FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

New Way of Getting Legion Legendaries

35241-735-dev-notes-new-way-of-getting-l

The pre-patch is coming next week and there's even more new stuff to check out. Today we got another addition with players being able to buy specific legendary items from the usual Wakening Essence vendor, and we'll be getting Wakening Essences from all the World Quests and other sources of Artifact Power as well!

Legion Legendary items will become disabled at Level 115 in Battle for Azeroth. For the latest news check out our Battle for Azeroth Expansion Hub.

Blizzard LogoYthisens (source)

With the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, you’ll notice that the vendor who sold tokens that granted a random Legion Legendary item will now allow you to purchase specific Legion Legendaries relevant to your specialization. These are sold for the same cost that the token was sold for previously.

Battle for Azeroth is just around the corner, so we wanted to take this opportunity to allow players who are trying to complete their Legendary collections a more straightforward way to do so, as well as give or new or returning players a way to pick up some strong items to prepare for leveling.

These items can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran for 1000 Wakening Essence. To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

This seems so pointless when the expansion is literally a month away today. You're going to get your BiS and then what? Swap it out with some 120 blues, there's literally no point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Durf24 said:

This seems so pointless when the expansion is literally a month away today. You're going to get your BiS and then what? Swap it out with some 120 blues, there's literally no point.

That's how it's always been for all gear when moving from one expansion to another.

nbd

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ancalagon said:

They should have done this 3 months ago...

I'm sad to say, but i think this's true..... I mean, i gave up on my havok DH when my first 5 legendaries all got defense based =(

I think they should cost less than they did previously but honestly I like this. While we're all messing around for the next month doing sweet F.A. in game we can enjoy our BIS at last.

28 minutes ago, Leucie said:

It's just for fun during the window of an expansion that doesn't matter much for character progression. Just to get you ready to level and get your tmog sorted out (though every legendary is not a unique model, as blues have stated).

Indeed! Its just for fun, people who did't complete the game can maybe do now before expansion coming out!

+1 Blizz

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ancalagon said:

3 months? After 3 month of the start of Legion. The legendary RNG was... fuu.. I just want to forget it, I loved this expansion but that.

I remember for me took a 3.5 months to get all legos only for affliction as mythic raider and m+ fanatic, and who played at that time ~120hr/week. Sure after did every week every possible thing to get that freaky armor pieces.

Edited by Hypersonic
  • Like 1

This is clearly with the additional intention of having a semi-fair playing field for the leveling process.

This poses an interesting question. Which are the best leveling legendaries? (even if the effects last until 116)

I'm thinking maybe the Kiljaden's + Prydaz's combo might be a good blanket set? Maybe some classes have some specific ones which are better, but I like the idea of having a defensive and offensive one. KJ's is just awesome for rounding up and AoEing down packs of mobs.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

It's kinda meh. Who cares, especially at this stage. They should have removed the Legion Legendary limit (2) and let people go all out for a month instead.

• Like 5

What a slap in the face. This might have even been marginally useful with the last week of mage towers where some legendaries would make or break your scenario. After prepatch though, ridiculously useless.

5 hours ago, ValrazKrants said:

This is clearly with the additional intention of having a semi-fair playing field for the leveling process.

This poses an interesting question. Which are the best leveling legendaries? (even if the effects last until 116)

I'm thinking maybe the Kiljaden's + Prydaz's combo might be a good blanket set? Maybe some classes have some specific ones which are better, but I like the idea of having a defensive and offensive one. KJ's is just awesome for rounding up and AoEing down packs of mobs.

Thoughts?

Im planning to use Timeless Stratagem (two extra charges on Heroic Leap, the most fun Legendary in my eyes) and the boots that grant movement speed on my Warrior.

13 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

I agree. Even a month a go it would have still been useful to have since it might have helped the people struggling with mage tower or the curve. Now - well i suppose it is nicer to have it than to not have it, but still... if it was doable, why not do it before, when it would have mattered?

11 hours ago, Drachar said:

Im planning to use Timeless Stratagem (two extra charges on Heroic Leap, the most fun Legendary in my eyes) and the boots that grant movement speed on my Warrior.

I wonder if the statsquish will have an impact on Aggramar's speed increase?

18 hours ago, Stan said:

It's kinda meh. Who cares, especially at this stage. They should have removed the Legion Legendary limit (2) and let people go all out for a month instead.

lmao i love this. let every class be OP in their own way

19 hours ago, Matthyas said:

What a slap in the face. This might have even been marginally useful with the last week of mage towers where some legendaries would make or break your scenario. After prepatch though, ridiculously useless.

Not a single legendary "makes of breaks" any Mage Tower challenge though. After doing all 36 with 905 average iLvl, either no legendary (or the NLC Ring), no tier sets, no good trinkets and only wearing random LFR gear / unsullied gear - I can safely say that you don't need specific legendaries for any Mage Tower, they just help (same as over gearing them does). Personally I like this, because it means I can actually get legendaries on some of the classes I intend to level and make the process a joke (like DH with helm + shoulders). Who cares about "current" content which isn't even current anymore (no more Cutting Edge, Mage Towers or Chosen after the reset) - this change is intended for leveling in BfA.

I do agree, however, that this change should have been implemented about 3 months into Legion - so that people who got lucky got to enjoy being OP, but others could then catch up by targeting specific legendaries. The system would have been great that way, but ended up being mediocre at best (in my opinion). 

On 7/13/2018 at 9:24 PM, Starym said:

To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead. Enjoy!

I missed that first time, depending on the level of AP->WE it could be good, since keeping it at 1k WE was a bit rubbish...

Edit:

Going by beta, they're changing WQ and Missions to give WE instead of AP but in the low double digits, so still a grind but will all add up. Didn't test doing a WQ with a bodyguard with the old "has a chance of bonus AP" item equipped mind.

Edited by Bobbis

4 hours ago, Sublime said:

Not a single legendary "makes of breaks" any Mage Tower challenge though. After doing all 36 with 905 average iLvl, either no legendary (or the NLC Ring), no tier sets, no good trinkets and only wearing random LFR gear / unsullied gear - I can safely say that you don't need specific legendaries for any Mage Tower, they just help (same as over gearing them does). Personally I like this, because it means I can actually get legendaries on some of the classes I intend to level and make the process a joke (like DH with helm + shoulders). Who cares about "current" content which isn't even current anymore (no more Cutting Edge, Mage Towers or Chosen after the reset) - this change is intended for leveling in BfA.

I do agree, however, that this change should have been implemented about 3 months into Legion - so that people who got lucky got to enjoy being OP, but others could then catch up by targeting specific legendaries. The system would have been great that way, but ended up being mediocre at best (in my opinion). 

And i defeated Mythic Argus with a rock guitar as a controller. I highly doubt that you did the Afflock challenge with 905 gs and without the slow legendary/ the portal legs. Even if you were the best afflock in the world, with that gear you wouldn't have the dmg to kill the guy following you and the hands b4 they kill you, if you even get to that point that is. 

On 7/13/2018 at 10:02 PM, Durf24 said:

To be fair if people haven't got their bis 2 years into the expansion I don't know what they are doing but it's not content.

18 hours ago, cerberar said:

And i defeated Mythic Argus with a rock guitar as a controller. I highly doubt that you did the Afflock challenge with 905 gs and without the slow legendary/ the portal legs. Even if you were the best afflock in the world, with that gear you wouldn't have the dmg to kill the guy following you and the hands b4 they kill you, if you even get to that point that is. 

Not that your extremely uneducated opinion on the matter means anything - but here you can see me getting the achi 2 months ago as well as the fact that I have 3 legendaries (2 of which I got in the last 20 days). The only legendary I had equipped was the NLC ring and it was still easy with 905 iLvl (with no tier/trinkets/legendaries except NLC ring).

https://gyazo.com/3fc92e75734a4c4a6528bd4616388993

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/sighborglock

If you don't know about the Mortal Coil cheese strat, then that's your problem - but it remains a fact that it was easy with 905 iLvl using the cheese strat.

As you can also see, I've since geared my Warlock to 932 in 2 months to do Chosen (as you can see most of my high iLvl gear was obtained way after the achi, and I didn't even have 2 legos to equip).

Here's a gif showing that I don't even own the legendaries, which is tracked via Elvui: https://gyazo.com/d6dc4686dc99724bf7643d838790463c

Just because you can't achieve something, that doesn't mean that no one else can, and only the top 0.01% of players can - and you won't get far assuming that about everything. 

And finally, just for fun - here's a video of a guy doing it with 896 iLvl and no slow ring, just to prove how wrong you are on the matter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jidOg0G_fWQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:38 AM, cerberar said:

i did it without these legendaries :) just by using infernal on defensive and easily killed him in P2 by AOE xD + its a chalenge tower, so some prestige to those, who made it = have some sklil (not for WW monks, destro locks and disciple priests...their chalenge isnt chalenge at all , and its free skin for weapon)

Edited by Perak

52 minutes ago, gurupak said:

This is awesome and insane.

Blizz should have lower the price of buying legendaries. ?

They have stated that most content which is currently granting AP will instead grant Wakening Essence, so I imagine you can probably get 1-2 legendaries per week (at least) as I imagine they want people to get whatever legendaries they want before BfA. I wouldn't worry too much ?

• Like 1

All I cared about was getting 2 legos for all the alts I have leveled and geared to 920+ in the last 6 months. Since that was extremely easy, and xpac is a month away, I am going to agree that this is too little too late. Not a bad thing, just too late.