FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
EgoReaper

Destro Lock Reforging help

Hey to all the amazing warlocks out there.

I've been playing my warlock a bit more and am trying to get my dps up to a decent point. So, I first thing I do is start working on my reforges (because I never bothered with em until now lol). I'm looking at AMR's reforges as opposed to the reforges suggested on the site, and they are different. AMR suggest Crit>Haste>Mastery.

Is there a haste breakpoint it's trying to get me to that I need to set?

I'm almost ready for the SoO LFRs and not being optimized is almost a garaunteed kick there =P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/D%c3%a1rkego/simple

You're trying to improve your DPS, so I'm sure you'll be in the top 3 in SoO LFR.  What a disaster that place is. 

AMR gives single target priorities.  For almost all of SoO, you want to prioritize Mastery > Haste >= Crit.  If you don't use Havoc properly, don't use Shadowburn to maximum efficiency, and have horrible timing with your Chaos Bolt to not maximize it with trinket procs, then stick with Crit.  If you want to make yourself better, go with Mastery and rock your class.

• Like 1

Destro doesn't really deal with Haste thresholds.  Immolate is just Immolate.  The focus on your rotation is making Incinerate, Chaos Bolt, and Shadowburn hurt more.

• Like 1

Iron Qon:

Immolate uptime 72%.  Get this higher.

Average Chaos Bolt was just over 400k.  Doesn't look like you're lining this up with procs.

Inner Brilliance and Yu'lon's Bite?  You're using shitty trinkets...replace ASAP.

I don't see any potions used.

No Terrorguard?!  It's free DPS!

Looks like similar issues throughout.  Your trinkets stink.  That's of no fault of yours.  Fix your Immolate uptime, use potions, and use your Terrorguard.

• Like 1

Without Trinket procs, I'm sitting about 350k Chaos bolts, if not lower. I don't think I actually remembered my terrorguard till Lei Shen lol. Thanks for all the help Zagam.

I would suggest enchanting your gear as well.  I wouldn't expect big numbers off Chaos bolt for a few reasons.

1. Trinkets are bad.  You want Wushoolays and Breath from ToT, or Purified Bindings from Immerseus.  Even Cha-Ye's is good.

Line up your Dark Soul with the new trinket procs, pool embers so you have 3+ or so when you get the double trinket proc and then unload all embers with the triple proc up of double trinket and Dark Soul.  That will maximize your CB damage.

I would also spec KJC not Archimondes so you can keep casting Incinerate while having to move.  I think moving while casting incinerate is more valuable in raids than double dark soul for Destruction as you are limited in the use of Dark Soul because you are ember capped (can't generate enough to exploit the double Dark Soul anyways, especially at your crit levels)

2. You specced away from Int and Crit to mastery.  This is fine, but it makes Incinerate and Immolate more important than Chaos Bolt.  You must keep Immo up (on every target for Ember generation) and spam the crap out of Incinerate as CB is not a huge nuke for you, keep Conflagrate on CD.  Burn a non-procced CB to give yourself some time to regen mana when you run out from Incin spam, but you really want to pool embers for triple proc burst with havoc as much as possible.

I once gemmed/forged completely into Crit and got my CBs up to about 800-900K on average, I was quite surprised, as a random aside.

Lastly, to increase your DPS and numbers of available embers, make sure to always use Havoc on CD when there are multiple targets and get double CB out on cooldown.  Keep ROF up on multiple targets always. If one of the targets is at 20% or less, put havoc on THE OTHER target (with a macro that havocs it then switches you back to your current target) then spam out 3 Shadowburns instead of a single Chaos bolt.  You must learn to do this effectively to maximize your DPS and uptime on the targets.  Sniping adds is also huge DPS boost as you get double embers back when you kill an add, which makes it easy to unload 3-4 CBs when you get your Dark soul up or trinket procs.

Destro is fun to play but difficult to get a lot of DPS out of consistently because it's highly dependent on lining up 4 CBs with dark soul and trinkets.  Unbuffed CBs are garbage, non havoced CBs are weak, etc.  The trick is generating embers as fast as possible and using them all when your procs are up.

GL

How about the trinket off of the Dark Shamans? I've done all other bosses this week with no luck. I know it's an up simply because of the int proc alone, but on an overall scale, That chance to deal an extra 33% is pretty strong right?

How about the trinket off of the Dark Shamans? I've done all other bosses this week with no luck. I know it's an up simply because of the int proc alone, but on an overall scale, That chance to deal an extra 33% is pretty strong right?

The more spells hit/tick on the target/s the better that trinket becomes. Statistically it doesn't matter what spec you use, but you will see more consistent damage with Affliction over Destro/Demo. What's the proc rate, 3%?

The more spells hit/tick on the target/s the better that trinket becomes. Statistically it doesn't matter what spec you use, but you will see more consistent damage with Affliction over Destro/Demo. What's the proc rate, 3%?

My atlas loot says 11.1% chance in the LFR for the multistrike.

about 1 proc per minute for the int bonus

My atlas loot says 11.1% chance in the LFR for the multistrike.

about 1 proc per minute for the int bonus

33% * 11.1% = 3.663% damage increase from the proc + int bonus.

As a lock trying to improve his deeps, rotation is important.  I also have trouble keeping immolate up 100%. Also with Doomguard/terrorguard, I have a subconscious reaction to click it when heroisim/timewarp/whatever is cast.  

This isn't particularly correct.  Multistrike will proc a decent amount.  It doesn't matter if it procs a high amount of DoT ticks or a low number of nukes, the overall damage contribution of it will even out regardless of how your spec plays.  For Affliction Warlocks, I've seen this trinket beat their legendary cape proc.  I haven't seen it on a Demo or Destro yet, but I'm pining to get it for Destruction.  Something about getting extra damage on my Chaos Bolts or Shadowburns just excites the shit out of me.

33% * 11.1% = 3.663% damage increase from the proc + int bonus.

This is relatively close to how it will be calculated.  The proc rate is adjusted by item level, so the damage increase contribution will vary.  it will also vary on the number of targets you are hitting.  More targets = more procs = higher damage contribution.  The value you listed is the overall average value of that trinket over a large number of pulls...on individual single target fights, you should see a value a litttle above or below that.

How about going over 100% mastery? Right now, I'm going for the 10,124 immolate breakpoint, and then stacking mastery. If I have full raid buffs I'm over 100% mastery. Is this wasted stats? I'm not sure if damage is still increased past 100%. Would it be better to go full on mastery, or put those haste stats into crit? Here is my armory for reference.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Peatzah/advanced

Have you tried to hit a breakpoint for Immolate at all? I figured since all of the recent buffs it wasn't a terrible idea to try and get some extra ticks in. Not sure if it'll be a dps increase to go full on mastery as oppose to the haste (10,124) > mastery route that I've been taking.

This isn't particularly correct.  Multistrike will proc a decent amount.  It doesn't matter if it procs a high amount of DoT ticks or a low number of nukes, the overall damage contribution of it will even out regardless of how your spec plays.  For Affliction Warlocks, I've seen this trinket beat their legendary cape proc.  I haven't seen it on a Demo or Destro yet, but I'm pining to get it for Destruction.  Something about getting extra damage on my Chaos Bolts or Shadowburns just excites the shit out of me.

This is relatively close to how it will be calculated.  The proc rate is adjusted by item level, so the damage increase contribution will vary.  it will also vary on the number of targets you are hitting.  More targets = more procs = higher damage contribution.  The value you listed is the overall average value of that trinket over a large number of pulls...on individual single target fights, you should see a value a litttle above or below that.

That's why I said statistically it doesn't matter, Affliction is just more consistent. Think sample size in statistics, Affliction has a larger sample size (more hits) than the other two, so it is closer to the true value than Desto/Demo is.

I think we're arguing the same point, lol...

You say po-tah-to, I say po-tay-to.  Same thing.  It's just one of those fickle things that'll change every pull.  No clear way to analyze it.  Who know paying attention to statistics would pay off in the long run?

On malkorok normal last night I rolled as destro. KTT multi strike was 6.6% of my DMG. Having a 400k trinket hit from a 1.2mil CB is nice lol. 561 KTT has a 15.1% chance and procs just over 12k spell power. I got lucky with woosh procs at the same time. Also, from what I've read and tested. Stat priority should be mastery >= crit >> haste. This is due to the change in rppm and ROF not being spammed for embers. In fnb instances your high crit will generate plenty of embers.

I deprioritize Crit and find myself flooded with Burning Embers in FnB situations, so it sounds like you're wasting Crit when you could be stacking more Mastery.  Stat priority should be as you listed for single target ONLY, so your Malkorok is a decent example, but there's not a lot of other fights out there set up like this.  6.6% of your damage from Multistrike seems like a good RNG parse because it should average out to 5%, so you got about a 1.5% over expected rate...don't expect that rate often, and be just as prepared to see a 3.5% contribution as you were to get a 6.6% contribution.

Through my experience, I've found haste to be a bit more valuable than crit. As with the 10 second window from the trinkets I have to be too short to unload all my choas bolts with low haste. I found my self not being able to hover around 3.5 embers due to this. My stats right now are mastery>haste>crit.

Have we come to a general consensus that the best trinkets for destro are Bindings and KTT? Or does the garrosh trinket pull far ahead in all the tests? Not many people have it yet, so its probably tough to test.

KTT is going to give scattered results in terms of damage gained.  With BBoY, getting a bonus 25k Intellect on your Chaos Bolt plus a snapshotted Immolate is pretty powerful.  I have reason to believe this is what is separating me from most other Destruction Warlocks.  I'm playing with Wush + BBoY and opening with 2 2.5M+ Chaos Bolts and making it so that my average Chaos Bolt is over 1.0M damage.  KTT will accelerate in usefulness the more targets you are hitting, but nothing comes close to a Havoc'd Chaos Bolt with a 10 stack of BBoY.

BBoY requires skillful use of the trinket.  Those who utilize it will perform extremely well.  Those who don't are far better suited to play with a passive trinket.

Isn't BBoY basically a WAY better Wush? I like to think I'm good at taking advantage of Wush, with running as many chaos bolts as i can, while still keeping in mind snap shotting a Immolate at the end. I've had terrible luck with trinket drops, and I'm still running with ToT lfr trinkets at 545 ilvl. Bindings (normal) + KTT (normal) seem like the best thing to strive for, with Bindings (normal) + BBoY (flex) being a realistic shot for me in the future.