FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Allegro

Opening new packs, what did you get?

I paid for 50 packs, and with the recent promotions and saved up gold I had another 17. Out of those, I got Prince Keleseth, Prince Valanar, Moorabi, and the Garrosh death knight. Not bad, I play shaman and warrior fairly often so I'll almost certainly use them.

I really wanted the Anduin death knight, but I'll wait until i finish the solo adventures to craft him. 

What did you get?

• Like 1

So far I only opened 6 packs, but got Archbishop Benedictus in the first one. Can't wait to open my preorder tomorrow on EU server.

• Like 1

I got very, very, lucky with my packs this afternoon.  Out of 108 I got Druid DK, Hunter DK, Golden Sindragosa, Mage DK, Priest DK, Lilian Voss, Golden Warrior DK, and Golden Prince Valanar plus the Paladin DK form the Adventure Prologue.

• Like 1

56 packs and I opened Professor Putricide, Blood Queen Lanathel, Anduin, Lilian Voss.

I got Gul'dan from the Prologue and I had more then enough dust to craft The Lich King, since he's the one card I really wanted more then anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

So far I only opened 6 packs, but got Archbishop Benedictus in the first one. Can't wait to open my preorder tomorrow on EU server.

In the same camp. Waiting for a chance to unload stockpiled gold and dust on EU server.

• Like 1

DK cards: Deathstalker Rexar, Golden Shadowreaper Anduin, (:D:D:D:D:D) Valeera the Hollow, Bloodreaver Gul'Dan and Scourgeland Garrosh.

Non DK cards. Archbishop Benedictus, Lilian Voss, Arfus, (:D:D:D:D) and this guy

Hearthstone Screenshot 08-10-17 17.50.54.png

• Like 1

Wow, a lot of legendaries!

I saved up enough gold for 46 Packs and opened Bloodqueen Lanathel (meh) and Prince Taldaram (very meh), besides 9 Epics.

My free DK was Rexxar (meh).

So I'am a bit disappointed.

Just finished opening packs on EU. From 57 packs I got Arfus and DK Thrall (after 38 packs ? ), and got DK Anduin from the prologue mission. 

LOL, I knew it.

My first legendary (it was the first pack, that was nice) - the totally useless Archbishop.

There are so many exicint and good new cards, it was obvious I'd get the only useless one :(

40 packs.

2 legendarys, Archbishop (first pack) + Arfus (30th pack)

11 epics

I feel quite humbled now.

Nothing to build a new deck around.

Well, doesn't matter, I'll wait a week or two and look around which 3 decks are the most powerful now.

Then I'll see if there is one I don't need tons of cards to craft for and I'll go with this one.

So. I woke up early. Opened Hearthsone. Converted my accumulated gold in packs. Went to opening packs. Found that I somehow purchased packs from the wrong expansion. Facepalmed hard.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Strongpoint said:

So. I woke up early. Opened Hearthsone. Converted my accumulated gold in packs. Went to opening packs. Found that I somehow purchased packs from the wrong expansion. Facepalmed hard.

Oh man, that sucks :( What xpac did you buy?

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

Oh man, that sucks :( What xpac did you buy?

Old Gods :D I don't know how I clicked on it. I was way too sleepy to remember.

Also, I got the worst free deathnight, hunter's one (still will have fun with him in reno hunter in wild)

In any case I got Lilian Voss, crafted The Lich king and have tons of fun with burgle rogue (fun fact: death knight cards count as cards from different class).

Edited by Strongpoint

2 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

Oh damn :(

33 packs, 4 legendaries, few epics. Prince Valanar (+400 dust) in 1st pack, Hadronox (probably will dust him as well... later) in 5th, Arfus in ~15th and Malfurious in 33rd (although I don't really like Druid as a class, so I'll probably dust him along with Hadronox)

Free DK was Thrall. OK-ish, but not what I really wanted.

Then I crafted Manduin, Daddy Uther and the Lich King, and will probably also craft Gul'Dangerous, because why not?

9 hours ago, Ktosislav said:

33 packs, 4 legendaries, few epics. Prince Valanar (+400 dust) in 1st pack, Hadronox (probably will dust him as well... later) in 5th, Arfus in ~15th and Malfurious in 33rd (although I don't really like Druid as a class, so I'll probably dust him along with Hadronox)

Free DK was Thrall. OK-ish, but not what I really wanted.

Then I crafted Manduin, Daddy Uther and the Lich King, and will probably also craft Gul'Dangerous, because why not?

Nooooo don't bring Hadronox to the duster. Thats the ultimate frozen throne drama!
Hadronox is one of my most desired cards and Malfurion is just a must have too for making the rly strong Frozen throne version of ramp Druid. Of course the Lich King and in my case Nzoth must also be in this "KFT Nzoth-Taunt-Ramp- Druid deck".

offtopic
Ramp Druid used to be my favorite deckstyle during whispers o/t old gods. I know Nzoth is exagerating on value but i just want the biggest collection of monsters :) Well also the biggest monsters...so biggest collection with biggest monsters. Reviving all taunt guys twice :)
/offtopic

Anywayz Read my lips: "I do not   buy packs" but still I have DK Bloodreaver Guldan from the single player, Deathweaver Anduin in a pack (arena reward). Further I've craft the Lich King which is pretty over-rated. I have a feeling the true value will be visible in a few weeks. The card is rather meh.  Most of the time it doesn't decide the game at all. I also spend dust on epics and even rares to create real good decks already. Control Warlock, Dragon Priest and my own crossover Token-Ramp Druid ;)
In this early meta I just swing both ways. Integrating Ramp and  Token in 1 deck is impossible i'd normally say. Still it just seems to have a lot of win-conditions and my opponent doesnt know which style I'm playing.

btw: Warlock is true insanity...heeps of fun :D
...and what is the deal with DK Guldan's hero power??
Deal 3 damage with lifesteal??? Seriously?
Maybe Ben Brode started drinking during the design process ;)

Strongest card? Ultimate infestation!!!

Edited by Esthirel

On 8/11/2017 at 1:51 AM, KingMe said:

DK cards: Deathstalker Rexar, Golden Shadowreaper Anduin, (:D:D:D:D:D) Valeera the Hollow, Bloodreaver Gul'Dan and Scourgeland Garrosh.

Non DK cards. Archbishop Benedictus, Lilian Voss, Arfus, (:D:D:D:D) and this guy

Hearthstone Screenshot 08-10-17 17.50.54.png

Can i ask how many packs did you open to obtain all these goodies??I will soon post my results of last night's 56-pack opening.

So here are the results (no screenshots though,sorry) of 56 packs,opened at the same time.

Golden common 5

Rare  57

Golden Rare 4

Epic 8

Legendary 3 (Malfurion the Pestilent ,Thrall, DeathseerPrince Valanar)

No Golden Legendaries.Actually never seen them after opening more than 110 packs lately in both Un' Goro and Knights.Do you think it's normal?How do you find this pack opening?Is it really so unlucky as i believe it is?

Edited by Karayan7
Added content

3 minutes ago, Karayan7 said:

Can i ask how many packs did you open to obtain all these goodies??I will soon post my results of last night's 56-pack opening.

165 packs

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Karayan7 said:

No Golden Legendaries.Actually never seen them after opening more than 110 packs lately in both Un' Goro and Knights.Do you think it's normal?How do you find this pack opening?Is it really so unlucky as i believe it is?

Your packs weren't great, that's for sure. Your legendary count wasn't bad (it was quite good for my standards). But compared to the amount of legendaries others get it wasn't great.

And the rest was very mediocre. You got an average dust of 85. That is bad, especially if you take into account that you get a guaranteed legendary after the first 10 packs.

If I may be so bold and link my own thread in which I took a look at the average dust / pack:

@WedgeAntilles i have already read and understood your thread about dust/pack.For this pack opening i didn't calculate the average ratio,instead i summed the total dust i gained from all the packs,considering i dusted only doubles or more, no golden cards were dusted and no undusted cards were counted in .The total amount was 895.So i guess the relative ratio of dust/pack is around 16.

Maybe the overall sensation is a little bad,honestly i wanted one golden legendary to be happy,but hey...More will come!

Still the first legendary came indeed at the 7th pack.Do you have any link about the pity timer?That's something i haven't read about yet.

I don't have a Blizzard Source ready, but it is definitly officially confirmed. There is a pity timer:

If you don't get a legendary, the chance of getting a legendary increases when you open the next pack (of the same expansion!)

That starts at around 30 packs without legendary IIRC and only a little bit.

At around 35 packs without legendary the chances of getting a legendary the next pack increase drastically.

Until 39 packs, if you don't get a legendary then the chances increase to 100% -> your next (the 40th) pack has with a 100% chance a legendary in it.

Edit: That was why Blizzard awarded 2000dust to some players a week ago. There has been a bug with the pity timer not kicking in properly.

Edited by Guest

Given that all this is about probability,the counter is something relative right?I say that because today i hit 2 legendaries in 8 packs distance in Un'Goro (will post details later in the day).That means that you will probably get a legendary after a calculated maximum of 40 packs from the last one.

If you disagree or there is some other kind of detail i would be happy to know!

9 minutes ago, Karayan7 said:

Given that all this is about probability,the counter is something relative right?I say that because today i hit 2 legendaries in 8 packs distance in Un'Goro (will post details later in the day).That means that you will probably get a legendary after a calculated maximum of 40 packs from the last one.

If you disagree or there is some other kind of detail i would be happy to know!

No, actually, the legendary drop rate for any kind of pack is around 1/20. This is the average number. If you obtained 2 legendaries in 10 packs, it is great, normally the number of legendaries you get from 10 packs is 1/2, in average of course.

Pity timer is the number of packs that will give you one guaranteed legendary. If you haven't obtained a legendary from 39 packs, 40th one will get you one for sure. But we can't say that, legendary drop rate is 1/40.

Note that, every set has its own pity timer.  If you open 39 packs from Un'Goro and not get a legendary, this doesn't mean you will guaranteed to get one from a classic pack. 

For the average number of packs calculation, card set it is not important, you could basically open 4 packs from each expansion. Because, cards are determined at the moment of opening, and chance of a legendary is around 5%.

To sum up; average number of packs you should open to get a legendary is 20 (5 for epics), and number of packs from which you will get one guaranteed legendary is 40 (10 for epics). Pity-timer works for packs from a single set. Average number works from cross-set pack openings too.

Today's pickings after 30 packs combined of Un'Goro and Knights:

Un'Goro

Common  50

Golden Common  1

Rare  16

Epic  2

Golden Epic  1

Legendary  1 (Elise the Trailblazer)

And finally my first Golden Legendary ever!!

598f13bff406c_HearthstoneScreenshot08-12-1712_39_38.thumb.png.ec860de1a71d27a3768286b9bd0c888f.png

Knights

Common  47

Golden Common  3

Rare  19

Epic  2

Golden Epic  1

Legendary  3 (Ghost pup , Prince Taldaram , Lilian Voss)

Total Dust Outcome  895