FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Unholy Death Knight 8.3

Was reading the talent guide and found a section i think may need a little rewording

Clawing Shadows Icon Clawing Shadows is currently the best choice for single target and can be good for AoE situations where targets are away from the boss. The reason this talent is a strong single target choice is due to the damage being 100% Shadow damage, where Scourge Strike Icon Scourge Strike is half Physical half Shadow making it scale better with Unholy Mastery.

So the goal is to say that clawing shadows is good on single target is that due to it being 100% shadow damage it scales with mastery where scourge strike doesn't scale as well. However as worded it says "where scourge strike is half physical half shadow making it scale better with unholy mastery" which I feel could be misconstrued as scourge strike being the better scaling ability. would the whole sentence be better reworded

The reason this talent is a strong single target choice is due to the damage being 100% shadow damage which due to unholy's mastery causes it to scale better than scourge strike which is half shadow damage half physical. or something to that effect

could be nitpicking but as i was browsing it did make me stop and go "wait wut" for a second. figured it doesn't hurt to point out/ask

Guest Venladin
On 8/16/2018 at 2:20 AM, Wyr3d said:

Um, dude?

You have a helm in the shoulder slot for "best in slot" guide. May wanna fix that.

Also, Harrowing Decay isn't in the Azerite Trait Ranking for Unholy Death Knight list despite being in the drop-down options.

I do not see Meticulous Scheming either

On 8/18/2018 at 12:40 AM, Guest Venladin said:

I do not see Meticulous Scheming either

Ah, it's there on the Bloodmallet page but not the image - I'll get it updated, sorry!

Guest Boli

Hi there! I wanted to clarify Abit of misinformation you have in your talent choices. All Will Serve's Risen Skulker cleaves for 50% of the damage it deals to all enemies around its target. It's listed as not adding anything to AoE, but that's simply not true. It's not listed in the tooltip for Skulker Shot either, but test it out if you don't believe me!

Guest Narsteen

Other guides look to have been updated more often, the change log here suggests its taken a bit of a back foot. When we will be seeing an update to that? 

Cast Soul Reaper IconSoul Reaper if you have fewer than 2 Runes. 

This is not sarcasm....  (The only number we can press on our keyboard "fewer" than 2 is '1' - right?).  The only thing fewer than 2 = 1.

So use this always at 1 rune ("fewer than 2)" - correct?  Is there going to be occasion I intentionally drain/dump my runes to be able to use this?  I think I am having a problem conceptualizing/seeing big picture. Will I ever intentionally dump runes to use SoulReaper (single target).  OR it just comes up 'naturally" I need to be quick & good enough to get it applied.  That separates the kids from others.  How about if I have 2, 3 or 4 runes?  How will I suffer for using this when I have More than 1 (2+) runes?

My question It is just a return?  Do I  get more damage/higher DPS when I am good enough to always notice I need to use it? Is there anything else to be aware of here?  I asked above but to clarify again.  Isn't more runes good?  Soulreaver gives me 2 runes.  Why not use it at 3 = 5 runes or 4 = 6.  5 or 6 runes is better than 3 right? Is it just because I should be doing other things?

Edited by Darpa3171

On 9/18/2018 at 12:27 PM, Guest Narsteen said:

Other guides look to have been updated more often, the change log here suggests its taken a bit of a back foot. When we will be seeing an update to that? 

What other guides are more current?

Guest Grimtooth

Hey,
I noticed you haven't listed Shimmering Haven?
Just got a piece of gear (Harbormaster Pouldrons) with this and don't know if I should take it over Gutripper (second schoice is Blood Siphon, but I won't choose that)

Guest Tryam

Okay, any reason to play UDK in mythic+ or raids? I mean FDK>UDK in DPS by 25-30% and 1st is much easier to make fast burst AOE damage. Just look at RIO top and you will see only frost specs in DD category. I ask about motivation or profits which you maybe know, to play for unholy death knight. Except minions and feelings that you can control your own mini- necro-army. 

Guest TheShadowsOfVanity

BIS item list needs to be edited, Items are labeled as dropping off of Jadefire Masters that don't actually drop off of them

7 hours ago, Guest TheShadowsOfVanity said:

BIS item list needs to be edited, Items are labeled as dropping off of Jadefire Masters that don't actually drop off of them

Thanks, will get it fixed!

Guest Sandoudou

Hi there !

Just a question, in the easy mode talent build is different from the more detailed talent section, which one do I choose ? I suppose that the more detailed is the way to go but I don't know if all the guide is updated or if you update the easy section first ( which would be logical, it's less work and most people won't look the detailed section I guess ). Anyways thank you so much for all your work, you're my favorite D3 and WoW companion ^^

Have a good day !

On 7/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, Guest Sandoudou said:

Hi there !

Just a question, in the easy mode talent build is different from the more detailed talent section, which one do I choose ? I suppose that the more detailed is the way to go but I don't know if all the guide is updated or if you update the easy section first ( which would be logical, it's less work and most people won't look the detailed section I guess ). Anyways thank you so much for all your work, you're my favorite D3 and WoW companion ^^

Have a good day !

The Easy Mode section sacrifices performance and DPS for ease of use. If you want the maximum DPS output, follow the other guide pages. If you want an easy way to play Unholy, follow the Easy Mode page.

Guest Lorakhar

Ive noticed my stat weights changed since 8.2 dropped they changed to: These numbers have only slightly changed with changing of gear and upgraded almost all my slots, but vers always seems to top this list crit and haste have switched.

Weapon DPS

Versatility

Critical Strike

Haste

Mastery

Strength

Screenshot (1).png

On 8/1/2019 at 1:13 AM, Guest Lorakhar said:

Ive noticed my stat weights changed since 8.2 dropped they changed to: These numbers have only slightly changed with changing of gear and upgraded almost all my slots, but vers always seems to top this list crit and haste have switched.

Your personal stat weights will always change depending on gear, the essences you have available, the azerite traits you are using, etc.