FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
bangorme

So, is affliction out?

Affliction is the our best dps for Protectors, Iron Juggernaut, Nazgrim, Malkorok and Thok. IMO, And pretty viable and near Destro in the other fights.

So I use Destro and Affliction fight depending.

Demo is just shit now, even with some ppl trying to make the spec look "super viable", It's really disgusting where spec it's right now. Except on Thok, the Burst dps on bats it's pretty great.

Affliction is the our best dps for Protectors, Iron Juggernaut, Nazgrim, Malkorok and Thok. IMO, And pretty viable and near Destro in the other fights.

So I use Destro and Affliction fight depending.

Demo is just shit now, even with some ppl trying to make the spec look "super viable", It's really disgusting where spec it's right now. Except on Thok, the Burst dps on bats it's pretty great.

That Zagam guy won't stop until everyone of us is playing demo as main spec.

I Love Demo way more than Destro or Affli, btw, destro for me it's the worst feeling warlock spec, even with green fire.

But it's a fact that Demo it's broken.

Edited by JvChequer

I may be alone on this, but I love playing affliction, always have. There is something about being DoT focused that I really like and even when I heal, it's only on my druid.  My raid even noticed this recently as they asked me to switch to destro for a fight and I didn't perform near as well.  I just really enjoy affliction and I perform well with it, so I roll with it most of the time.  I really miss the brief moment of cata when drain life was our filler spell, when all this mastery jazz was new.

Don't ask me to go Demo... I've tried it multiple times and failed miserably.  I can do it on a training dummy for the most part.  It's just something about swapping into meta, my brain just can't process the "new" spells and I lose focus and start keyboard mashing.  I can't ever remember what does what, I know, I know, they're they same spells just altered (Sbolt -> ToC) but in the heat of the moment I fail every time.

It's just developing the skill and familiarity. Really. Each spec is like learning to play a new instrument, a language, or whatever hobby you have. Unfortunately for us, our specs change constantly and so we're constantly relearning how to play it effectively, but it keeps the game interesting.

If you want to learn the other two specs, be willing to run multiple LFR raids (even the same one over and over) for a more accurate representation of what you are doing/what you need to do. Doing so will teach you to weave spells while dodging mechanics. If you say you can do it on a dummy just fine, then bring it to a raid where you can fail without recourse. Start a world of logs and post your testing for feedback.

Before I go back Demo I will be spending quite a while running LFR's to get familiar with it again and learn the "new" rotation.

For me, each warlock spec is a class since MOP, they really did a good job with each spec having differents and unique ressources( sou shards, demonic fury,...)

I mostly play Demonology cause i farmed( and even try to solo) Ragnaros and Deathwing and obtained them for my beloved wrathtguard :

inv_mace_2h_sulfuras_d_01.jpgSulfuras, the Extinguished Hand

inv_sword_2h_deathwingraiddw_d_01.jpgGurthalak, Voice of the Deeps

There is simply no way i will change to any other spec because of some nerf, i have to show any melee class those weapons(i walways get whisper of people farming them since Cata and crying).

Not only each warlock spec is unique to the point of feeling like a class(which is nott the case in hunter and rogue), but they are equally good on each fight, coming with different advantages aand disadvantages.

Edited by Juloroh

He said Sunday that he actually didn't enjoy Demo when he played it, largely due to the lack of big opener. That's the biggest reason I won't play it. On my openers for Affliction (even with mastery/crit gear setup), Skada will show me over 600k. For Destro it's the same deal once those first two Chaos Bolts land.  Why? Everything procs and we have hero and I'm popping CDs and rolling in the deeps. Demo can't do that anymore, because we lost our amazing T15 2pc. As Zagam was saying on Sunday, you have to have some celestial alignment going on to be able to open like that. You have to pre-cast Soulfire now and get the tier bonus proc to make that happen. You can't pop DS with all procs and hero and do 20 seconds of monster damage. You have to build up some fury to pop DS, in which case many procs will be over or almost over, or simply get MAYBE half of DS spent in Meta. It's the unfortunate way Demo is at the moment.

I actually like Destro the most, but I do like Affliction as well. 

He said Sunday that he actually didn't enjoy Demo when he played it, largely due to the lack of big opener. That's the biggest reason I won't play it. 

So that's why he wants a nerf for destro... biggrin.png

The only thing that will give Demo back its opener is baking in the 2pc from ToT or starting us with 500 fury instead of 200.

The only thing that will give Demo back its opener is baking in the 2pc from ToT or starting us with 500 fury instead of 200.

Blizzard often tries out mechanics in tier bonuses first and then implements them later. Take a loot at Pallies over the last few expansions.

I agree with the starting with more fury. The Dark Soul tier bonus permanent would skew the other Dark Soul uses later in the fight.

In addition, I also think Destro should start with two embers. Affliction in its current form can have near 100% uptime on Haunt for the two full durations of empowered Agony during the opener, and that's with three SB:SS applications of dots.

Really wish they'd implement the latter.

Blizzard often tries out mechanics in tier bonuses first and then implements them later. Take a loot at Pallies over the last few expansions.

I agree with the starting with more fury. The Dark Soul tier bonus permanent would skew the other Dark Soul uses later in the fight.

In addition, I also think Destro should start with two embers. Affliction in its current form can have near 100% uptime on Haunt for the two full durations of empowered Agony during the opener, and that's with three SB:SS applications of dots.

3 SB:SS's in the opener?  o_O

I (heroic raider) play Demo most of the time (and Destro otherwise) because because playing Affliction reminds me of healing on my Druid.  And though it is true I'm world's best Druid healer, it's not a style of gameplay I enjoy for any considerable duration.

I definitely enjoy Demonology the most, and unless it's really bad for a fight (e.g. Norushen), I tend to use it. 

So that's why he wants a nerf for destro... biggrin.png

I don't want a nerf to Destruction.  Please don't misinterpret my mathematically sound analyses and claim that I'm itching for it to be nerfed.  I'm trying to prepare people for what I FEEL is inevitable, not what I want.  My wants and desires are not reflected here as I try to deal only with facts.

They baked the 4pc Destruction set bonus in, so it really wouldn't surprise me to see the 2pc T15 get baked into Demonology's Dark Soul:Knowledge.

I don't want a nerf to Destruction.  Please don't misinterpret my mathematically sound analyses and claim that I'm itching for it to be nerfed.  I'm trying to prepare people for what I FEEL is inevitable, not what I want.  My wants and desires are not reflected here as I try to deal only with facts.

Don't worry Zag, We still love you as a member of our fel family. 

Anyway, I wish I could be in one of those Sunday Warlock Chats, it's a shame that I'm in a different timezone :(