FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Frost Death Knight 8.3

Guest Darmanda

Small error in the cold heart note.  The legendary and the talent do stack, while the writer accidentally put "do not stack".  

11 hours ago, Guest Darmanda said:

Small error in the cold heart note.  The legendary and the talent do stack, while the writer accidentally put "do not stack".  

Ah, the wording might be slightly confusing. The writer meant that it does not stack with the talent, they do not stack as 1 buff. It is two separate buffs that are both consumed by the single spell.

2 hours ago, Guest Halcyon said:

Under the consumables section, the Lightforged Augment Rune is recommended. The Repurposed Fel Focuser gives more main stat in addition to 34 stamina. It comes from the Broken Shore and costs 7500 Nethershards.

The Rune is a rune, the Fel Focuser is a flask. If you use Fel Focuser, you can't use a flask.

Guest Halcyon
8 hours ago, Blainie said:

The Rune is a rune, the Fel Focuser is a flask. If you use Fel Focuser, you can't use a flask.

Oooh. Never noticed that. I usually don't flask because I'm cheap, so I guess that's why.

Guest Kalterast

There's an error in the Breath of Sindragosa rotation, it says "if you have taken this talent", wich is impossible since it's on the same talent tier.

1. Use Remorseless Winter Icon Remorseless Winter on cooldown (for Gathering Storm Icon Gathering Storm, if you have taken this talent).

15 hours ago, Guest Kalterast said:

There's an error in the Breath of Sindragosa rotation, it says "if you have taken this talent", wich is impossible since it's on the same talent tier.

1. Use Remorseless Winter Icon Remorseless Winter on cooldown (for Gathering Storm Icon Gathering Storm, if you have taken this talent).

I'm not sure I understand the problem here? Gathering Storm does not share a tier with Breath of Sindragosa.

Guest Phaedros

I tried the recommended build with Murderous Efficiency and I was runic power starved. If I tried to preserve/build RP (for breath windows) by holding back on frost strikes then I was rune starved and had big dead spots in the rotation. The only way I could keep the rotation fluid was to frost strike, burn RP and have none for the breath window.

5 hours ago, Guest Phaedros said:

I tried the recommended build with Murderous Efficiency and I was runic power starved. If I tried to preserve/build RP (for breath windows) by holding back on frost strikes then I was rune starved and had big dead spots in the rotation. The only way I could keep the rotation fluid was to frost strike, burn RP and have none for the breath window.

The current version of the Breath of Sindragosa build does lead to a downtime of approx. %20 meaning you will have these moments where all you can do is auto attack. If you really do not like this play style then I encourage you to try the Obliteration version in which you would run Frozen Pulse, and maybe Runic Attenuation depending on your sims. Sadly the downtime is just part of the build currently and our Breath of Sindragosa durations are currently somewhere between 15s-25s so don't feel bad if you have a low duration of Breath.

Guest DK FROM UK

Can someone tell me if Frost DKs have good sustained single target dps in BFA? I loved the class for its sustained DPS in legion

1 hour ago, Guest DK FROM UK said:

Can someone tell me if Frost DKs have good sustained single target dps in BFA? I loved the class for its sustained DPS in legion

Our DPS is currently better than Unholy, that much is for sure, but you're not going to be able to choose the class for BFA based on DPS just yet. There's still tuning that is likely to happen, so I'd recommend finding a class you enjoy to play for now.

Guest Lae

small text error marked it in red

9.1. Frost Death Knight War Mode Talents

In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking of both General PvP Talents and Discipline Priest-specific PvE talents.

8 hours ago, Guest Lae said:

small text error marked it in red

9.1. Frost Death Knight War Mode Talents

In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking of both General PvP Talents and Discipline Priest-specific PvE talents.

Fixed! ?

Guest DK FROM THE UK
On 7/24/2018 at 7:59 AM, Blainie said:

Our DPS is currently better than Unholy, that much is for sure, but you're not going to be able to choose the class for BFA based on DPS just yet. There's still tuning that is likely to happen, so I'd recommend finding a class you enjoy to play for now.

Thanks for answering... I think I'll stick with FDK for now. Got one more question, when are you supposed to use empower weapon? It works differently now. Before I used to use this when I was out of resources but now it gives you a meager amount of resources and some haste. Should I use this at the beginning of the fight?

On 7/27/2018 at 9:18 AM, Geddya said:

I am wondering... according to the stat priority Versatility is the last stat... 

Then why Seeping ScourgewingSeeping Scourgewing sims higher and seems to perform better according to logs written after pre patch?

This is because a lot of the trinkets that have a damage proc are currently performing very well, even though trinkets like Gorshalach's Legacy and Seeping Scourgewing weren't out strongest trinkets before, they are a lot stronger now.

Guest Kamillah

Hi everyone,

I haven't played a lot for the last couple of months but am now trying to wrap my haed around all the nocvelties before the new expansion.

Generally I've always trusted Icy Veins when it comes to talents and stats etc. But...the wowhead site has also updated their class guides for the new expansion and their stats priorities and talent builds are COMPLETELY different from yours for the same clas/spezialisation. Can someone please explain how they can differ som much? Who do I trust here?

Replies like "trust yourself" aren't useful to me as I'm ujst after a cookie-cutter build to apply to my characters. I don't have the patience or knowledge to figure out my own talent trees but prefer to trust those more knowledgeabla than me. Thanks. :)

On 7/29/2018 at 10:01 AM, Guest Kamillah said:

Replies like "trust yourself" aren't useful to me as I'm ujst after a cookie-cutter build to apply to my characters. I don't have the patience or knowledge to figure out my own talent trees but prefer to trust those more knowledgeabla than me. Thanks. ?

I can't tell you why Wowhead have the information that they do, I can only say that our current recommendations align with the top parsing talents. When there are multiple options, we have either highlighted that in the guide or suggested simming talents to compare per your character's stat setup.

On 7/27/2018 at 10:18 AM, Guest DK FROM THE UK said:

Thanks for answering... I think I'll stick with FDK for now. Got one more question, when are you supposed to use empower weapon? It works differently now. Before I used to use this when I was out of resources but now it gives you a meager amount of resources and some haste. Should I use this at the beginning of the fight?

Sorry for the late reply, Cast Empower Rune Weapon before casting Breath of Sindragosa and line the 2 up together throughout the fight.

Guest Calbrenarz

This is still listing the artifact weapon power in the offensive cooldowns section.

3 hours ago, Guest Calbrenarz said:

This is still listing the artifact weapon power in the offensive cooldowns section.

I believe it is there because it is still available as a talent.