spamming prayer of healing/prayer of mending and circle of healing for the high amounts of damage being done and since prayer of healing/circle of healing are 7200 mana each along with every other ability i was using for high dmg rotation i was running out of mana super quick. I had vials i had to constantly pop but id be out of mana again before the vials were off cd. I have my talents set up as they are featured in this guide- I'm not wearing any glyphs or gems cuz i dont have the gear for it yet. I cant imagine this is normal,

which brings up play style- are these abilities supposed to be spammed or do you just toss out a heal, wait a bit and toss another one? I was a main spec raid healer in the other game i play so this class has me a bit perplexed. The good news is the top healer was another priest player in holy spec. Our top 3 abilities were generally the same. 

I will answer you here too ^^

First, the talents: I checked them and would like to make  a couple of comments:

Tier 4: you should take Light of the Naaru to bring your main healing 'nukes' HW: Serenity and HW: Sanctify faster off CD. Symbol of Hope is good when you raid with your static raid group and use pre-discussed line of healing CDs - in this case you use this talent to allow your fellow healers to 'spam' their spells during high raid damage.

Tier 7: I wouldn't advice you for Circle of Healing here but rather for Apotheosis. Your strongest AoE heal is HW: Sanctify while Prayer of Healing is another AoE healing spell that reduces the CD of HW: Sanctify every time when being cast. Circle of Healing is just another now very strong AoE heal that... heals. But you already have one like this - Prayer of Healing that is off CD and reduces the CD of HW: S. So, I'd rather take Apotheosis - when it's up, it reduces to 0 mana cost of your Holy Words and their CD.

Don't try to AoE spam heal the raid with Prayer of Healing or Circle of Healing. For the times of high damage you have a raid wide Divine Hymn that heals ALL the raid, not only 6 people. And if it's not enough, add HW: Sanctify and an odd Prayer of Healing but don't spam it - other healing classes have better and cheaper AoE heals.

Always cast Prayer of Mending on CD - it will jump to injured targets by itself, keep Renew on tanks, cast HW: Serenity on low HP people and Flash Heal every time Surge of Light procs. Cast 'Heal' to reduce HW: Serenity CD when you are in a low damage phase.

Well, I think all this will keep you busy during a fight :)

PS: regarding Mana potions (I think you meant them by vials) - you can use only one during any fight.

• Like 1

Uncommon Patron

i called them pots in my other game- i could click a pot off cd to restore certain things like mana or energy (rogue class)

im using greater mana pots to help with my mana issues.

Panda- is there a site better for class guides if you are not raiding yet? or does this site have those also

11 minutes ago, Sugartits said:

Panda- is there a site better for class guides if you are not raiding yet? or does this site have those also

Hmm, you can try 'how to priest' or mmo-champion class forum but the forum itself is so toxic that I wouldn't recommend it just because of this issue even that you can find there relevant info.

Or you can just ask here in Priest section all your questions and get the answers :)

• Like 1

Uncommon Patron

ok i just am not used to being the noob in a game and even though i help noobs in my other game it gets annoying after awhile- i prefer people try to look up information and if they get stuck i will help but i guess if you dont know where to look that presents a challenge =D

Hey guys, as I posted in the Disc thread, I'll be revising this and the Disc guide shortly, which should significantly improve things. I'll keep you up to date :)

Guest Stone of the Element

Is the alchemists trinket (Stone of the Elements)  not a viable Holy priest Trinket or was it just forgotten on the bis list, since it doesn't appear there at all?

Sign in to follow this