FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Frost Death Knight 8.3

Guest Calbrenarz

It's not the same ability anymore, they renamed it.  Sindragosa's Fury is the artifact weapon and Frostwyrm's Fury is the talent.  

22 minutes ago, Guest Calbrenarz said:

It's not the same ability anymore, they renamed it.  Sindragosa's Fury is the artifact weapon and Frostwyrm's Fury is the talent.  

Ah, I see - the ID was changed in the Easy Mode cooldowns, but not the rotation page one. Will get it fixed, thanks.

Guest Calbrenarz

No problem.  Thank you for giving me such an awesome starting point for every spec I play.

On 8/8/2018 at 1:41 PM, Guest Calbrenarz said:

No problem.  Thank you for giving me such an awesome starting point for every spec I play.

Should now be fixed ?

Guest DK FROM THE UK

Does anyone know what the stat priorities will be like? Is it no longer crit/haste?

On 8/13/2018 at 2:31 PM, Guest DK FROM THE UK said:

Does anyone know what the stat priorities will be like? Is it no longer crit/haste?

You should SIM yourself.

For me it's actually Mastery > Crit > Versa > Haste with an itemlvl of 332.

Guest Lostvayne

So my leigon artifact for frost is only lvl 210 and I'm lvl120 with all of my gear at 300 or above, when I try to use two lvl300 swords I don't do as much damage like I did with my leigon artifact what should I replace them with to avoid this?

On 8/23/2018 at 8:59 AM, Guest Lostvayne said:

So my leigon artifact for frost is only lvl 210 and I'm lvl120 with all of my gear at 300 or above, when I try to use two lvl300 swords I don't do as much damage like I did with my leigon artifact what should I replace them with to avoid this?

If your artifact is item level 210, you should definitely get rid of it for the 300 ones. The only way the item level 300 ones are worse is if they are caster swords and you haven't realised, meaning they have no strength on them.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:55 PM, Guest Serildar said:

Is 2h now viable again? Or is 1h simply the best still? ?

You can't Obliterate or Frost Strike without a 1h, so 2h doesn't work.

Guest Bog

Macro's and adfons still suggests mrunes. A mod that hasnt been updated in over two years and doesnt work correctly anymore.

Guest PersiaDark

The rotations included mention using Remorseless Winter if you have Gathering Storm, but as-written it sounds like if you take Frostwyrm's Fury, you NEVER use Remorseless Winter on Single Target. Is this true? Thats a big change from Legion and I havnt seen it mentioned anywhere that we shouldnt be using Remorseless Winter for ST without GS. 

Guest Dookaz

It is damage neutral on ST, so it doesn't matter if you use it or not.  If it will hit more than 1 target, it then takes priority over a normal Obliterate. 

Just wanted some clarity on the rotation:

Use Howling Blast Icon Howling Blast, only if you have a Rime Icon Rime proc.

Is this because Frost Fever Icon Frost Fever benefits from the snapshot of 300% damage? Or just to save a rune? I am curious why there is never a reason to cast Howling Blast Icon Howling Blast without the Rime Icon Rime proc, even just to apply an initial Frost Fever Icon Frost Fever. Especially as in the Spell Summary section it reads:

Frost Fever Icon Frost Fever is a DoT that is applied by Howling Blast Icon Howling Blast, and which you should aim to have up on the target(s) essentially at all times.

but with bad RNG this may not be applied for a while (and with truly unbelievable RNG it may never be applied) if waiting on a Rime Icon Rime proc.

Guest Allatar

I don't see frost whelps indignation yet in your azurite talent section. Have you figured out yet where it lands in terms of A tier / B tier / C tier?

8 hours ago, Guest Allatar said:

I don't see frost whelps indignation yet in your azurite talent section. Have you figured out yet where it lands in terms of A tier / B tier / C tier?

Just going by bloodmallet's sim numbers, it should be in the B-Tier for single target. It's a lot stronger for AoE, but not quite as good as Frozen Tempest or Echoing Howl.

Hey guys

got a question - why running just bos builds everywhere ?

my dk runs talents: 1/2/x/3/x/1/2

for m+ mixed single/cleave

385avg ilvl

10haste/10crit/11vers/45mastery

with 1 azerite trait for pillar of frost which i get most use of through my 100 talent which works fine with frostscythe

i would like to hear some meanings about it - my downtimes are near zero and im enjoying this build do much

thanks ?

On 5/25/2019 at 6:10 PM, Matt2390 said:

Hey guys

got a question - why running just bos builds everywhere ?

Because BoS is the strongest build everywhere - every single top 10 raid parse on every single fight uses it. If you are enjoying the others, you can use them as you wish, but BoS is the strongest.

Guest A disappointed DK

Hey, I actually just wanted to ask why there is so few to no love to this guide. ?
If i have a look at other guides (here on icy-veins) much more information are shared.
It basically says "sim your char" - what of course is not wrong! But another example would be the "viability"-section which is still talking about Uldir..

On 6/27/2019 at 4:03 PM, Guest A disappointed DK said:

Hey, I actually just wanted to ask why there is so few to no love to this guide. ?
If i have a look at other guides (here on icy-veins) much more information are shared.
It basically says "sim your char" - what of course is not wrong! But another example would be the "viability"-section which is still talking about Uldir..

Hey, I believe it's due to the volatile nature of the info for DKs, so simming is even more important. I'll get Abyssal to fix the viability section, though, sorry!

Guest Jearicho
On 7/16/2018 at 4:43 AM, Blainie said:

This thread is for comments about our Frost Death Knight guide.

Writer missed alot about ice cap rotation and usage of Whelp wurms from azerite, along with spenders within the rotation and how to overlap the ice cap.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:17 AM, Guest Jearicho said:

Writer missed alot about ice cap rotation and usage of Whelp wurms from azerite, along with spenders within the rotation and how to overlap the ice cap.

I'll let Abyssal know, thanks!

Guest stormerdoom

Question on gem to use. I just wanted to confirm no use of 1x Leviathan's Eye of Strength or 1x Kraken's Eye of Strength?

On 7/17/2019 at 3:32 AM, Guest stormerdoom said:

Question on gem to use. I just wanted to confirm no use of 1x Leviathan's Eye of Strength or 1x Kraken's Eye of Strength?

Abyssal is adding a note to the page to clarify this.