Vlad

Heroes of the Storm Garrosh

16 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Garrosh build guide for Heroes of the Storm.

Moving this to the proper thread:

5 hours ago, TSRD said:

I've been getting a number of games in with Garrosh and am a huge fan of In For The Kill at level 4.  In For The Kill does a ton of work helping fix Garrosh's weak wave clear and gives him slightly better objective/merc camp ability while also giving him excellent sustain between fights.

Compared to In For The Kill, Thirst for Battle is really lacking in my eyes.  Two seconds off only Bloodthirst and only when you're hitting a hero just doesn't feel like anywhere near enough payoff to me.  If you've pulled an enemy away to fight alone then your probably doing ok and don't need the cooldown as much (because you should have a numbers advantage against them and the fight will end quickly).  If you're hip deep in the enemy team you're probably either going to win/lose too quickly for the cooldown to matter (or just get CC'd).  It's only in those elongated running fights that it'll add up and even then I don't know if it'll add up to more than one or two extra swings (and that's assuming you have the opportunity to use the skill on cooldown to not waste the cooldown reduction).

Indomitable is the much better ability IMO if you're ok ignoring In For The Kill's PvE advantages and are focusing on team fights.  Where Thirst for Battle needs fairly specific situations to be good in and even then has uncertain value, Indomitable is almost always going to be extremely strong whenever you need it to be.  This sure value at exactly the time you want it is a big plus in my book (ignoring the fact that Unstoppable is a stronger effect than a conditional cooldown reduction).

In my experience I would be giving In For The Kill and Indomitable green check marks and Thirst for Battle a red X but that's just me.

On the first page the author uses both Armour Up and Double Up when talking about the level 13 talent.

9 hours ago, TSRD said:

helping fix Garrosh's weak wave clear

Wow, when you don't read tooltips properly.
Thanks for this comment. I was like how does Bloodthirst help waveclear, then I reread the tooltip.

I was only using it to heal, but this makes so much sense.

5 hours ago, Guest XeaKon said:

On the first page the author uses both Armour Up and Double Up when talking about the level 13 talent.

Hey, I am unable to find the issue you are describing. Could you please specify where it is?

Garrosh is absurdly resilient in the two Tank + two Support meta, specially by going with the Main Tank build. Pair him with the likes of Zarya, Tassadar and Stukov/Malfurion and he never ever dies. I'd say that shielding him can be more effective than actively healing, as in a way his trait is very similar to Zul'jin's (the lower his HP the better he is).

I find Stukov particularly powerful when paired with Garrosh. With the right setup, you can throw an enemy with Garrosh into your team's backline and proceed to Massive Shove the victim with Stukov into the gates of the structures. It's hilarious.

• Like 1

Can someone help me understand the math to body checks dmg boost? It raise dmg is raised by 200persent of your armor up bonus but wouldn't that mean itd do a huge amount of dmg?

59 minutes ago, 50m8r4 said:

Can someone help me understand the math to body checks dmg boost? It raise dmg is raised by 200persent of your armor up bonus but wouldn't that mean itd do a huge amount of dmg?

If I understood the talent correctly, being at 2% HP means the bonus is 49 (98% HP missing with 1 armour per 2% missing). You get 200% increase, which results in +98 damage. The base damage of the talent is 111 (+4%/lvl) damage, so that means you are getting an 88% increase in damage while at 2% health. 
With Double Up, the armour goes up by 100%, so you are at 98 armour. 200% of 98 is 196 damage. 

The extra damage isn't great, but it is still a nice bonus. 

Is body check even a viable talent? I tried it several times, but it seems like a waste of a talent and time. The damage is barely noticeable and the slow barely counts as a peel. In addition, the range of body check is so small that's it's useless for a displacement hero that everybody avoids.

4 hours ago, Trensicourt said:

Is body check even a viable talent? I tried it several times, but it seems like a waste of a talent and time. The damage is barely noticeable and the slow barely counts as a peel. In addition, the range of body check is so small that's it's useless for a displacement hero that everybody avoids.

Body Check is a good talent, even though the damage is not amazing (not awful either, tough). It is indeed the weakest talent of the three, but it is still good enough to be competitive. Currently I would recommend the Main Tank build instead.

A change to the guide is coming tomorrow, which may address your concerns.

On 8/29/2017 at 9:21 PM, Trensicourt said:

I would only go Body Check if the level 7 reduced healing talent would be exceptionally good that match.  Warbreaker is just too good to give up otherwise.  In situations where the reduced healing talent is very good however (multiple enemy healers and/or heroes with a lot of self sustain), Body Check can be viable there.

On a different topic, still not impressed with Thirst for Battle compared to In For The Kill.  I don't consider In For The Kill to be nearly as situational as the description says it is and I still have trouble seeing the supposed value Thirst for Battle brings to the table.

Edited by TSRD

I haven't played Garrosh before. Since he's on F2P rotation I played several games with him and I'm glad I didn't buy him. Definitely strong and I have no real things complain about him but he's a totally boring hero to play, at least for me :D

10 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

I haven't played Garrosh before. Since he's on F2P rotation I played several games with him and I'm glad I didn't buy him. Definitely strong and I have no real things complain about him but he's a totally boring hero to play, at least for me :D

His gameplay is quite engaging due his ability combo mechanics that can get a lot of easy kills, as you can punish mispositioning quite hard. But I don't really like playing as him either (but I more than welcome a good Garrosh player in my team).

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.