FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Warfront Weapons in Battle for Azeroth

9 hours ago, Giftless said:

That is not what I am talking about. Does the Horde not put in as much hard work into their weapons as the Alliance? Where is the pride?

The Horde weapons above look so bland, no intricate details, carvings. Just because the Horde are "savages" does not mean they do not take pride in their crafts imo.

And on that note..The races of the Horde are only rivaled by the elves and i am not talking about the nightelves when it comes to history and relevance on Azeroth. The trolls and the tauren have such rich history, but you see nothing of that in these weapons. 

About Character models. They should make both Tauren and male Orcs taler, they now look like been squished in a vice since birth.

It feels like most gear pieces are taylor made for some races, like most helmets look like shit on Tauren/troll.

Sure the Horde puts just as much pride in their craftsmanship.  The fact is that craftsmanship reflects the world around them.  Just because the waraxe looks crude doesn't mean it can't cleave an entire being in two.  Since Vanilla I have been a fan of the Horde and only this expansion have I even considered playing Alliance.  I have always liked Horde gear over alliance gear.  Horde armor and weapon skins to me look more realistic than Alliance skins do.

All of the races have a rich history, and they are all seen through different aspects of the game.  You don't see any race specific history in these skins because they are not race specific...  These are Horde skins, not Orc skins, or Tauren skins, or Troll skins.  Horde skins...

Tauren only look that way because of the way their spine at the neck curves foward into their bovine like heads.  Orcs necks sit lower  in the skeleton because of how broad their shoulders are so they look like they have no necks and are squished but in reality  I like the design.  Make them taller perhaps, but they would need to keep the proportions, which would end up making them massive or just weird looking if not scaled correctly.  Ideally Tauren would be the tallest race with Night Elf coming in second with Draenei and Troll coming in at 3rd, Orc actually being the 4th tallest race in the game.

The thing about Helmets and trolls/tauren is that creating a helmet that will graphically conform to the texture design for a trolls forward hunched head, and the tauren bovine style neck is honestly I bet a logistical nightmare for the graphics designers and developers ingame.  I mean seriously....

16 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

Sure the Horde puts just as much pride in their craftsmanship.  The fact is that craftsmanship reflects the world around them.  Just because the waraxe looks crude doesn't mean it can't cleave an entire being in two.  Since Vanilla I have been a fan of the Horde and only this expansion have I even considered playing Alliance.  I have always liked Horde gear over alliance gear.  Horde armor and weapon skins to me look more realistic than Alliance skins do.

I still don't feel like you get what I am trying to say here. I do not have a problem with the base style of the weapons. I do not have a problem with the weapons not looking like Alliance weapons. I do have a problem with them not having a "Oh shit i do not wanna get hit by that!!" factor. 

One Horde specific weapon that comes to mind where I feel blizz put some effort into is Replica of staff of Guldan

All of the races have a rich history, and they are all seen through different aspects of the game.  You don't see any race specific history in these skins because they are not race specific...  These are Horde skins, not Orc skins, or Tauren skins, or Troll skins.  Horde skins...

Well if that was the case why do they all look like Orc weapons? I get that most people associate the Horde with Orcs but for me the Horde is older than the Orcs time on Azeroth.

Tauren only look that way because of the way their spine at the neck curves foward into their bovine like heads.  Orcs necks sit lower  in the skeleton because of how broad their shoulders are so they look like they have no necks and are squished but in reality  I like the design.  Make them taller perhaps, but they would need to keep the proportions, which would end up making them massive or just weird looking if not scaled correctly.  Ideally Tauren would be the tallest race with Night Elf coming in second with Draenei and Troll coming in at 3rd, Orc actually being the 4th tallest race in the game.

Tauren i can understand but male Orcs are even shorter than female orcs or at least it looks like that way.  Nightelves are trolls that came in contact with the natural well and thus became Elves over a long period of time so no they are just as tall if not a bit smaller due to the transformation.

If you look at a orc ingame they are not much taller than a human male. In all the cinematics  Orcs are towering over any humans. I understand they would not be able to do that ingame but still...they look like green bulky dwarfs. I do like the female orc model tho. 

Edited by Giftless

3 hours ago, Giftless said:

I do have a problem with them not having a "Oh shit i do not wanna get hit by that!!" factor. 

This is where we disagree... There's not a single weapon skin in World of Warcraft past or future that does not have that factor for me.  I mean straight up I don't wanna get hit by any weapon.  Seriously though, I actually do feel like the Horde weapons have that factor for me, more so than the alliance weapons.  The alliance weapons to me seem designed more for show, while the Horde weapons seem designed more for functionality.

I get that most people associate the Horde with Orcs but for me the Horde is older than the Orcs time on Azeroth.

But the Horde STARTED with the Orcs.  The original Horde began when The Burning Legion began to corrupt the Orc clans of Draenor in order to destroy the Draenei.  Of course this came about because Kil'Jaeden was able to trick Ner'Zhul, who eventually saw through the trickery forcing Kil'Jaeden to find a new pawn which he found in Gul'dan.  Only in recent times has the Horde become the more peaceful faction we enjoy today comprised of Orc, Troll, Tauren, Goblin, Forsaken, Blood Elf, and now Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren.

Nightelves are trolls that came in contact with the natural well and thus became Elves over a long period of time

This is just speculation.  The origins of the Night Elves according to their own records is that a nomadic tribe of humanoids called the Kaldorei came upon the Well of Eternity and eventually evolved into the Night Elves we know today.  Because at this time continent of Azeroth was whole, this tribe roamed the jungles of Kalimdor before coming into contact with the Well of Eternity.  Due to the fact that they were a nomadic jungle tribe on Kalimdor it is theorized (not proven) that there are origin ties to the Trolls.  Although these ties are vehemently denied by the Night Elves.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:14 AM, Giftless said:

Well if that was the case why do they all look like Orc weapons? I get that most people associate the Horde with Orcs but for me the Horde is older than the Orcs time on Azeroth.

I understand what youre saying, but you have to realize - none of the alliance weapons are particularly GNOMISH, either... 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      Blizzard have offered some feedback on player comments on the Priest Hero talents on the War Within Alpha, as our own guide writer, Publik, pointed out some issues with Voidreaver.
      Priest Feedback (Source)
      Hello!
      Thanks for this well-written post on the state of Voidweaver for Shadow.
        First, to clarify the functionality of the rift: There are not current plans for there to be a pull-in effect. We’re closely watching the power level of utility coming from hero talent trees. Given the frequency of the rift, a pull-in would surpass the power level aiming for.
        We appreciate the feedback that the slow effect from the slow effect from No Escape may not be utilized as often as we’re hoping especially compared to Dark Energy. As far as gameplay goes, the Entropic Rift window feeling tough to manage is something we aim to improve on during our next pass of the tree. Beyond that, there’s a lot of great bugs and feedback points here that we’ll bring back to the team and discuss.

Some updates on the other Priest Hero Talent trees:
      We’ve updated Oracle’s design to be focused on healing instead of support mechanics and are looking for feedback about how it plays. There are a couple of talents that are not currently ready, and we’ll update those in the coming weeks, including a revision to the capstone. We’re also very excited about the visual effects for this tree and hope you are, too!
      The design for Archon is currently a work in progress. The core of the design revolves around Halo, and we’ll unveil its talents soon.
    • By Starym
      Here we are with the final week of Season 3! While Patch 10.2.6 will continue on until May 7th, the new season will change everything, as we moving on from Amirdrassil to Awakened raids! The final week has brought a lot of change all over the place, including the very top, so let's see where everyone ended up.
      Note: We are using Normalized scores instead of raw DPS for the Warcraft Logs rankings. The u.gg rankings at the bottom are raw DPS. Normalized scores take into account the outlier boss fights where certain specs could stack massive DPS (due to the nature of the fight, whether it's AoE spam or something else), which would then affect their overall score for the whole raid.
      Mythic
      Overall Damage 95th Percentile
      We have some big shifts at the top here at the end of Season 3, as Subtlety reclaims its throne once more! Frost DK proves its unstable nature and drops a huge 6 spots down into 7th, but Unholy represents the DK class a lot better and stays strong in 2nd. Outlaw joins the Rogue resurgence and moves 5 spots up into 3rd, as Retribution slots in to 4th after Elemental's big 5 spot fall. Arcane joins the big risers as it makes its way from 11th all the way up into 5th, followed by the only other stable  spec in the top 10, Fury. Arms moves two up into 8th, with Havoc closing out the patch strong, at the end of the top 10 after a giant 8-spot resurgence. The rest of the Mages huddle right outside, followed by Enhancement. The bottom 3 remains the same, as we see Feral and Beast Mastery finish at the end of the list at the end of the patch, with Augmentation still waiting for some proper calculations to find itself near the top where it belongs.

95th percentile Mythic data by Warcraft Logs.
      Overall Damage All Percentiles
      We have a different No.1 at the end of the season in the generalist bracket, and it's a relatively unexpected one! Retribution uses all those gathered Fyr'alaths to grab the very top spot from Subtlety at the end of the line, as the rest of the top 5 is filled with axe-wielders as well! Fire moves 2 up in 6th, as Outlaw makes a big move in 7th, 7 up! Havoc and Arcane close out the top 10, both rising, as we see Devastation fall down into the bottom 3, joining Beast Mastery and Augmentation.
      All percentiles Mythic data by Warcraft Logs.
      Boss Only Damage All Percentiles
      Subtlety manages to take over in the direct damage charts as well, taking Unholy down a peg, with Retribution remaining stable in 3rd. Survival drops a few spots, down to the bottom of the top 10, as both Druids huddle up and grab 6th and 7th.
      All percentiles Mythic data by Warcraft Logs.
      Heroic
      Overall Damage All Percentiles
      Heroic remains very stable at the end of the season, with only Havoc and Demonology switching places in 5th, and Feral, Survival and Shadow moving into the top 10.

All percentiles Heroic data by Warcraft Logs.

U.GG Raw Mythic DPS Rankings
      U.gg's rankings are based on actual DPS taken from Warcraft Logs data, focusing on the top players and span the past two weeks. This chart is for Mythic only.
      Affliction retains its No.1 spot in the raw DPS rankings, as the rest of the top 3 remains stable as well. We see Subtlety actually drop down here, the opposite of the points-based charts, with Demonology and Arms moving past it. Frost and Unholy DKs move up together, gaining 3 and 2 spots, respectively. Fire closes out the top 10 1 spot down, and we see the two Druids remain in the bottom 3 at the end of the season.
      Mythic chart by u.gg.

Meanwhile, if you're looking for more information you can check out our Dragonflight class guides, Amirdrassil boss guides, the raid DPS tier list, as well as more data from Warcraft Logs here.
    • By Stan
      Remember to use up any remaining Catalyst charges today before they reset tomorrow!
      Your Revival Catalyst charges will reset to zero at the start of Dragonflight Season 4. If you have any unused charges, make sure to spend them today to secure your class set bonuses.
      In Dragonflight Season 4, you'll earn Catalyst charges weekly, with the first one available tomorrow! Be sure to log in with all your alts tomorrow to claim this charge.
      For more information, visit our Revival Catalyst guide!
    • By Staff
      Dark Heart, the final patch of the Dragonflight expansion, is going live on May 7th.
      MoP Remix will go live on May 16 at 10:00 am PDT globally.
      (Source)
      Mark your calendars for the release of the next content update for Dragonflight—Dark Heart— on May 7, and for the World of Warcraft Remix: Mists of Pandaria event on May 16 at 10:00 am PDT globally!
      Dragonflight: Dark Heart
      The Dark Heart content update launches, May 7 and ushers in the final chapter of the Dragonflight expansion setting the stage for the story in the upcoming expansion, The War Within™.  
      Draenei and Troll characters can also embark on new questlines to lay claim to their new heritage armors,  Kul Tiran Humans can  select from six new hair colors, maximum-level characters will gain access to all Dragonflight regardless of Renown —and more.
      World of Warcraft Remix: Mists of Pandaria
      Get into the mix of things when the World of Warcraft Remix: Mists of Pandaria event goes live on May 16! This time-limited event allows players to re-experience the entirety of the Mists of Pandaria expansion at an accelerated rate from level 10-70. All loot has been completely overhauled and has powerful new effects allowing players to shape their experience, power up, and power on. Features include:
      Accelerated Leveling and Content allowing you to take on nearly every quest, scenario, dungeon and raid. Create a new WoW Remix character starting at level 10 to adventure through the event up to level 70. A mountain of loot: Get powerful items from everywhere— quests, chests, creatures, bosses. Customizable items allowing you to power up as far as you can go to take on tougher content. Convert unwanted items into Bronze which can be used to upgrade items or purchase cosmetics. Keep what you collect: Take your collection of transmogs with you into The War Within. Read our previously published article on the World of Warcraft Remix: Mists of Pandaria and check out the latest PTR content update notes (English only) on the forums to learn more details.  
      We look forward to taking on these new adventures with you. We'll see you in the Dragon Isles and Pandaria!
    • By Staff
      The MoP Remix release date might have been leaked due to an entry found in the War Within Closed Alpha calendar!
      As per the Alpha's in-game calendar, MoP Remix is currently scheduled to launch on May 16th and run until August 19th.
      Although Blizzard hasn't officially confirmed the launch of MoP Remix yet, it seems they intend to make it available until the War Within pre-patch.