FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Zagam & friends coming home! blizzcon review tonight!

To anyone thinking that removing snapshotting is going to dumb down the class, they are making changes to warlocks for the expansion that will most likely give them the complexity we need to not fall asleep.  That applies mostly to Affliction, as I think Demonology/Destruction without snapshotting are in a good spot right now.  With a few more tweaks they could be very fun still.

Agree with everything you've said here.

Currently Demonology and Destruction provide me with a lot of enjoyment through proper resource management and preparing/reacting to trinkets/cooldowns. Sure you might snapshot doom with procs and immolate with the 4 set, but ultimately you'll squeeze more out of the specs through landing big 10 stack chaos bolts and lining up huge soulfires in meta under a stack of cooldowns.

Affliction on the other hand, is all about snapshotting those dots, and not being too liberal with haunt when you don't need it. Soul shards as a resource are pretty bland. I feel that this is what blizzard should address in 6.0 in order to make the spec feel more involved.

Agree with everything you've said here.

Currently Demonology and Destruction provide me with a lot of enjoyment through proper resource management and preparing/reacting to trinkets/cooldowns. Sure you might snapshot doom with procs and immolate with the 4 set, but ultimately you'll squeeze more out of the specs through landing big 10 stack chaos bolts and lining up huge soulfires in meta under a stack of cooldowns.

Affliction on the other hand, is all about snapshotting those dots, and not being too liberal with haunt when you don't need it. Soul shards as a resource are pretty bland. I feel that this is what blizzard should address in 6.0 in order to make the spec feel more involved.

Forgive me but isn't snapshotting almost an identical mechanic to soulfire/chaosbolt nuking during trinkets procs. I also think managing soul shards is pretty similar in that you need to have an adequete amount for trinket procs etc. I think what people are a bit scared of is if the game becomes purely rotational. Think about it if as destro making sure casting chaos bolts under strong procs was not that important. You just build embers and then spend them. There is no dynamic element if you take out snapshotting imo. That's what I think people are referring to when they say they are a bit concerned. Again, I'm trying to look at this from a macro level and not just apply it to affliction. It's just a bit of an indicator of what might happen. Edited by Drafty53

Forgive me but isn't snapshotting almost an identical mechanic to soulfire/chaosbolt nuking during trinkets procs. I also think managing soul shards is pretty similar in that you need to have an adequete amount for trinket procs etc. I think what people are a bit scared of is if the game becomes purely rotational. Think about it if as destro making sure casting chaos bolts under strong procs was not that important. You just build embers and then spend them. There is no dynamic element if you take out snapshotting imo. That's what I think people are referring to when they say they are a bit concerned. Again, I'm trying to look at this from a macro level and not just apply it to affliction. It's just a bit of an indicator of what might happen.

No, SF/CB nuking is not the same as snapshotting because lining up your trinket procs doesn't happen all the time.  You have to fit your spells in a smaller window.  If you're outside the window you get zero benefit as Destruction/Demonology *when referring to SF/CB nuking*.  During this time you're going HAM and it's fun, all Affliction needs to worry about is that they refresh before the procs are all gone.  It's much slower paced and once snapshotting is gone they will need more mechanics to increase the complexity of the spec.

We're all already in agreement that changes need to be made to all the specs to make them less boring afterwards.  I don't think anyone should be concerned about really boring Warlock gameplay in the next expansion.

I'm just hoping that when they do retool the class that they don't over bloat our action bars like they've done to the hunter as we will have 10 more levels which will mean new spells and more decisions to make...

I'm just hoping that when they do retool the class that they don't over bloat our action bars like they've done to the hunter as we will have 10 more levels which will mean new spells and more decisions to make...

They've already announced that no one is getting new abilities.  As you level from 90 to 100, some of your abilities will become better, but you won't get new ones.

Forgive me but isn't snapshotting almost an identical mechanic to soulfire/chaosbolt nuking during trinkets procs. I also think managing soul shards is pretty similar in that you need to have an adequete amount for trinket procs etc. I think what people are a bit scared of is if the game becomes purely rotational. Think about it if as destro making sure casting chaos bolts under strong procs was not that important. You just build embers and then spend them. There is no dynamic element if you take out snapshotting imo. That's what I think people are referring to when they say they are a bit concerned. Again, I'm trying to look at this from a macro level and not just apply it to affliction. It's just a bit of an indicator of what might happen.

Regarding Affliction, this is exactly what I was saying. Currently, soul shards are a bland resource compared to Fury/Embers, and the only thing adding complexity to affliction is dot snapshotting.

I'm agreeing that if snapshotting goes, affliction will require some love in the 'fun' department, or it will literally be the most boring spec in WoW.

Here's a proposition:

Why don't we worry about what they're doing to us in the spring when we'll actually have some idea of what they're actually doing to us.

Here's a proposition:

Why don't we worry about what they're doing to us in the spring when we'll actually have some idea of what they're actually doing to us.

Because it's always best to catch things early and discuss them. Plus, what else is there to do for the next 6 months?

This is the time we need to be open about where we feel the class should go. 

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can they please rework {Ritual of Summoning } so that we don't need help with summoning people ,i mean mages no longer need help with either the mage tables or there portals .Yes I know its a minor quality of life issue but come on... 

•  
    •  

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can they please rework {Ritual of Summoning } so that we don't need help with summoning people ,i mean mages no longer need help with either the mage tables or there portals .Yes I know its a minor quality of life issue but come on... 

When have they needed help with tables and portals? Before Wrath?

Be happy your Soul Well doesn't require three people anymore...

When have they needed help with tables and portals? Before Wrath?

Be happy your Soul Well doesn't require three people anymore...

I just had memories of Doomguard roulette

I just had memories of Doomguard roulette

Exactly.

My favorite hobby used to be going on PTR, making a warlock, and getting a group together to help me "summon a friend," then laughing at the state of confusion when one of them died and there was suddenly a demon trying to kill me while I enslaved it. Good times...

Here's a proposition:

Because that's not fun?

• Like 1

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT UPTIME IN META FORM!!!! /nerdboner

DOOMGUARD AS A REAL PET AND NOT SOME WIMPY ASS COOLDOWN!!!! /nerdboner

CASTING 400% MORE HUGE GREEN DRAGON HEADS AT PEOPLE!!!! /nerdboner

Not a huge fan of the dot snapshot removal or the removal of reforging but other than those two changes...I like where WoD is going so far.

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys, but I'm reeeeeaaaaaally excited about the AoE damage reduction stat.  So fun!

Guys!  On that last pull I took 500 less damage because of this stat!  Lol stat squish.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT UPTIME IN META FORM!!!! /nerdboner

DOOMGUARD AS A REAL PET AND NOT SOME WIMPY ASS COOLDOWN!!!! /nerdboner

CASTING 400% MORE HUGE GREEN DRAGON HEADS AT PEOPLE!!!! /nerdboner

Not a huge fan of the dot snapshot removal or the removal of reforging but other than those two changes...I like where WoD is going so far.

Whilst I think perma Meta form is cool and all, I feel like the spec will become pretty boring if all we do is spam ToC and soul fire with procs/cooldowns.

I mean, with current demo you're juggling fury/mc stacks/mana as well as HoG weaving, and it feels super awesome jumping into meta to chain off some huge soul fires with procs. If all we do is HoG weave (if we even do that?) don't you think we'll just feel like combat rogues spamming Sinister Strike all day?

Edit: Also what will we do if Molten Core stacks arent available? Just spam ToC to max fury and then what? Hard cast soul fires? Urgh

Edited by Liquidsteel

Agreed Liquid, in Demo's current incarnation that talent will really make Demo basic, especially along with the snapshotting changes.  Again I say that everyone should expect changes to warlocks in general to add in more complexity.

As far as MC stacks, they may bake in the T16 4-piece to the spec or as a glyph for a chance at random HoG procs.  They may work it so that no matter what form you're in, you get HoG rather than Chaos Wave just so that you can more reliably generate MC procs through Shadowflame.

Thinking at max level 100: Your MC procs would only come from Imps or Chaos Wave unless they provided some mechanic to randomly proc or give Chaos Wave a dot component?

Something will be changed, no worries...yet.

There's too much up in the air to really make any sort of speculations. I'm in Locky's boat: the new talents make me excited in inappropriate ways. That said, I'm not concerned about anything yet.

"I just came." -Kazistrasza, Warlock Mumble chat, Monday, November 11, 1:00am upon hearing of new talents.

• Like 2

To anyone thinking that removing snapshotting is going to dumb down the class, they are making changes to warlocks for the expansion that will most likely give them the complexity we need to not fall asleep.  That applies mostly to Affliction, as I think Demonology/Destruction without snapshotting are in a good spot right now.  With a few more tweaks they could be very fun still.

Destros only challenge lay in timing chaos bolts and havocs. granted this can be a full time job, but without snapshotting this class would be so utterly easy to play i would definetly be bored. im not even a heroic raider and i LOVE the snapshot mechanics. the capacity to beat a lock geared more heavily than me because im a very diligent and detail oriented raider and maximize the efficiency of my class is one of the attractions i have towards locks in the first place - snapshotting is at the core of this concept. i very much hope blizz reconsiders this proposal over the coming months. 

Edited by skullytor