FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Banard

BM Hunter and what our community is costing us...

16 minutes ago, Banard said:

other specs get together and communicate the issue to blizzard, BM hunter argue against the need for a buff. 

No we seem to all agree we're doin alright while you're shouting to the heavens to lead the dps meter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sawzorthn said:

No we seem to all agree we're doin alright while you're shouting to the heavens to lead the dps meter.

are you sure that is what i am doing? That is what you are assuming. Your 2nd comment i believe indicating that. Reading comprehensions a problem for you?  

How does a small buff get us to lead the dps meters?  We need a 3-5% buff to get us in line with the middle of the pack....this would bring us on average maybe above 3-4 specs...that also need a buff but i dont know anything about those classes. 

This isn't some argument like: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/558

This is a magnitude argument ..the gap between BM and the middle of the pack is to big...HUGE on some mythic bosses and should be closed a bit. 

Edited by Banard

1 hour ago, Banard said:

^ read...then read again...then read again. AT what point did i say game breaking? 

Well for starters...

On 7/17/2017 at 0:34 PM, Banard said:

Statistically BM Hunters & Frost DK are on the bottom of dps charts.

^ here

We got a leggo baked in and hit to hard with the nerf bat.

^ here

We need a buff, not a rework like frost dk, but a small buff.....actually no...we need a big buff and nerf to teir 19. I pretty sure no one wants to keep farming mythic nh. 

and ^ here.

56 minutes ago, Banard said:

so the whole point of your argument, was to argue against me but then agree with me? Hilarious. HILARIOUS. 

Another perfect example of the issue with our community, no wonder blizzard gets confused.  

No.  My point was that if you are going to use statistics you can't point to ~10% or less of the community and say that it's indicative of the ENTIRE community.  Examples are fine and a great way to get one's point across, but when the example doesn't even portray reality, then what good is it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Banard said:

Thank you for this statement. Totally illustrates your lack of knowledge and history of the BM class. 

BM does not scale with gear. It never has and never will under the design. The major reason is because our pets do not get improvements from weapon damage (its why you can wear better trait relic at lower level compared to MM). It is the reason why in previous expansions we use to get blanket % buff to aspect of the dragonhawk in late tiers. 

It has been like this since WOTLK. Its why in EVERY XPAC since wotlk BM starts out good but ends up shit by the end of it.  

True, I didn't play that long ago, so I wouldn't know. BM is not the only class that values traits over item level though, so that alone isn't a game-breaker. Just because the pet doesn't get damage from wepon damage doesn't immediately mean that the class doesn't scale, but I won't argue it's an important factor. The scaling for BM right now depends on Mastery, so the scaling is based on the amount of mastery percentage we get for every point of mastery rating. I haven't crunched the numbers because I don't know enough about other classes to compare. It does make sense that it drops as the expansion goes on due to diminishing returns.

I'm surprised you play Beast Master if you know all that though. It's like you purposely choose to play a spec that you know will get weak?

This is very rapidly descending into a useless discussion. If it keeps going off on a bickering tangent, I'll just lock the thread. Keep it on topic and civil, with proper discussion and information.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2017 at 5:45 AM, Blainie said:

This is very rapidly descending into a useless discussion. If it keeps going off on a bickering tangent, I'll just lock the thread. Keep it on topic and civil, with proper discussion and information.

Going to agree with Blainie on this one. This entire thread is pretty much useless, we all know BM isn't the strongest class in the game but if played right it can still do fantastic dps on the right fights. If you're struggling to perform well with a BM hunter you need to look at your own character not just the spec, the only time I've found myself seriously behind the other classes is on fights like Desolate Host or Demonic Inquisition, where there are some classes that just perform far higher than others and you honestly can't expect to catch up.

ToS isn't designed for a cookie cutter group composition and for one spec with the same gear and talents. I've got no chance of catching up to our affliction warlocks on DI but I can do a lot more on fights like Maiden where my mobility and on-demand burst is a huge asset. In terms of pure ST, BM is not an awful spec, we're just better designed for different fights.

• Like 3

My opinion is BM sucks at the Moment in TOS, mythic down 5/9. 
I found it already an insolence that kill 
command was nerfed with 7.2.5 by almost 40% was weakened by the 
artefact weapon and nobody knows it 
hidden nerf thx...

In Nighthold i got no Problem to do dmg in top 5 dd, now in TOS im 2-3 places over tanks -.-

Edited by 8ball

3 hours ago, 8ball said:

My opinion is BM sucks at the Moment in TOS, mythic down 5/9. 
I found it already an insolence that kill 
command was nerfed with 7.2.5 by almost 40% was weakened by the 
artefact weapon and nobody knows it 
hidden nerf thx...

In Nighthold i got no Problem to do dmg in top 5 dd, now in TOS im 2-3 places over tanks -.-

KC being nerfed by almost 40%? Where on earth are you pulling that number from? Aside from the relics, the ability itself had a flat 20% buff to its damage.

If you're having that much difficulty performing as BM please provide some logs so your dps can be analysed and we can provide some assistance, because BM is far more capable than that. That says more about your ability and character itemisation than it does about the class itself.

• Like 2