FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ogii

Elite Warlock UI's

Hey dudes,

So I'm trying to optimize my Warlock play and I'm not sure my UI is set up to allow for that.  I realize UIs are totally personal and you should do what you're comfortable with, but I am still curious to see how the really skilled Warlocks who drive these forums set up their UI.

Would any of you be willing to link some screen caps of you in game, or better yet, in raid?

Thanks in advance!

Hey dudes,

So I'm trying to optimize my Warlock play and I'm not sure my UI is set up to allow for that.  I realize UIs are totally personal and you should do what you're comfortable with, but I am still curious to see how the really skilled Warlocks who drive these forums set up their UI.

Would any of you be willing to link some screen caps of you in game, or better yet, in raid?

Thanks in advance!

I like this idea, but please list the addons you are using.

I've cleaned up some stuff a bit since this screenshot but it should give you a general idea. Only difference in raids is grid on the left and DBM timers.

Main things I've done to clean it up is removed the Shadowed unit frames ember/shard tracking (purple bottom bar under my health) since it was redundant, I mainly used it for fury when I use to play demo. I also removed my warlock dots from Class timers (Corruption, Agony, UA for warlock) which you can see above the enemy health bar since I look at Affdots all the time now when I play warlock and it was redundant.

I've also changed my WA a bit to have a glow effect on trinket procs so it's more noticable in combat. So overall things aren't as busy.

3pgtZZm.jpg

How did you get your affdots to show up separately for your focus? Is it in the settings? Damn that would be so useful.

Settings, General, show focus frame.

Mine's not that great, but it works for me. For lack of screen shot, here's me on Norushen as Affliction. I've had to make some changes to my Destro WAs, so I can't link that. 

c88M65m.jpg

Only thing that changes in raid is that I have timers on the left side of the screen.

I like this idea, but please list the addons you are using.

Oh..um...lets see here...

WeakAuras

TidyPlates

Gnosis

AffDots

Baggon

BarTender

Shadowed Unit Frame

Skada

Sexymap

Raven

Chatter

VuhDo

IceHud

Still working on it, but less ugly than previous incarnations of the UI. Thanks to locky for his Soulshard/Ember WeakAuras

X5MH9Ux.jpg

AddOns (pictured):

WeakAuras

AffDots

ElvUI

Skada

TidyPlates

VuhDo

xCT+

Edited by Annoroth

Today, I learned that a lot of Warlocks play with a bunch of shit in the middle of their screen.  I must be OCD wanting to keep stuff near the bottom and sides.  I'm not sure I could play with all of you guys' UIs.

• Like 3

I try to just keep what I need around my character enough that I don't have to look away to see things I need to know. There are a lot of players that use almost entirely stock UI, which baffles me. To each his or her own I suppose.

Today, I learned that a lot of Warlocks play with a bunch of shit in the middle of their screen.  I must be OCD wanting to keep stuff near the bottom and sides.  I'm not sure I could play with all of you guys' UIs.

Same here. I need the center clear.

DaggothUI.jpg

Same here. I need the center clear.

DaggothUI.jpg

Do you have your entire spellbook in that massive line of action bars?  Holy cowabunga.  Also, to hell with the dude linking Bindings.  And does Fuzzy really not know what that key does? 

• Like 1

Do you have your entire spellbook in that massive line of action bars?  

No, he doesnt have...his...um...wait...why the fuck do you have a stack of mana potions?

C'mon, Locky, can't you see?  He ran out of Potions of the Jade Serpent.  Now he can bypass one Life Tap per fight!  He's definitely more prepared than you are!

I'd go crazy if I had to track my Affdots in that tiny little area at the top left of all the skills.

I feel like Seraph is constantly looking at the top left of their screen and the bottom right as well as everywhere else during a fight.

C'mon, Locky, can't you see?  He ran out of Potions of the Jade Serpent.  Now he can bypass one Life Tap per fight!  He's definitely more prepared than you are!

Gnome = 5% more mana = 15k free mana = 1.1 more Conflags before life tapping = I win.

Gnome = 5% more mana = 15k free mana = 1.1 more Conflags before life tapping = I win.

Destruction = no Life Tap.  BUSTED!  You're not a real Warlock.  Who's playing your toon?

• Like 1

Detective Zagam on the case.

I guess you could say...

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

He tapped that.

• Like 1

Damn son, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and thought Zagam was posting to a sarcastic thread, to which I followed up with a sarcastic comment, to which Zagam followed with (NOW I'M ASSUMING HERE) a reply to go to that sarcastic comment which he maybe didn't think was sarcastic.