FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Vengeance Demon Hunter 8.3

6 hours ago, kenhia said:

The rotation has both Fracture and Shear; Fracture replaces Shear...am I missing something.

It's meant to have a "if-if not" thing, I believe. I'll let Munkky know so he can fix!

Guest Boethiah

In the rotation section there is a mistake. Under the point "active mitigation and cooldowns" its states that the DH has 3 CDs, soulcleave, fiery brand and fiery brand. The FB is mentioned 2 times :)

4 hours ago, Guest Boethiah said:

In the rotation section there is a mistake. Under the point "active mitigation and cooldowns" its states that the DH has 3 CDs, soulcleave, fiery brand and fiery brand. The FB is mentioned 2 times ?

I've let Munkky know, thanks!

Guest Suredead

Under the easy mode section it list 4 things for stat priority skipping agility. But on the stat priority page it has agility on top and then the rest of the list. Guessing it just got missed. And here I was gearing for haste like it was the be all end all in BFA lol. 

On 7/21/2018 at 9:34 AM, Guest Suredead said:

Under the easy mode section it list 4 things for stat priority skipping agility. But on the stat priority page it has agility on top and then the rest of the list. Guessing it just got missed. And here I was gearing for haste like it was the be all end all in BFA lol. 

This has now been updated, thanks!

Guest Panda

under the builds and talents section fel devastations tooltip and overview still state that it costs 30 pain. the pain cost was removed with 8.0.1 . This shouldn't change the recommended build but still don't like the false info

11 hours ago, Guest Panda said:

under the builds and talents section fel devastations tooltip and overview still state that it costs 30 pain. the pain cost was removed with 8.0.1 . This shouldn't change the recommended build but still don't like the false info

Good catch! Will get it updated.

Guest tacgnol06

The talent page states: "Fracture is an active ability that deals Physical damage to your target and creates 2 Lesser Soul Fragments. Fracture costs 30 Pain."

Fracture actually replaces Shear and generates 25 pain. Compared to Shear, it also adds a 4 second recharge time, with 2 charges.

On 7/29/2018 at 5:43 AM, Guest tacgnol06 said:

The talent page states: "Fracture is an active ability that deals Physical damage to your target and creates 2 Lesser Soul Fragments. Fracture costs 30 Pain."

Fracture actually replaces Shear and generates 25 pain. Compared to Shear, it also adds a 4 second recharge time, with 2 charges.

Munkky has fixed this, thanks for reporting it!

Uncommon Patron

I'm confused, in the "Easy Mode" section you say select 104 talent "Feed The Demon" but then in basic rotation you use Fracture. But Fracture is a 104 talent taken in place of "Feed The Demon". Which 104 talent is the best choice then?

3 hours ago, Benbrada said:

I'm confused, in the "Easy Mode" section you say select 104 talent "Feed The Demon" but then in basic rotation you use Fracture. But Fracture is a 104 talent taken in place of "Feed The Demon". Which 104 talent is the best choice then?

I've let Munkky know, will fix as necessary - thanks for letting us know!

Guest Silv

Just letting you know your demon spikes on the page is wrong it no longer coast any pain in fact if I am not mistaken it actually helps in generating pain now 

On 8/4/2018 at 10:34 PM, Guest Silv said:

Just letting you know your demon spikes on the page is wrong it no longer coast any pain in fact if I am not mistaken it actually helps in generating pain now 

The tooltip is wrong (we can't change that currently, since it's not ours), but the description should be correct.

Guest Keyen

Just a quick comment about that:

Infernal Strike Icon Infernal Strike is off the global cooldown, and deals damage on impact. It should be used on cooldown as much as possible, though charges should be saved if movement is required.

If running Flame Crash Icon Flame Crash, you want to weave the debuff of Flame Crash and Sigil of Flame Icon Sigil of Flame. You will be casting Infernal Strike Icon Infernal Strike in between casts of Sigil of Flame. It takes roughly 3 seconds from the initial click, to the landing, and subsequent exploding of the Flame Crash. So plan to cast Infernal Strike when the debuff from Sigil of Flame is less than 3 seconds left. Note that the casts ignite. This means that you can stack 2 Sigil of Flame together for a little bit more burst damage. You can only stack 2 together properly, at 3 it loses damage. This means that if you cast Sigil of Flame then immediately use Infernal Strike, you can get 2 Sigil of Flame worth of DoTs on the target. Wait to cast a third until the first one is about to expire and coincide the explosion of the third with the ending of the first debuff. Note that the User Interface will not show any graphic of having 2 Sigils stacked.

Actually, the rotation is much simpler. Since the dot stacks (the remaining dot is added to the total of the next dot), you can use infernal strike and sigil of flame every time they come off CD, without caring if they overlap or not. It's, of course, if you don't need the mobility of infernal strike.

Guest Keyen

And another comment about Soul Barrier (sorry, can't edit). The talent is also much stronger than described. Actually, every single soul absorbed during the 12s effect adds shield. Even the ones used by spirit bomb or soul cleave afterward. It means it can go up to 300 or 350% of the original value (and not simply 200% with 5 souls). However, you only gain shield as long as the shield is not broken. Once it is, the buff is removed. 

Basically, if you want to optimize it, you are not simply using it at 5 souls, but you are also waiting for 1 stack and a half of fracture so you can quickly double fracture into spirit bomb the next 3 GCD.

Guest Boethiah

Just a simple question. 

Is mastery still stronger for dungeons/Myth+ than haste or is haste/versa in all situations the best option?

Guest ElvUI_TankHealth

ElvUI_TankHealth doesn't seem to be up to date. I installed but there were errors. Do you still use it and there is a way around the errors?

Guest Dodedrommer

So i just noticed that you guys haven't updated the ring enchants, Enchant Ring - Binding of Haste is no longer viable. it is Enchant Ring - Seal of Haste now, which give  +27 haste instead of +9. Please update this as the Enchant Ring - Binding of haste is almost 2k gold and the Seal of Haste is only about 30g, so due to this wrong information i wasted about 10k on ring enchants when i didn't have to. Thank you

Guest Skyblade

In the Best in Slot section, there is no word of weapons.  Since the Artifacts are retired, this is something we have to worry about now.  What are the best weapons for us?

Guest Zeb

The flasks seem to be in the wrong order under the consumables. It says the stamina is for dps and agility is for survival. 

Guest Demonling

The Infernal strike macro does not work for me.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl, @Player] Infernal Strike; [nomod, @cursor] Infernal Strike

20 hours ago, Guest Demonling said:

The Infernal strike macro does not work for me.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl, @Player] Infernal Strike; [nomod, @cursor] Infernal Strike

I am using this macro and it works fine for me

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, @player] [] Infernal strike