FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jofo

Help Wanted -Fury DPS

Hello im in need of help :D ... I feel like im kinda underperforming in dps (I have only 500-600k dps and 910 ILVL) and i dont know what im doing wrong

Encounters: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13007746/13#difficulty=4&class=Warrior&spec=Fury&metric=dps&boss=2048

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13007746/13#difficulty=4&class=Warrior&spec=Fury&metric=dps&boss=2036

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/terokkar/jofo

And i feel like im doing the rotations right because before i learnt them i had even lower dps

Hello fellow Warrior,

I've viewed your logs from Demonic Inquisition. It's not the optimal boss fight to analyze logs as you will have some downtime due to the mechanics and gathering the torment debuff will kill your dps completely. A single target, not too much mechanic boss, like goroth would be better to find out issues like enrage uptime or frothing uptime.

But nevermind, I viewed it and your rotation seems to be OK. You align OF with BC correctly and get Frothing up before you press RP.

You may have not an issue with your rotation, but definitely with your Gear. You have 27% crit chance which is the worst stat for fury. The Stat values are: Haste->Mastery->Versa->Strenght->Crit

Sure it is better than running naked but if you have the chance to exchange some of your crit with the other stats, then do it.

For Fury it's nearly mandatory to have Convergence of Fate (trinket) dropping from Elisande in Nighthold. Take any itemlevel version you get - even LFR is acceptable. The CoF is and will be (as long as not nerved) best in slot trinket for Fury in TOS

If you can provide an additional Goroth logfile I will see if I can get you additional hints regarding the rotation, but at first, you have to work on your gear and trinkets.

Ok thanks for helping :D i thought it could be because i got wrong stats and gear...

I will send Goroth logs later today :D 

Good morning, Jofo.

I appreciate the Goroth Log that you provided. I took a moment and looked over it this morning and here are some things I noticed.

• Your activity time is only 92.68%. For rounding sake, let's just say 93%. While this seems like a high value, it should, under almost all circumstances, be 99%. It seems that there are times you're just not using an ability. I understand the fight has mechanics that cause you to move and not be on the boss but 99% from a Fury Warrior, even in the Heroic encounter, is still obtainable. I'd make sure you're using every GCD casting an ability.
  • In the log, you had Kazzalax, Fujieda's Fury equipped. I checked the uptime on this and notice that it fell off 4 times. I compared it to the times Goroth cast Infernal Burning and they didn't line up - you maintained the buff through the cast so that didn't make sense. You only obtained Crashing Coment once and that can explain the last drop off. So there's 3 times your buff dropped. This could be GCD management issues or something else. Either way I would find a way to track the buff your cloak gives (Weak Auras / Tell Me When) and try to keep it up as long as possible.
  • Currently, in your weapon, you're using two useless relics. I won't go as far to say that this will dramatically increase your numbers, but both your Storm and Iron relics need to be replaced as soon as possible with better traits. You can afford to lose 4 - 5 item levels in relics to swap out for a better trait (Unrivaled Strength). The two relics you currently have equipped increase the damage of Furious Slash and that's useless to you.
  • Your Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid is essentially useless. Granted, it has a nice amount of strength to it but the proc isn't doing you any favors. In this specific log it accounted for only 2.67% of your overall damage done, being proc'd only 12 times. Finding a better trinket (Umbral Moonglaives being the ideal choice with your CoF), will only help your numbers.

I checked other things out as well such as your Enrage / Frothing Berserker uptimes. These seem sufficient for the encounter. Checking your rage management, you had no serious issues with missing out on your Frothing, either (You obviously waited to 100 rage as you should).

Overall it does seem you have a grasp on the rotation. With the above in mind, and making sure you have the rotation / priority locked down, I think you'll see your numbers improve.

I hope this helps and, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

==========================

Edit: Forgot something. . .

I also noticed in your log that you used Potion of Prolonged Power and, even then, you only used it once. Your better potion option is Potion of the Old War. Use this during the pre-pot and once again in combat. The changes brought to alchemy should have significantly brought down the price of these potions so there's no reason not to use them now; they're easily available and relatively cheap to buy if you can't make them yourself.

23 hours ago, Jofo said:

and i got CoF but im confused: When i have BC sooner than OF do i use it or do i just wait for OF cooldown ? :D 

Nope you just pull BC with the priority system: RB(enraged)>RP(100rage)>BT>RB

Ideal rotation with OF is: BC-RP-RB-OF-BT

That's exactly the advantage of CoF as it reduces the Cooldown of BC. You always want to use OF with BC, so if OF is not ready you use it the next time BC comes of Cooldown.  Never ever wait for OF to pull BC except it's 3-4 seconds and you're able to fit it in the BC window.

Thanks guys i think i know what do to now :D 

Last question : Which legendaries do you think are the best 2 to use

And again many thanks for taking your time and helping me ^^

On 7.7.2017 at 6:32 PM, Jofo said:

Thanks guys i think i know what do to now :D 

Last question : Which legendaries do you think are the best 2 to use

And again many thanks for taking your time and helping me ^^

You're welcome.

Currently the sims say Helmet+Pants followed by Helmet+Cloak

I currently use Helmet+Waist (Smith Leg "Rethu's.."), but I will switch to the pants for the rage gain to maintain enrage and FB which is more profitable.

For Multi Target bosses (Harjatan, Mistress) I use Helmet+Waist (Naj-entus)