Vlad

Secret Hunter Deck List

Sign in to follow this  

14 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Secret Hunter deck list guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This deck sadly doesn't stand a chance vs most meta decks. Biggest issue is not having cards i guess ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest Navor Van Bostitch said:

This deck sadly doesn't stand a chance vs most meta decks. Biggest issue is not having cards i guess ;-)

I found myself winning quite a lot with this deck, though only on a somewhat small sample of around 30 games. However, if this deck does not suit you, you should try making some changes mentioned in the Variations section. 

Hunter does not really have any solid card draw, so running out of cards is something you will need to get used to if you use your resources suboptimally. Gaining more experience with the deck will help a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1.6.2017 at 4:10 PM, positiv2 said:

k, though only on a somewhat small sample of around 30 games. However, if this deck does not suit you, you should try making some changes mentioned in the Variations section. 

Hunter does not really have any solid card draw, so r

unfortunatly i never win a game with this deck. i wonder how you could do. and i wonder, why its listed as a top deck.... its just a waste of dust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was excited to try this deck but it disappointed me badly. I have given it quite a bit time to understand how to play it but i rarely win with this deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Which deck are you referring to?

I mentioned that before, it may seem more practical but it's confusing to pack all decks of the same type into one comment topic.

People are viewing a specific deck, clicking there on "comments" and just assume it is about the deck they are currently viewing.

Or they assume other ppl who read their post know which deck they are referring to :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Caldyrvan said:

I mentioned that before, it may seem more practical but it's confusing to pack all decks of the same type into one comment topic.

People are viewing a specific deck, clicking there on "comments" and just assume it is about the deck they are currently viewing.

Or they assume other ppl who read their post know which deck they are referring to :)

Usually it is clear what deck they are referring to, especially since most of the time there is more info provided than just "this deck sucks" - looking at the post history, this seems to be the average comment from the user though. I remember only two prior cases where I had to ask (could definitely be more, though), which is, at least for me, good enough(TM)

Currently the system is simply awful when it comes to creating threads, so it was decided to go for the system we are using now until we switch to the upcoming content management system, which should happen sometime early 2018 if I recall correctly. Once the system takes places, managing threads should be easier. If it is not, I guess I will have to revert anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember someone, Damien maybe I'm not sure, mentioned an overhaul of the site. :)

And I didn't want to say it's terrible just sometimes not very practical :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, Caldyrvan said:

I mentioned that before, it may seem more practical but it's confusing to pack all decks of the same type into one comment topic.

People are viewing a specific deck, clicking there on "comments" and just assume it is about the deck they are currently viewing.

Or they assume other ppl who read their post know which deck they are referring to :)

It appears to me that when I click on the 'comments' of a deck it continues the previous thread from an older deck. By this I mean I don't think a new thread is created for each deck that is created on the website by admin. It looks like it's retaining the comments from the previous comments sections used from prior versions of decks.

 

It is rather confusing and especially when new cards are introduced makes me actually have to work out if the comment was pre/post new cards aha or even related to the deck currently displayed ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest Jabab said:

It appears to me that when I click on the 'comments' of a deck it continues the previous thread from an older deck. By this I mean I don't think a new thread is created for each deck that is created on the website by admin. It looks like it's retaining the comments from the previous comments sections used from prior versions of decks.

 

It is rather confusing and especially when new cards are introduced makes me actually have to work out if the comment was pre/post new cards aha or even related to the deck currently displayed ...

Wiping threads after each update would actually be detrimental (not to mention the time-consuming nature of it). So, we keep all comments. Since there are post dates, there shouldn't be a major problem with differentiating between what has been posted in the current set/patch, and what had been posted in the previous expansions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using this deck lately, and I have to say it is very enjoyable (my only change was to replace the contemptible Bittertide Hydra with Professor Putricide)... EXCEPT against anything with stamina, mostly priests.

Granted that Big Priest is currently king of the meta, so I understand getting whomped by it... but even some crabbed together hybrid priest decks are kickin' this thing's butt... and the reasons are twofold:

1) Touched on earlier, no legit card draw in Hunter. Comes with the turf, have to work around it... but, brings to point 2

2) No real late game winners. This deck is an early, aggressive, beatdown stick. Priests especially have the ability to draw the game out to the point where they can use the large, late game tools Priests have to swing the game in their favor.

However, this deck has to conserve resources to provide for a big hit for a finish. It will rarely be able to trade spell for spell, card for card, and maintain advantage, due to the aforementioned lack of replenishment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this