FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Holy Priest 7.3

On 14.9.2016 at 3:35 PM, TBozz said:

Does anyone know how Guardian Spirit and the Blood DK talent, Purgatory, interact with each other? i.e. is there a clash of spell types, or does the Purgatory effect trigger and then the Guardian Spirit heal the DK for 40%, thus removing the Purgatory de-buff? 

Cheers :)

Did you find an answer to this anywhere else? I've done my best to check if it has been confirmed elsewhere, but I haven't found anything yet. Will test it in game this weekend if not.

19 hours ago, ppmnt said:

I had a question about the holy priest stat priority, listed as mastery > crit. Once you get your artifact high enough to gain the Blessing of T'uureBlessing of T'uure trait - does crit become more important than mastery?

At ilvl 843, I have 40% mastery, but only 16% crit. That seems like very little when trying to take advantage of Blessing of T'uureBlessing of T'uure .

The value of the trait really isn't that huge, either it would be MUCH higher on the priority. Given the effect of Mastery, I would imagine it is still worth more than Crit, even if only by a small amount. 

I definitely wouldn't forgo Mastery gear to get Crit gear.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Did you find an answer to this anywhere else? I've done my best to check if it has been confirmed elsewhere, but I haven't found anything yet. Will test it in game this weekend if not.

Hi there, no i haven't been able to get an answer yet and I don't have access to any holy priests that I can test in game with. Your help would be most appreciated :)

Just now, TBozz said:

Hi there, no i haven't been able to get an answer yet and I don't have access to any holy priests that I can test in game with. Your help would be most appreciated :)

Will update this weekend then. Will tag you in the response.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TBozz said:

Comments on wowhead says that Spirit Guardian won't save the DK from dying. Would love to have a confirmation on that since I'm maining a Holy Priest and I'm new to healing...

Just now, Kirr said:

Comments on wowhead says that Spirit Guardian won't save the DK from dying. Would love to have a confirmation on that since I'm maining a Holy Priest and I'm new to healing...

Oh, interesting find. Does it clarify if the DK needs to have taken Purgatory for this to occur or not?

(for clarity, i will be tanking in blood when the raids come out but also thinking about bringing my priest up - and its likely i will be healing another blood dk anyway, so this is kind of doubly interesting for me!!)

Edited by TBozz

12 minutes ago, Kirr said:

I did see the comments, but wanted to basically see if they had fixed it in Legion. Will definitely be interesting to test it this weekend and see what different parameters affect it.

15 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Will definitely be interesting to test it this weekend

I'm very interested in the result of this test.

I am curious as to how the artifact trait "Guardians of the Light" interacts with the talent Guardian Angel.  When taking this talent, will the failure of either guardian angel to proc result in lowering the cooldown, or would they both have to fail to prevent death in order to attain the cooldown reduction from the talent?  Or does the talent completely disregard the additonal Guardian Angel, whether it saves the priest from death or not?

1 hour ago, Aieoshekai said:

I am curious as to how the artifact trait "Guardians of the Light" interacts with the talent Guardian Angel.  When taking this talent, will the failure of either guardian angel to proc result in lowering the cooldown, or would they both have to fail to prevent death in order to attain the cooldown reduction from the talent?  Or does the talent completely disregard the additonal Guardian Angel, whether it saves the priest from death or not?

Not sure about this one, will ask our HPriest and get back to you with an answer!

Guest Tuskies

Anyone know of stat weights? I found this on noxxic, but people tell me not to go there.

( Pawn: v1: "PvE-Priest-Holy-Noxxic": CritRating=6.06, MasteryRating=7.56, HasteRating=4.56, Intellect=9.06, Versatility=3.06 )

• Like 1

On 16/09/2016 at 3:25 PM, Blainie said:

I did see the comments, but wanted to basically see if they had fixed it in Legion. Will definitely be interesting to test it this weekend and see what different parameters affect it.

Hey, sorry to be a pain, did you manage to test this?

15 hours ago, TBozz said:

Hey, sorry to be a pain, did you manage to test this?

Sorry for the lateness of the reply! It looks like it still works as we expected, regardless of the amount of damage the DK takes in purgatory. DK dies from what we could see.

Also, yes he needs purgatory for it to not save him. If it is on CD, it saves him.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2016 at 1:19 AM, Guest Tuskies said:

Anyone know of stat weights? I found this on noxxic, but people tell me not to go there.

( Pawn: v1: "PvE-Priest-Holy-Noxxic": CritRating=6.06, MasteryRating=7.56, HasteRating=4.56, Intellect=9.06, Versatility=3.06 )

Stat weights can be REALLY difficult to gather for a healing class. You're honestly better off simply using priorities, since there is no way to create a concrete stat weight list with SimCraft, as there is with DPS.

5 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Stat weights can be REALLY difficult to gather for a healing class. You're honestly better off simply using priorities, since there is no way to create a concrete stat weight list with SimCraft, as there is with DPS.

I've spoken to Leaf about this (my guildie that made the resto druid stat weight weak aura), albeit regarding MW monks.  The best way to generate stat weights is to do a real-time healing analysis, which is what his WA does, and that simulation is nigh on useless as it doesn't reflect reality.  You would have to adapt this: https://wago.io/VkuAT-pHb to account for Holy Priest heals and passives.

1 minute ago, Orthios said:

I've spoken to Leaf about this (my guildie that made the resto druid stat weight weak aura), albeit regarding MW monks.  The best way to generate stat weights is to do a real-time healing analysis, which is what his WA does, and that simulation is nigh on useless as it doesn't reflect reality.  You would have to adapt this: https://wago.io/VkuAT-pHb to account for Holy Priest heals and passives.

Tagging the original question for your response, thanks Orthios. Didn't realise it was adaptable, will start forwarding others that ask for healing weights here.

On 9/21/2016 at 1:19 AM, Guest Tuskies said:

10 hours ago, Blainie said:

Sorry for the lateness of the reply! It looks like it still works as we expected, regardless of the amount of damage the DK takes in purgatory. DK dies from what we could see.

Also, yes he needs purgatory for it to not save him. If it is on CD, it saves him.

Fantastic, thanks very much for your help :)

50 minutes ago, TBozz said:

Fantastic, thanks very much for your help :)

No problem! Feel free to ask any other questions you might have :)

Guest daedalus

Renew is hardly worth a slot on my bar.
Renew: 22k mana cost, 16,560 instant heal and 97,449 over 15sec
Flash Heal: 30,8k mana cost, 143k instant heal

If you count in the hot from echo of light it gets even worse:
Renew: 2,3k every 3 sec for 6sec
Flash Heal: 19,9k every 3sec for 6sec

A single echo of light from flash heal alone does almost 1/3 of a full renew in healing value.
Right now I see no point to waste mana for renew when I can do the same and more in a single flash heal.

1 hour ago, Guest daedalus said:

Right now I see no point to waste mana for renew when I can do the same and more in a single flash heal.

As detailed by the guide, you're not meant to be using Renew a lot. You simply keep it up on the tank/tanks or when you need to move and heal. If you were planning to spam Renew, you most likely read the guide wrong. It's for very low damage periods.

Guest ginohealer
On 9/22/2016 at 7:06 AM, TBozz said:

Dk will die, guardian spirit says excessive damage will still kill target, more then his health is excessive damage

The confusion was more to do with a "small" amount of damage into purgatory and whether or not that would still kill the DK. Thanks for confirming anyway! :)

Generic comment being mass posted over the comments threads guys.

We are aware of the changes and our writers are working hard to update the guides to suit what has changed. Currently, there is a lot of work still to be done and it's unlikely that every guide will be up-to-date immediately. Expect a flood of updates over the coming days that will answer all of your questions about what is now best after X change, in time for the reset next week.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

On 9/21/2016 at 5:59 PM, Blainie said:

That makes sense, but it would be nice to have some idea of how much more valuable mastery is than vers, for example, for cases where you have items of big ilvl differences but with less ideal secondaries. 20 ilvls more, but vers/haste instead of crit/mastery, for example...

It would also help those who want to use the AskMrRobot gear optimizer.

3 hours ago, ppmnt said:

That makes sense, but it would be nice to have some idea of how much more valuable mastery is than vers, for example, for cases where you have items of big ilvl differences but with less ideal secondaries. 20 ilvls more, but vers/haste instead of crit/mastery, for example...

It would also help those who want to use the AskMrRobot gear optimizer.

If you're set on weights, then you'll need to do what Orthios said above.

Edit this WA (https://wago.io/VkuAT-pHb) to fit the Holy Priest setup, then use it to generate weights. It's not easy though.

Sign in to follow this