FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Warfront Weapons in Battle for Azeroth

0AZTuAq.jpg

Warfronts in Battle for Azeroth drop faction-themed items and our first preview covers weapons!

We datamined the following weapons related to Warfronts so far (Alpha Build 26032):

Alliance

Bows

bow alliance.pngbow alliance2.pngbow alliance3.png

Daggers

dagger alliance.pngdagger alliance2.pngdagger alliance3.png

Guns

gun alliance.pnggun alliance2.pnggun alliance3.png

Maces (1H)

mace 1h alliance.pngmace 1h alliance2.pngmace 1h alliance3.pngmace 2 1h alliance.pngmace 2 1h alliance2.pngmace 2 1h alliance3.png

Maces (2H)

mace 2h alliance.pngmace 2h alliance2.pngmace 2h alliance3.pngmace 2h alliance4.png

Off-Hands

offhand alliance.pngoffhand alliance2.pngoffhand alliance3.png

Polearms

polearm 2h alliance.pngpolearm 2h alliance2.pngpolearm 2h alliance3.png

Shields

shield alliance.pngshield alliance2.pngshield alliance 3.pngshield 2 alliance.pngshield 2 alliance2.pngshield 2 alliance3.png

Staves

staff 2h alliance.pngstaff 2h alliance2.pngstaff 2h alliance3.png

Swords (1H)

sword 1h alliance.pngsword 1h alliance2.pngsword 1h alliance3.png

Swords (2H)

sword 2h alliance.pngsword 2h alliance2.pngsword 2h alliance3.pngsword 2h alliance4.png

Wands

wand alliance.pngwant alliance2.pngwand alliance3.pngwand alliance 4.png

Horde

Axes (1H)

axe 1h horde.pngaxe 1h horde2.pngaxe 1h horde3.png

Axes (2H)

axe 2h horde.pngaxe 2h horde2.pngaxe 2h horde3.pngaxe 2h horde4.png

Bows

bow horde.pngbow horde2.pngbow horde3.png

Daggers

dagger horde.pngdagger horde2.pngdagger horde 3.png

Guns

gun horde.pnggun horde2.pnggun horde3.png

Maces (1H)

mace 1h horde.pngmace 1h horde2.pngmace 1h horde3.pngmace 1h horde4.png

Maces (2H)

mace 2h horde.pngmace 2h horde2.pngmace 2h horde3.pngmace 2h horde4.png

Off-Hands

offhand horde.pngoffhand horde2.pngoffhand horde3.png

Polearms

polearm 2h horde.pngpolearm 2h horde2.pngpolearm 2h horde3.png

Shields

shield horde.pngshield horde2.pngshield 2 horde.pngshield 2 horde2.pngshield 2 horde3.png

Staves

staff 2h horde.pngstaff 2h horde2.pngstaff 2h horde3.png

Swords (1H)

sword 1h horde.pngsword 1h horde2.pngsword 1h horde3.png

Wands

wand horde.pngwand horde2.pngwand horde3.png

Warglaives

horde warglaive.pnghorde warglaive2.pngwarglaives horde2.pngwarglaives horde22.pngwarglaives horde3.pngwarglaives horde33.png

• Like 1

Those horde and alliance shields look amazing. The best part is you can easily convert an alliance shield to a horde shield by dying it in the blood of your enemies.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glaw said:

Where are the warglaives?!

Good call! Forgot to add Horde Warglaives. Thanks!

How about the Alliance glaives, if they are present yet? I need more reasons to be sad about my friends' faction choice.

4 minutes ago, Glaw said:

How about the Alliance glaives, if they are present yet? I need more reasons to be sad about my friends' faction choice.

Not yet, Glaw. I'll update the post with more weapons as they become available.

I really hate the fact that all my friends are Horde players and I never get to have all those nice alliance things... I really dislike the Horde style and love those alliance staves for example.

Wands are back! :D 

I love the themed weapons they had from the Warcraft movie promotion and I'm glad they're bringing back that concept for the expansion; the Gul'dan style staff was my favourite. 

It'd be great if they went that extra mile and made weapons more visibly themed for the individual races; guns and crossbows inspired by Goblin and Gnome tech, Night Elf warglaives, Dwarven warhammers and Nightborne wands and staves for example, including items that match PvP and racial mounts. We seen them previously work on this with Trial of the Crusader, so I have hope they have another go at it. 

I really hate the fact that all my friends are Horde players and I never get to have all those nice alliance things... I really dislike the Horde style and love those alliance staves for example.

Play both factions! It might be easier for me since my friends circle in WoW outside my guild is fairly small, but I like a bit of variety and change in scenery every now and again and have things in both factions I love playing with or seeing on my screen. It's a good way to have a breather too, get something new from the game and meet new people.

Edited by Plergoth

13 hours ago, Caeren said:

2 hours ago, Xavenir said:

Gj Blizz, again horde melee weapons sucks, if you will seek for some cool particle effects

Again Horde gets the short stick when it comes to looks. Everything with the Horde screams second hand. From race models to weapon models. 

Horde had one race model that was in any way good looking and that was BE, now alliance gets a cooler version of that too and horde gets Nightborn...a ugly version of Nightelf..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Giftless said:

Again Horde gets the short stick when it comes to looks. Everything with the Horde screams second hand. From race models to weapon models. 

Horde had one race model that was in any way good looking and that was BE, now alliance gets a cooler version of that too and horde gets Nightborn...a ugly version of Nightelf..

I 100% completely and with every fiber of my being disagree.  I think the Horde weapon skins are perfect for them.  The Horde weapons look like they're fashioned by a group that lives in a savage land, that has to survive not only the war at hand but some of the harsh environments of Kalimdor.

If you think the only good race model is the Blood Elf then you're out of your mind.  The Tauren are beautiful models that stand above the rest with such nobility and stature, the Trolls are incredible with their hidden height and strength, the Undead are the perfect image of a forsaken race not  yet forgotten, The Blood Elves are just too prim and pristine to fit into a group of people that have survived the wilderness.  The Orcs are a thing of beauty, as they embody the essential look and feel of Warcraft the unrelenting savage who's intellect is only matched by his sheer strength.

I feel like the Nightborne physically may not look the part of the Horde but their story embodies the very essence of what it means to be Horde.  That is abandoned by their own people, cast out of civilization, and just surviving to make it through to the next day.

The alliance weapons are shiny and streamlined just as they would be being produced by an established civilization with a mastery of engineering and production.

The Alliance races are all designed to show grace, nobility, and the embodiement of a true civilization.

You don't give your king a crude axe that looks like it was made by a barbarian, you give him a sword with intricate detail on the guard and pristine engravings on the hilt with the sharpest finest and shiniest blade you can produce.  You give the crude axe to your warchief because it's been drenched in the blood of his/her enemies.

To some a measure of a man is the size of his bank, to others his measure is determined by the trail of blood he leaves behind him.

I think both factions weapons look great for them, I feel like Blizzard is trying to move back to the roots of what it's like to be either Horde or Alliance.

• Like 1

I play Horde and historically, Horde skins look like crap, as though some idiot just super glued a bunch of junk together. But these Horde skins look pretty good. They have that "savage" theme that's so typical without looking like someone tried to make a weapon out of pieces of scrap metal, bone, and dog hair.

18 hours ago, Plergoth said:

I love the themed weapons they had from the Warcraft movie promotion and I'm glad they're bringing back that concept for the expansion; the Gul'dan style staff was my favourite. 

It'd be great if they went that extra mile and made weapons more visibly themed for the individual races; guns and crossbows inspired by Goblin and Gnome tech, Night Elf warglaives, Dwarven warhammers and Nightborne wands and staves for example, including items that match PvP and racial mounts. We seen them previously work on this with Trial of the Crusader, so I have hope they have another go at it. 

I totally agree with this but that's a whole HEAP of visuals to add to the game. We have a lot of races right now and many more to come if Blizz goes the way it wants to. While I would love it and it would be ideal, having so many different models for the same weapon types just doesn't seem like it's feasible right now. The only way I could see it happening is if they hired a team dedicated to just making, designing, and implementing new skins into the game.

Racial armor, like COME ON. This is the perfect time to introduce another system similar to the Dwarven Bunker from WoD where you collect a bunch of X item to get Y transmog. Update all the guards in the capital cities, then make their armor sets available! Like, have you SEEN the Ironforge Guards? Their armor looks like vanilla leftovers imo. We've got more distinction between factions, now we need more distinction between races!

21 hours ago, Plergoth said:

Wands are back! :D 

Play both factions! It might be easier for me since my friends circle in WoW outside my guild is fairly small, but I like a bit of variety and change in scenery every now and again and have things in both factions I love playing with or seeing on my screen. It's a good way to have a breather too, get something new from the game and meet new people.

Racial weapons would be a perfect addition here as well! Let Night Elf DH's get Sentinel Warglaives from the Darnassian Guards... I mean, they won't need them anymore :P

1 hour ago, Pottermore said:

Racial armor, like COME ON. This is the perfect time to introduce another system similar to the Dwarven Bunker from WoD where you collect a bunch of X item to get Y transmog. Update all the guards in the capital cities, then make their armor sets available! Like, have you SEEN the Ironforge Guards? Their armor looks like vanilla leftovers imo. We've got more distinction between factions, now we need more distinction between races!

Racial weapons would be a perfect addition here as well! Let Night Elf DH's get Sentinel Warglaives from the Darnassian Guards... I mean, they won't need them anymore :P

Personally I think all races should have Heritage Armor. Night Elves should get the sweet NPC armor of Sisters of the Moon and so forth. NPCs always get all the good stuff!

4 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

Looks like China will have some censoring work to do for Horde weapons.

Moar boxes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Following the impressive design off the artifacts weapons, this just look painfully lackluster by comparison.

Every new chunk of information, just keeps bringing my interest on this game lower and lower.

3 hours ago, Ozz0912 said:

Following the impressive design off the artifacts weapons, this just look painfully lackluster by comparison.

Several of the Artifacts at Legion launch were somewhat underwhelming in terms of looks and what they actually did -  SV and Prot Warr spring to mind especially for being a little bland before the additional cosmetic unlocks, and it took until Tomb of Sargeras t6 HD remakes to really impress me for the armour sets. I think it'll be nice to see two distinct factions this expansion in terms of looks to match the feel and am willing to wait to see later items will look like. 

We need the iconic racial weapons available, honestly. Night Elf throwing glaives or an umbra crescent, tauren totems as maces like they've have since WC3 and have on NPCs, the Troll double-bladed sword used by shadow hunters etc.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 4:10 PM, DeathsDesign said:

I 100% completely and with every fiber of my being disagree.  I think the Horde weapon skins are perfect for them.  The Horde weapons look like they're fashioned by a group that lives in a savage land, that has to survive not only the war at hand but some of the harsh environments of Kalimdor.

If you think the only good race model is the Blood Elf then you're out of your mind.  The Tauren are beautiful models that stand above the rest with such nobility and stature, the Trolls are incredible with their hidden height and strength, the Undead are the perfect image of a forsaken race not  yet forgotten, The Blood Elves are just too prim and pristine to fit into a group of people that have survived the wilderness.  The Orcs are a thing of beauty, as they embody the essential look and feel of Warcraft the unrelenting savage who's intellect is only matched by his sheer strength.

I feel like the Nightborne physically may not look the part of the Horde but their story embodies the very essence of what it means to be Horde.  That is abandoned by their own people, cast out of civilization, and just surviving to make it through to the next day.

That is not what I am talking about. Does the Horde not put in as much hard work into their weapons as the Alliance? Where is the pride?

The Horde weapons above look so bland, no intricate details, carvings. Just because the Horde are "savages" does not mean they do not take pride in their crafts imo.

And on that note..The races of the Horde are only rivaled by the elves and i am not talking about the nightelves when it comes to history and relevance on Azeroth. The trolls and the tauren have such rich history, but you see nothing of that in these weapons. 

About Character models. They should make both Tauren and male Orcs taler, they now look like been squished in a vice since birth.

It feels like most gear pieces are taylor made for some races, like most helmets look like shit on Tauren/troll.

Edited by Giftless