FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Blood Death Knight 8.3

On 8/17/2018 at 9:24 AM, Guest Kat said:

Update about my previous comment on the missing table-I had to use the back button from this comments page, then it appeared...  Weird.

This most likely happens due to the cache not updating (refreshing fixes it, that's why you going back fixed it).

Guest Horri

Correction to the "at cursor" Death and Decay macro...

Instead of 

#showtooltip Death and Decay
#show Death and Decay
/cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover] Death and Decay; [@player] Death and Decay

It should be 

#show Death and Decay
/cast [mod:ctrl, @cursor]Death and Decay; [@player] Death and Decay

to actually cast at the mouse cursor's location while holding Ctrl.

Also, for the opposite effect (hold ctrl to cast at your feet)

#show Death and Decay
/cast [mod:ctrl, @player] Death and Decay; [@cursor] Death and Decay

On 8/20/2018 at 3:36 PM, Guest Horri said:

Correction to the "at cursor" Death and Decay macro...

Fixed it, thanks!

Guest Guesty

Is there any specific pre raid and raid trinkets thats reccommended for Blood?

On 8/29/2018 at 1:27 PM, Guest Guesty said:

Is there any specific pre raid and raid trinkets thats reccommended for Blood?

I believe Jes' Howler, the Blockades DMF deck are both pretty sought after. It kind of depends also on whether you want more survivability or DPS.

Guest Carpet

what is like the best statweaight for DK blood right now im currently at 18.19% haste/ 8.59% vers / Mastery 28.25% and crit is sitting on 8% at the moment, should i try to get more mastery or just keep stacking vers and haste?

Guest GeoffRowley

Specifically on the Heroic Fetid Devourer fight,  I have been opting for Rune Tap over Will of the Necro, and have been tanking the Thrash's, i find it to work out really well since you know in advance when the Thrash is coming, can Rune Tap, and then Death Strike it off. This seemed slightly better to me than WotN, and would love your thoughts

Guest Nathaniel

Azerite traits are outdated. None of my items traits are listed in your guide.

Guest Zeddz

You mention to not intercept toads on temple of seth last encounter.

However, you can Anti Magic Shell and soak 3-4 toads without getting the debuff or dmg from them.
Since you can do this once a minute it is very helpful.

Same with stunning, snaring with death and decay or gripping them away from the healer whilst moving away from the target will bring it close but not explode it and debuff you. All worth doing to make your healer's life much easier.

Guest Azralyne
On 9/16/2018 at 7:27 AM, Guest Nathaniel said:

Azerite traits are outdated. None of my items traits are listed in your guide.

This guide is outdated in général not only for the azerite traits to choose. However it seems that's all traits are in the guide but the  research tool is horrible to use...

On 9/30/2018 at 11:53 PM, Guest Azralyne said:

This guide is outdated in général not only for the azerite traits to choose. However it seems that's all traits are in the guide but the  research tool is horrible to use...

What do you feel is outdated? The information we have in the guide is the same as the pin for Blood DKs in the DK discord, since Volstatsz is a mod there as well as a writer here.

Guest Edd

I tried Voracious and Bloodworms both on Freehold +10, Bloodworms did something around 7.5% overall healing, Voracious did something around 10.5%

Voracious for mythic + doesn't seem bad at all, but i have to do more comparison to be sure

can you try it too, or what is yours opinion on that talent ? 

Do I ever need to use Death's Caress as a blood DK? since I don't see it listed in the rotation page (and I keep forgetting I even have it slotted in my action bar)

On 10/8/2018 at 1:10 PM, Guest Edd said:

I tried Voracious and Bloodworms both on Freehold +10, Bloodworms did something around 7.5% overall healing, Voracious did something around 10.5%

Voracious for mythic + doesn't seem bad at all, but i have to do more comparison to be sure

can you try it too, or what is yours opinion on that talent ? 

There are two main reasons to take Bloodworms over Voracious.  The first, and most important, is that Bloodworms will account for 7 - 12% of your total damage, whereas Voracious is damage neutral.  That's a massive amount of damage to leave on the table, and shouldn't be considered unless the mitigation value is similarly significant.

The other reason is the profile of the healing.  Voracious heals you when you need it the least - right after a Death Strike.  It's more likely to push healing from your healers into overheal, and becomes less effective at the task of keeping you alive.  Conversely, Bloodworms heals you when you need it most - right after being spiked below 50% health.

3 hours ago, Kaelath said:

Do I ever need to use Death's Caress as a blood DK? since I don't see it listed in the rotation page (and I keep forgetting I even have it slotted in my action bar)

DC won't be used rotationally, as BB will covering maintaining disease on anything you're actively tanking.  Its only real role is to put threat on a target at range, when Dark Command or Death Grip is unavailable or otherwise not suited to the task.

Guest Trino

I haven't played the game since MoP, recently started playing again. But can someone tell me why Versatility>Haste>Mastery is prefered instead of Mastery>Vers>Haste? I'm just trying to figure what i missed since MoP.

6 hours ago, Guest Trino said:

I haven't played the game since MoP, recently started playing again. But can someone tell me why Versatility>Haste>Mastery is prefered instead of Mastery>Vers>Haste? I'm just trying to figure what i missed since MoP.

Versatility rating is just worth more in terms of mitigation than Mastery. Haste is generally good because it helps you deal with sudden damage spikes.

Tank itemization is generally a very fickle thing. Any stat priorities are really just vague preferences. As long as you don't go overboard with one stat, you will be fine.

So whats with the claim that Versa is better than Haste when that simply isnt true since DS costs RP. I dont know what the author does but I consider progression a direct representation of a players skill, this guy hasn't even cleared mythic. Haste is without any question better than Versatility. Versa isnt bad, its the 2nd best stat, but Haste is straight up stronger, yall should get someone better to write your guides lol

Guest Soridar

This guide for Blood DK is like beginners guide to writing guides. There are very few of the actual Blood specific details that should be listed in it here. The stat priority is doubtful at best and honestly seems to be just a repeat of the poorly weighted Wowhead one. Then there are things like azerite traits, which I came here, looking for a quick reference and instead find an even worse write up then the Wowhead one that had me rushing here in hopes of safe refuge. Instead I find that the Blood section is even worse than it was in 8.0

Guest Mandl
On 11/21/2018 at 10:11 PM, Cybrok said:

So whats with the claim that Versa is better than Haste when that simply isnt true since DS costs RP. I dont know what the author does but I consider progression a direct representation of a players skill, this guy hasn't even cleared mythic. Haste is without any question better than Versatility. Versa isnt bad, its the 2nd best stat, but Haste is straight up stronger, yall should get someone better to write your guides lol

Somebody here hasn't done the maths, and it isn't Vols.

DS may cost RP, but the effective gain in RP you're getting is 1% extra RP per point of haste + 5 (+2 per extra target) per full rune. Over a 5 minute fight 10% haste buys you three extra runes compared to 0% haste. Or, if you prefer it in number of death strikes, between 1 and 1.5 DS. This gain further lowers as the rune recharge time is not a linear function of haste.

On the other hand, you have vers, which is:

- Linear DR
- Linear HPS (since the damage/healing part of it does affect death strike and blood shield)
- Does not have a softcap
- Does not have a hardcap

Haste being "superior" is a community myth from Legion. It literally does not hold up once you stop repeating it and do the maths. But hey, anybody can *filtered* on somebody else not having "cleared mythic", because that's a surefire argument regarding stats.

Just a head's up, but your "Easy Mode" statistic priorities are different to the main Statistics Priority page. For the sake of my add-on, I've gone with the main page as I normally do, but I figured I'd let you know of the discrepancy. Spot the difference :P

Easy Mode - 

1. Item Level;
  2. Versatility;
  3. Haste;
  4. Mastery;
  5. Critical Strike.

Statisitics Page - 

1. Item Level;
  2. Versatility;
  3. Haste;
  4. Critical Strike;
  5. Mastery.

4 hours ago, Wyr3d said:

Just a head's up, but your "Easy Mode" statistic priorities are different to the main Statistics Priority page. For the sake of my add-on, I've gone with the main page as I normally do, but I figured I'd let you know of the discrepancy. Spot the difference ?

Easy Mode - 

1. Item Level;
  2. Versatility;
  3. Haste;
  4. Mastery;
  5. Critical Strike.

Statisitics Page - 

1. Item Level;
  2. Versatility;
  3. Haste;
  4. Critical Strike;
  5. Mastery.

Thanks! The Easy Mode section needs to be updated; I'll get right on that.

Guest Worgendeath

Hey, I would just like to suggest 2 things to add to this page, both having to do with the beguiling affix and how to deal with it.

The first addition I'd like to make is that when dealing with void emmisary's, anti magic shell can be used to immune the debuff gained from the cast it does, as blood dk this means that if an emmisary is far away from an object you can use to LoS you can instead take the first hit, use magic shell to prevent it from refreshing the debuff and adding an addition stack and then take one again after allowing you to do significant damage to it if there is no way around it.

The second addition is that we have the ability to deal with the emmisary of tides very handily because of the utility death grip provides, everything in a short range of the emmisary can't be CC'd, however, the emmisary itself can be gripped out of the pack on pull giving your teammates time to CC dangerous enemies while they are out of range, another instance where you can use this effectively yourself is if you want to use control undead on an enemy in atal dazar, king's rest or underrot and there is an emmisary of tides in the pack, all you have to do is grip the emmisary, target the enemy you want to control and cast it before the enemy can walk back into range of the emmisary.