FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Frost Death Knight 8.3

8 hours ago, Drache said:

how come it is saying haste is our 3rd best stat and crit is 4th even when the author is sstaking crit as #1 and haste as #2 this is telling people everything wrong no wonder frost is falling behind

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/stormrage/abyssalwave

The guide does have a note that says with Gathering Storm haste becomes more valuable, also my stats may not be the same as the example or yours because of gear and azerite.

I don't mean to offend, but this has to be one of the worst guides I've ever read on Icy Veins. As someone who has played Warcraft on and off for a decade and used this website since it's inception - that's saying a lot.

A.) "Use Chains of Ice, if you have 20 stacks (try to use at the end of Pillar of Frost when the strength bonus is at the highest — if you have 3 Icy Citadel traits, save Chains of Ice for after Pillar of Frost)."

20 stacks of what? It's not specifically stated. I find this surprising given how detailed Icy Veins guides have always been. Furthermore, how is someone who picks a different talent in the first tier supposed to make sense of this?

B.) Pillar of Frost is mentioned several times through the rotation breakdown but as a condition for other abilities. Where does this ability get used in the priority list?

C.) Where is Empower Rune Weapon in the priority list? "Empower Rune Weapon should be used as many times as possible throughout the encounter, making sure not to waste any of the resources it provides you with." Okay. But where?

D.) Where is Breath of Sindragosa in the priority list? It's fine for the ability to have it's own section where the optimal rotation to open with is explained, but it needs to be in the priority list with a disclaimer that to use it optimally players should look at the Breath of Sindragosa opener section.

E.) "Use Frostwyrm's Fury at the end of Pillar of Frost and after Chains of Ice, or after Pillar of Frost and during Icy Citadel if you have 3 Icy Citadel traits."

Huh? What are three Icy Citadel traits? I've since looked it up and know that it's an Azerite trait, but for new players this has to be incredibly confusing. I've only just returned to the game and though I have a tiny bit of experience with Azerite, it's certainly not enough for me to have a light bulb moment of, "Oh, of course, this is an Azerite trait."

Guest Sorcerer

Under the rotation for Icecap, there is no option for using Remorseless Winter if you're not using Gathering Storm.

So does that mean to never use Remorseless Winter if you choose Icecap but not Gathering Storm?

Or would Remorseless Winter be the 7th rotation priority?

Rotation Priority during Icecap

1. Use Remorseless Winter Icon Remorseless Winter if using Gathering Storm Icon Gathering Storm.
  2. Use Obliterate Icon Obliterate if you have a Killing Machine Icon Killing Machine proc and are below 73 Runic Power.
  3. Use Howling Blast Icon Howling Blast if you have a Rime Icon Rime proc or if Frost Fever Icon Frost Fever is about to drop.
  4. Use Frost Strike Icon Frost Strike if you are going to cap Runic Power.
  5. Use Obliterate Icon Obliterate.
  6. Use Frost Strike Icon Frost Strike.

Guest Frosty

Quick note about the thing from beyond, stunning it does not cause it to disappear and it can still hit you after it is stunned