FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Havoc Demon Hunter 8.3

Guest Soul

There's a bit of an error when talking about the gear/legendaries. Soul of the Slayer now changes the level 106 row of talents instead of 102

Guest A concerned DH.

Can a theorycrafter please confirm/answer the following:

1) Does Chaos Blades still exist? If so, how? in what way: specifically, in terms of a buff/debuff that is available to track via the standard Blizzard UI and/or addons?

2) If so, how does Chaos Blades affect rotation, If at all. Please provide specific examples to confirm how specifically Chaos Blades, if it exists, changes baseline rotation.

3) How does that the legendary Chaos Theory (cloak) affect: Question 2? Question 2.1?

4) How should simulations be adjusted to reflect the existence of Chaos Blade? Lack of Chaos blade?

5) Assuming that Chaos Blade exists mathematically, having been empirically proven to answer question 2, how should simulations be adjusted to reflect the existence of Chaos Blade without it being recognized via in-game-tooltip?

5.1) Should question 5 prove to be empirically proven both via question 2 and question 5, how should Blizzard be notified to adjust the tooltips of necessary abilities in order to be easily understandable by the average player?

18 hours ago, Guest A concerned DH. said:

1) Does Chaos Blades still exist? If so, how? in what way: specifically, in terms of a buff/debuff that is available to track via the standard Blizzard UI and/or addons?

2) If so, how does Chaos Blades affect rotation, If at all. Please provide specific examples to confirm how specifically Chaos Blades, if it exists, changes baseline rotation.

3) How does that the legendary Chaos Theory (cloak) affect: Question 2? Question 2.1?

4) How should simulations be adjusted to reflect the existence of Chaos Blade? Lack of Chaos blade?

5) Assuming that Chaos Blade exists mathematically, having been empirically proven to answer question 2, how should simulations be adjusted to reflect the existence of Chaos Blade without it being recognized via in-game-tooltip?

5.1) Should question 5 prove to be empirically proven both via question 2 and question 5, how should Blizzard be notified to adjust the tooltips of necessary abilities in order to be easily understandable by the average player?

Chaos blades is the same buff it was before pre-patch. It increases damage done by 30% and auto attack damage by 150%(now doing chaos damage). It only exist through the Chaos Theory legendary, not in any other way, which is why there is no tooltip for it. Chaos blades does not affect rotation anything, other than possibly making you prioritize a chaos strike over Felblade even if under 80 fury when it's about to expire.

I think the spell ID for current Chaos Blades is through the cloak http://www.wowhead.com/spell=248072/chaos-theory

On 8/1/2018 at 5:46 AM, Guest A concerned DH. said:

The above poster is correct wrt the effect existence. It doesn't however impact your rotation simply because the effect is so unreliable it's a case of operating your rotation regardless, and hoping (which it almost invariably will) land at a point where you can cast at least one Chaos Strike or other effect (and will also provide bonus to the triggering Blade Dance regardless).

With regards to Blizzard adjusting tooltips, I don't think anything should be done. This is an extremely fringe pre-patch effect that lands in a "average players aren't the target audience" sense. This will cease to be impactful 2 weeks from now, and is simply something for people to have fun with during the pre-patch period. They are aware it exists, and have deemed it necessary to leave it in rather than substituting it for a flat damage boost like other legendaries of a similar ilk for other classes; so I assume by that it means they are ok with it.

Guest Digby

If I choose revolving blades on two different pieces, will the effect stack?

Guest Griiw
6 hours ago, Guest Digby said:

If I choose revolving blades on two different pieces, will the effect stack?

The damage increase stacks, the resource cost reduction doesn´t. Can anyone sim wether it is worth Stacking this trait for the increased Blade Flurry/Death Sweep damage?

Guest Aenir

Recommended weapon enchantments are Deadly Nav. + Quick Nav. Simulations say, Deadly Nav. + Vers. Nav. works out best. Sure it is depending on equipped gear; but is there a breakpoint or such for choosing the second enchantment besides Deadly Nav?

Also: How is Momentum viable with the single target build (Felblade + Demon Blades)?

Thanks anyway for the guide! ?

9 hours ago, Guest Aenir said:

Recommended weapon enchantments are Deadly Nav. + Quick Nav. Simulations say, Deadly Nav. + Vers. Nav. works out best. Sure it is depending on equipped gear; but is there a breakpoint or such for choosing the second enchantment besides Deadly Nav? 

Also: How is Momentum viable with the single target build (Felblade + Demon Blades)?

Thanks anyway for the guide! ?

It's kind of in the air at the moment, and still being looked at. That may change going forward because the sims are showing that, but Quick Nav is generally speaking more versatile in different scenarios (namely multi target) which isn't accounted for in the sims, and the overwhelming majority of content players are doing currently is multi target.

Momentum is good in all target situations, so long as you are able to stay in range. Demon Blades will suffer more from AA downtime than without if you misplay it however.

Guest Blaze

Does anyone know if the Thirsting Blades Azerite power stack if you have two armor pieces with it on?

20 hours ago, Guest Blaze said:

Does anyone know if the Thirsting Blades Azerite power stack if you have two armor pieces with it on?

The damage increase component does

I'm running 3/2/1/1/2/1/2 atm and have to say it's playing out pretty nicely.

In this build you don't really have a lot of Fury starvation. You can compensate the Demons Blade downtimes with Vengeful Retreat, which really comes in handy. It's not an easy Build by any means but if you figure out how to combo the skills together it's pretty neat.

So at first I'm hoping into the fight with a simple Felrush and Felblade. Since Momentum can stack I just jump Back with Vengeful Retreat and hop back in with Felrush again, they have the same range so after Felrushing in again you should be at the same spot as you were before. Then I get my Meta going and start to burst since I don't run out of Fury that easy for a few seconds. Then I wait for the next Felblade to procc while bursting. As soon as it does I'm going for a Felrush through the Mob/Boss (don't Felrush to your back since the range of Felblade won't reach that far) and Felblade back to the Boss again. I simply wait with any Felrush from now until either Vengeful Retreat or Felblade is ready. Thanks to the 2 stacks you never cap it and can maintain the 60% unless the mechanics demand you to wait.

I'm sure you can optimize this with e.g. Meta starting right after the first Felrush but that would need some testing.

So you don't really have to position yourself new all the time. It's mostly a case of you need some space to get away from the Mob and back into it, without pulling or triggering any mechanics. Only bosses like Korgus in Tol Dagor (last one) can be a pain with this build. Since every move you do increases the poison that stuns you it's way more time management that way but it still works.

I will stick to this build until 8.1 and whatever Blizz will do to the classes in that patch.

Edited by kakodaimonos

This build is very outdated at the moment, of course thanks for all the great work.  

Demonic builds bring by far higher dps and way less (forced) movement needs and downtime due to that. Having to fel rush + vengeful + felblade for a fully buffed chaos strike/blade dance session would be still hard and dangerous in this content but assuming it outdpsed demonic I'd try to make it work (still would have downtime or would need to be swapped in a bunch of encounters), the problem is that it doesn't. The much simpler demonic s(h)its on it easily.  

On 8/21/2018 at 10:18 PM, necromantia said:

This build is very outdated at the moment, of course thanks for all the great work.  

Demonic builds bring by far higher dps and way less (forced) movement needs and downtime due to that. Having to fel rush + vengeful + felblade for a fully buffed chaos strike/blade dance session would be still hard and dangerous in this content but assuming it outdpsed demonic I'd try to make it work (still would have downtime or would need to be swapped in a bunch of encounters), the problem is that it doesn't. The much simpler demonic s(h)its on it easily.  

idk what your doing but momentum is giving much higher results then demonic in almost every fight.

Anybody knows if the Death Sweep tooltip is bugged? it currently displays lower damage then Blade dance. Also , talents and azerite traits that affect blade dance, also affect Death sweep? because again, the tooltip does not reflect anything of that sort.

Guest nubcake
22 hours ago, sid1404kj said:

Um, can anyone tell me of Item Scores for Havoc? you know, the stat ratios, like Agi->1.78 Crit->0.9, and Haste->1.1 etc? Thank you very much.

every ones is different try using addons like : simulation craft and pawn with websites raid bots ?

22 hours ago, sid1404kj said:

Um, can anyone tell me of Item Scores for Havoc? you know, the stat ratios, like Agi->1.78 Crit->0.9, and Haste->1.1 etc? Thank you very much.

every ones if different try mods like : simulation craft - Pawn and sites like raid bots.

simcraft to get your current stats , raid bots to get your stat weights and pawn to help you keep the right items equipped 

Guest zenlicious

Think you want to update the azerite chart key to read 325, 340, and 355.

Guest Aerospace

How do you get a 325-355 ilvl Doom Shroom trinket? When it only drops at 280 off rares?

1 hour ago, Guest Aerospace said:

How do you get a 325-355 ilvl Doom Shroom trinket? When it only drops at 280 off rares?

The chart simply collates all trinkets, availability or not is something you will need to discuss with Bloodmallet directly

23 hours ago, Guest zenlicious said:

Think you want to update the azerite chart key to read 325, 340, and 355.

Same as above, Bloodmallet maintains the charts with breakpoints and will likely be revised as time goes on.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:47 PM, TeoStrife said:

Anybody knows if the Death Sweep tooltip is bugged? it currently displays lower damage then Blade dance. Also , talents and azerite traits that affect blade dance, also affect Death sweep? because again, the tooltip does not reflect anything of that sort. 

Traits do affect Death Sweep, tooltip is just likely not updating correctly.

Guest Mekhet

I could have sworn the havoc guide here on icy veins told me to get revolving blades not unbound chaos just a few days ago. I need to get new gear now