FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

This Week in WoW: July 25

16i2npH.jpg

After the maintenance's over in your region, there are several hotfixes that will come into effect. The third LFR Wing of the Tomb is now available with Maiden of Vigilance and Fallen Avatar. There's a new PvP Brawl and you can get up to 50% more reputation from World Quests.

Hotfixes & Tomb of Sargeras Mythic Nerfs

• Many hotfixes related to PvE & PvP will be live once maintenance ends in your region.
  • The Tomb of Sargeras nerfs make the final two encounters easier, so expect a lot more Kil'jaeden Mythic kills in the coming days.

Tomb of Sargeras LFR Wing #3

Mythic Keystone Affixes

World Quests Bonus Event (July 25 - August 1)

• For the duration of the event, reputation gained from World Quests is increased by 50% (Sign of the EmissarySign of the Emissary). This is great for farming reputation Paragon caches / mounts or unlock flying.
  • The weekly quest "The World Awaits" rewards 5,000 Order Resources once you complete 20 world quests.

PvP Brawl: Arathi Blizzard (July 25 - August 1)

• Put away your bathing suit, pull out your parka, and enter a winter wonderland as the Arathi Basin you know and love gets a fresh coat of ice and snow. You'll be racing your way between the farm, stables, mine, lumberyard, and blacksmith through piles of snow and over a - mostly - frozen lake. One more thing: the weather forecast calls for a bit of fog of war. We hope you're prepared for the weather. (Source)
  • Don't forget to complete the weekly quest "Something Different" to get Brawler's FootlockerBrawler's Footlocker, 3 Mark of HonorMarks of Honor and Soldier's LegacySoldier's Legacy (AP token).

Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl (July 31)

• The mages of Azeroth like to relax, too. Hop into a portal at your watering hole and join the Tavern Crawl.
  • The micro-holiday is centered around inns. You talk to a NPC that will teleport you to various inns across Azeroth where you can interact with unique objects. You stay there for a short period and teleport to another tavern.
  • It's the first time Tavern Crawl's up, because it was disabled in the past. The event was suffering from issues that couldn't be hotfixed.
  • Find our more about Tavern Crawl in our micro-holiday preview.

World Boss Drugon

Look for the epic World Quest "The Frozen King" in Highmountain.

World Boss Loot Table

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

World Boss Drugon

Look for the epic World Quest "The Frozen King" in Highmountain.

Gotta love the RNG.  A few weeks ago we had double Withered J'im.  I'm starting to think the solution to the weekly world boss issue is to have all of the world bosses spawn naturally in the world and be on an extended respawn timer (such as 6-18 hours), while the weekly world boss has a reduced respawn timer of 5-15 minutes or whatever it is now.  This would allow everyone that needs a boss that hasn't spawned in months to get their chance, and also still give us the weekly world quest.

There may be better solutions out there or maybe the current situation is the best that Blizzard can do at the moment, however it would remove RNG from the equation which I think would be the ideal situation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DeathsDesign said:

Gotta love the RNG.  A few weeks ago we had double Withered J'im.  I'm starting to think the solution to the weekly world boss issue is to have all of the world bosses spawn naturally in the world and be on an extended respawn timer (such as 6-18 hours), while the weekly world boss has a reduced respawn timer of 5-15 minutes or whatever it is now.  This would allow everyone that needs a boss that hasn't spawned in months to get their chance, and also still give us the weekly world quest.

There may be better solutions out there or maybe the current situation is the best that Blizzard can do at the moment, however it would remove RNG from the equation which I think would be the ideal situation.

I can't remember who suggested it, but someone on the forums suggested that you allow every boss to spawn and you can kill whichever you want. You can get loot from one world boss per week.

• Like 1

Just now, Blainie said:

I can't remember who suggested it, but someone on the forums suggested that you allow every boss to spawn and you can kill whichever you want. You can get loot from one world boss per week.

That would be a good solution as well.  That way people that are farming an item can actually do just that... farm the item.

I get that Blizzard is trying to keep things randomized and not get into a rut of meticulously scheduling everything, however I honestly thing they went overboard on the RNG this expansion.

World boss rotation is RNG,  Legendary drops are RNG (7.2 and before legendaries are targeted via relinquished tokens, but 7.2.5 legendaries are not.), The damage/dps a lot of rotations can put out are based on RNG procs from talents/passives/artifacts.

I feel like too much in the game now is random and not enough structured, I still think the game is in a better state than WoD, but I do think there are aspects that can majorly be improved upon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeathsDesign said:

That would be a good solution as well.  That way people that are farming an item can actually do just that... farm the item.

It also forces you to make a choice - do you want a chance at an Unstable Arcanocrystal or do you want your artifact skin?

• Like 1

Just now, Blainie said:

It also forces you to make a choice - do you want a chance at an Unstable Arcanocrystal or do you want your artifact skin?

Exactly.  Although I do feel like it would sort of present an issue over time, that some world bosses won't be touched until people get their artifact skin and an Arcanocrystal they're satisfied with.  But I'm not sure currently what a good solution to that issue would be.

6 minutes ago, DeathsDesign said:

Exactly.  Although I do feel like it would sort of present an issue over time, that some world bosses won't be touched until people get their artifact skin and an Arcanocrystal they're satisfied with.  But I'm not sure currently what a good solution to that issue would be.

Multiple-boss rotations? 3 bosses spawn per week or something, rather than 1? Increases chance of seeing bosses while still allowing for some RNG/wait time.

1 minute ago, Blainie said:

Multiple-boss rotations? 3 bosses spawn per week or something, rather than 1? Increases chance of seeing bosses while still allowing for some RNG/wait time.

I think this would work.  Possibly making one of the bosses guaranteed to drop an artifact skin with the other 2 bosses being random?

36 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I mean sure, but that choice is being made for you today already. Except today you have more useless results. Instead of choosing between Artifact Skin or Arcanocrystal, right now you get told which loot table your gear might come from and there is a 6/8 chance it's not your artifact skin or Arcanocrystal. (Assuming a normal weekly rotation as accounting who does and does not have an artifact skin tied to a world boss and determining % based on actual frequency of spawn is too much work).

26 minutes ago, DeathsDesign said:

I think this would work.  Possibly making one of the bosses guaranteed to drop an artifact skin with the other 2 bosses being random?

Yeah, something like that.

1 minute ago, Thorosofbeer said:

I mean sure, but that choice is being made for you today already. Except today you have more useless results. Instead of choosing between Artifact Skin or Arcanocrystal, right now you get told which loot table your gear might come from and there is a 6/8 chance it's not your artifact skin or Arcanocrystal. (Assuming a normal weekly rotation as accounting who does and does not have an artifact skin tied to a world boss and determining % based on actual frequency of spawn is too much work).

The issue is, there are times where, for example, something like Nithogg didn't spawn for 3+ months while a boss like Shar'thos spawned 4-5 times in that same amount of time. 

Changing the system to have multiple spawns or mass spawns and loot lockouts let you decide what to target while still allowing for RNG drop chances etc.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

In Patch 7.3, world bosses will be on a fixed rotation. See here.

It's a good attempt at a fix, however with the amount of world bosses, we're still looking at almost 3 months between chances for anything.  

11 bosses, 1 per week, 11 weeks before seeing the first boss in the rotation again... IF they keep it on a fixed rotation like they said.  In retrospect I don't even see this as a real fix, more of a "we gotta do something or the villagers will storm the gates" kinda thing.

And what if Nazak and Nithogg are 2 of the last in the rotation (which I highly doubt or Blizzard headquarters might end up without the heads lol)?

I almost get the feeling that Blizzard isn't quite sure how to appease the public and in a panic because they don't want to lose the population on top of having to worry about so much more content to create and add.  I feel like Blizzard has done so much more to keep people this expansion compared to WoD, and they are desparately trying to hold on to that.

I mean don't get me wrong, I applaude them for what they've accomplished.  I think this expansion has seen more original ideas and more content than any expansion previously and possibly most combined.  It's the little things that turn big if not addressed. 

8 minutes ago, DeathsDesign said:

It's a good attempt at a fix, however with the amount of world bosses, we're still looking at almost 3 months between chances for anything.  

11 bosses, 1 per week, 11 weeks before seeing the first boss in the rotation again... IF they keep it on a fixed rotation like they said.  In retrospect I don't even see this as a real fix, more of a "we gotta do something or the villagers will storm the gates" kinda thing.

And what if Nazak and Nithogg are 2 of the last in the rotation (which I highly doubt or Blizzard headquarters might end up without the heads lol)? 

At least you are counting down to a specific date now, though, rather than just praying it happens soon

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blainie said:

At least you are counting down to a specific date now, though, rather than just praying it happens soon

Very good point, It's a better solution than the current situation, and also gives Blizzard a springboard to improve upon in the future.

18 hours ago, Lloydumus said:

Did anyone else notice that the title of this article has the wrong month? Haha

Oh, nice catch! Fixed it - didn't notice at all and I've been posting here multiple times :p